Embattled evol health insurance providers mum on criticism? There's a reason...

Feb 28, 2009
The demagoguery, exaggeration, embellishing and in some cases outright lying, and also fair criticism about health insurance providers continues unabated. And yet, you seldom if ever see any of them attempting to defend themselves.

Well hell, I wouldn't either if I saw say, 20 million new customers coming down the pike!

Huh?

If there's 47 million uninsured, and HC insurance is gonna be mandatory, fully 45% of those will be getting a private policy, right? Look at all those new customers for the evol insurance companies! Look at the BILLIONS of new revenue we're talking! Even if it's just 20%, it's quite a new, untapped billion dollar market they're getting courtesy of the idiots in Washington! Big bucks. The rich get richer and the poor get hosed again!

They can't defend themselves because they are too busy licking their chops! The smart money for investing? Health insurance providers folks. They are gonna clean up.

The law of unintended consequences? Or, part of the plan all along?

Discuss.

The demagoguery, exaggeration, embellishing and in some cases outright lying, and also fair criticism about health insurance providers continues unabated. And yet, you seldom if ever see any of them attempting to defend themselves.

Well hell, I wouldn't either if I saw say, 20 million new customers coming down the pike!

Huh?

If there's 47 million uninsured, and HC insurance is gonna be mandatory, fully 45% of those will be getting a private policy, right? Look at all those new customers for the evol insurance companies! Look at the BILLIONS of new revenue we're talking! Even if it's just 20%, it's quite a new, untapped billion dollar market they're getting courtesy of the idiots in Washington! Big bucks. The rich get richer and the poor get hosed again!

They can't defend themselves because they are too busy licking their chops! The smart money for investing? Health insurance providers folks. They are gonna clean up.

Discuss.

Well--I think the original plan was for the federal government to take "your" money & then dish out what health care "your" government thought you should get---:lol::lol:

So the next question you have to ask yourself--IS do you trust your federal government with your 'LIFE' aka health care decisions?

It's more than obvious that no one can cut 500 BILLION out of medicare with millions of baby boomers now entering the system & will continue to do so for the next 15 years--without rationing health care.

I don't think this was the "hopey & changey" those who voted for Obama hoped----:lol:

As far as private companies. Yes we know there is fraud within it. Yes we know--there are many problems. But--I still haven't heard one single complaint that cannot be regulated by our federal government with a few new laws. This does not mean a government take-over.

$the-change-you-wanted.jpg

What better way for the government to get people to spend some money then by demanding that they buy a product. Any product. Their pitch just happens to be for health insurance. Next, they will have a guy on tv selling crap like Obama trash can liners or something stupid like that. Talk about creating an economic stimulus plan!

• Banned
What better way for the government to get people to spend some money then by demanding that they buy a product. Any product.
Makes you wonder if the fix was in, doesn't it? Gives the whole thing the look of a con job. We demonize the insurance companies, while at the same time creating a taxpayer mandated and funded bailout of same. If I'm one of these companies, I'm salivating and laughing all the way to the bank right now.
Their pitch just happens to be for health insurance. Next, they will have a guy on tv selling crap like Obama trash can liners or something stupid like that. Talk about creating an economic stimulus plan!
If they have a guy selling that stuff, that's okay with me. So long as they're not MANDATING my purchase of the crap.

Huh?

Discuss.

Isn't this exactly why the public option was pushed? So that we were not providing a gambit for the insurance companies to charge what they want without competition?

The insuran.......excuse me...republicans don't want insurance companies to compete, just like they did not want big pharma to compete.

• Banned

Huh?

Discuss.

Isn't this exactly why the public option was pushed? So that we were not providing a gambit for the insurance companies to charge what they want without competition?
Are you daft? You think there's NO competition in the HC insurance industry?

You're twisting INTENDED consequences with unintended ones. If you're a insurance provider, aren't you really licking your chops right now, anticipating 20 million new customers possible, even if it is at lower rates somehow?

Think. "Big Insurance" is going to get a massive windfall from all of this, get BIGGER and stronger, and probably won't worry too much about rates!

Huh?

Discuss.

You're twisting INTENDED consequences with unintended ones. If you're a insurance provider, aren't you really licking your chops right now, anticipating 20 million new customers possible, even if it is at lower rates somehow?

Think. "Big Insurance" is going to get a massive windfall from all of this, get BIGGER and stronger, and probably won't worry too much about rates!

Damn!........Wish I had an "Option"

• Banned

You think you don't have? I do.

But, let's address the topic: You're okay with this huge windfall evol insurance is going to get? MILLIONS of new customers, BILLIONS of new revenue, generated by this health scare bill? Basically a BAILOUT for them, because health insurance will be REQUIRED instead of optional?

But, let's address the topic: You're okay with this huge windfall evol insurance is going to get? MILLIONS of new customers, BILLIONS of new revenue, generated by this health scare bill? Basically a BAILOUT for them, because health insurance will be REQUIRED instead of optional?

Wish I had a Public Option! :eusa_pray:

You have a "public option" to buy stock in evol health insurance providers now, while their stock price is low, because it's gonna skyrocket when this shit is passed. The wise will get rich while the poor get poorer from having to fucking BUY mandated health insurance.

You have a "public option" to buy stock in evol health insurance providers now, while their stock price is low, because it's gonna skyrocket when this shit is passed. The wise will get rich while the poor get poorer from having to fucking BUY mandated health insurance.

I wish I had a Public Healthcare Option....

Then MM wouldn't have his panties in an uproar over the insurance companies making so much money

Then MM wouldn't have his panties in an uproar over the insurance companies making so much money
They are STILL gonna be making the money! Did you not read the OP?

They're really going to hurt Big Insurance by giving them 20 million or so new customers with a law that says you gotta buy health insurance?

Where's the outrage?

Do you even know what it is?

Is it the ability to buy health care insurance from the gubmint, at hopefully, lower rates and better coverage? Thus "competing" with private insurers?

Or is it just, free medical?

Either way, if any significant percentage of the 47 million who they claim are uninsured go private, the law is mandating a huge largess for the very private insurers they're demonizing. Irony?

"Big Insurance is bad, is evil and isn't fair. So we're going to punish them by making it the law of the land that you are REQUIRED to buy health insurance" just sort of rings hollow with me, for some reason.

Makes you wonder who's REALLY "in bed with big insurance."

Is it the ability to buy health care insurance from the gubmint, at hopefully, lower rates and better coverage? Thus "competing" with private insurers?

Either way, if any significant percentage of the 47 million who they claim are uninsured go private, the law is mandating a huge largess for the very private insurers they're demonizing. Irony?

"Big Insurance is bad, is evil and isn't fair. So we're going to punish them by making it the law of the land that you are REQUIRED to buy health insurance" just sort of rings hollow with me, for some reason.

Of course I know what the public option is.
Low overhead costs, no need to advertise, no gross CEO salaries

Public Option will provide a bare bones policy that will force the private sector to contain costs. It is the insurance companies worst nightmare. Thats why they have spent billions to defeat it.

Its also why the republicans will do anything to defeat it

Of course I know what the public option is.
Low overhead costs, no need to advertise, no gross CEO salaries
Are you nuts? Of COURSE there will be advertising, there WILL be big salaries. Name me one govt program that hasn't had these.
Public Option will provide a bare bones policy that will force the private sector to contain costs. It is the insurance companies worst nightmare. Thats why they have spent billions to defeat it.
Could you possibly be more deluded? Have you forgotten already that they are making health insurance mandatory, therefore "Big Insurance" stands to clean up? Where exactly have they "spent billions" to defeat this? And you really think a "monster" like Big Insurance can't compete with Uncle Sam?
Its also why the republicans will do anything to defeat it
I see now my earlier question is answered: You CAN get more delusional. Newsflash for you -- the Dems don't need ANY republican votes OR support to get this passed, or to get anything else they want, passed. The republicans CANNOT defeat anything! They are POWERLESS to stop the democrats no matter what it is!

Blaming Boooosh and the republicans is all you have in your shtick. Because you are a mindless puppet. I can see now how beyond stupid and partisan you are.

One last time:

If I were a friend of big insurance, I might make insurance MANDATORY in order to line my friends' pockets.

The Dems are making health insurance mandatory, and it's going to line the pockets of Big Insurance.

And you're okay with that, so long as you think your side "wins."

Right?

Last edited:
If Pelosi and Reid try to push a mandate through the house, it won't pass and they know it. They still want a public option which effectively makes the government an insurance company. They will lowball doctor and hospital rates in an attempt to drive the insurance companies to match them.

The thing is that Doctors and hospitals will still attempt to recover the difference from their patients.

If Pelosi and Reid try to push a mandate through the house, it won't pass and they know it.
The mandate will pass. It's been in every version of this, and has thus far survived every committee. It's not even been that controversial.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around who it actually helps to MANDATE health insurance, and all I can come up with is, the insurance companies who stand to gain millions of new customers and billions in new revenue.

Thus far, no one's come up with any other answer.

Most folks only look at the stated goals, I am looking at the (possibly) unintended consequences.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back