Elvis Aaron Presley

My aunt still has her Elvis picture still hanging to this day from the '60's, right next to her Jesus picture.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmIhCkp3p4]Elvis Presley- Suspicious Minds - YouTube[/ame]

The Beatles were impressed with Elvis.

I read something interesting about that.

Incredible voice.

I seem to have always been in some time warp--between Elvis and the Beatles.

Just thankful that songs were written and performed.

It is really possible that I saw the original Ed Sullivan show when he first appeared.

He was on Ed Sullivan more than once. I saw all of them. I also saw the first performances of the Beatles on his show.

When Elvis first started out he sounded like a dying calf in a hail storm. But he had the voice and all the moves. Over time he got quite good. IMO the Beatles were always somewhat impaired as they only did 4:4 time. There is something seriously wrong with someone who can't do a waltz or a ballad. I though Ringo sucked as a percussionist, so he may have been their problem. Now, the guy who did Wipeout, HE was a gifted percussionist.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzV_0l5ILI]Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock 1957 colour - YouTube[/ame]

Incredible voice.

It is really possible that I saw the original Ed Sullivan show when he first appeared.

He was on Ed Sullivan more than once. I saw all of them. I also saw the first performances of the Beatles on his show.

When Elvis first started out he sounded like a dying calf in a hail storm. But he had the voice and all the moves. Over time he got quite good. IMO the Beatles were always somewhat impaired as they only did 4:4 time. There is something seriously wrong with someone who can't do a waltz or a ballad. I though Ringo sucked as a percussionist, so he may have been their problem. Now, the guy who did Wipeout, HE was a gifted percussionist.

I really have forgotten what I read. John, probably, was intrigued and I believe they visited Mississippi to learn more.

I just listen and at times dance. lol

I really don't know much about Adele---but 'Rolling in the Deep' is about the last song that 'blew me away'.

Roy Orbison--'Just Running Scared'--I listened to things like that.

I will always get on my feet for 'Rocky Top'---lol.

Incredible voice.

I really have forgotten what I read. John, probably, was intrigued and I believe they visited Mississippi to learn more.

I really don't know much about Adele---but 'Rolling in the Deep' is about the last song that 'blew me away'.

I heard Rocky Top so much when I lived in TN that now I mostly just want to puke when I hear it. And of course, Stephen Foster's My Old Kentucky Home is no longer politically correct. When I was in high school we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. They had an organist hidden somewhere playing music that resounded in the lobby. She played My Old KY Home for us. We sang along. We always sing it at our family reunions as well.

Last edited:

I heard Rocky Top so much when I lived in TN that now I mostly just want to puke when I hear it. And of course, Stephen Foster's My Old Kentucky Home is no longer politically correct. When I was in high school we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. They had an organist hidden somewhere playing music that resounded in the lobby. She played My Old KY Home for us. We sang along. We always sing it at our family reunions as well.

lol--'Dixie'--'When Johnny Comes Marching Home'--just go down the list of songs that are now politically incorrect--we sang all of them. Sang Negro spirituals, read Uncle Remus--had a grand old time.

And we ate all the fried food, pound cake, homemade ice cream and watermelon. And have no regrets. lol.

For a while I posted on a relocation forum--heard every single thing that is wrong with 'The South' and its racism. Now we are 'too generic'. lol. Will never compare to Boston, Chicago, LA or others. The mountains are 'nothing' compared to the Rockies---really not much that can be done about that. lol.

If anyone wants to visit Atlanta and partake of Southern food--The Colonade on Cheshire Bridge Rd is one of the few places where this might be possible. Enormous servings of fried chicken and the best yeast rolls ever.

I fell in love with Elvis when I was in 3rd grade. I always enjoy his old movies when they come on TV. My favorite album is Blue Hawaii. I remember in high school slow dancing to one of the songs in it - Ku-U-I-Po.

One of his leading ladies Ann-Margaret was in Loss of a Teardrop Diamond a recent Tennessee Williams screenplay. Man, she looks old. Some things even cosmetic surgery can't fix. I just kept thinking 'THIS woman got it on with Elvis?' LOL

008LTD_Ann_Margret_001.jpg

The close ups are much worse.

I know exactly what you are saying .....but.... let's face it....;)

This is the Ann-Margret Elvis fell in love with! the early 1960s one! :mm::mm:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0bRNP4sGY]Elvis Presley - Put The Blame On Me *New Edit* by DjEthan244 REAL BLU-RAY - YouTube[/ame]

All these are early candids called *Sigh*

With Mom and Dad.... he just loved his mother.... oh well :lol:

let's move on

*Sigh*

*Sigh* again

:D

-bloopers-

enjoy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYamAN5Fx-Y]Elvis Presley - Comeback Bloopers - YouTube[/ame]

can I tell you something? this is my fab song from him...I used to play it over and over some years ago... I still love it!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Obxq3kvnc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Obxq3kvnc[/ame]

He was truly a beautiful man. Inside, and out.
Can't say the same for that woman he married, though. I wanted him to marry Ann Margaret.

If you've never been to Graceland you should try to go if you can. There were several things there that completely blew my mind. And I don't count myself as any kind of huge Elvis fan or anything. But the things I saw there demand respect.

It's in a now run-down neighborhood. With a pretty shitty visitors center right across the street. Yet is ABSOLUTELY worth going to.

Forum List

Back