Elizabeth Warren and others get hearing aids for over the counter signed

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Legislation Included in FDA Reauthorization Act Could Impact Millions of Americans with Hearing Loss

Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), and Representatives Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) today applauded final passage of the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Hearing Aid Act as part of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Reauthorization Act. The legislation passed the House Energy and Commerce Committee by a unanimous, bipartisan vote, and passed the full House of Representatives without objection in July. The legislation was voted out of the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee on a bipartisan vote, and passed the Senate today 94-1.

The legislation will make certain types of hearing aids available over the counter to Americans with mild to moderate hearing impairment. It also requires the FDA to write regulations ensuring that this new category of OTC hearing aids meets the same high standards for safety, consumer labeling and manufacturing protections as all medical devices, providing consumers the option of an FDA-regulated device at lower cost.

Bipartisan Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Legislation To Become Law | U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Shows how she can work across the aisle. Passed 93 to 1.. How great is this, Medicare does not cover hearing aids.

Legislation Included in FDA Reauthorization Act Could Impact Millions of Americans with Hearing Loss

Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), and Representatives Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.) and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) today applauded final passage of the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Hearing Aid Act as part of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Reauthorization Act. The legislation passed the House Energy and Commerce Committee by a unanimous, bipartisan vote, and passed the full House of Representatives without objection in July. The legislation was voted out of the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee on a bipartisan vote, and passed the Senate today 94-1.

The legislation will make certain types of hearing aids available over the counter to Americans with mild to moderate hearing impairment. It also requires the FDA to write regulations ensuring that this new category of OTC hearing aids meets the same high standards for safety, consumer labeling and manufacturing protections as all medical devices, providing consumers the option of an FDA-regulated device at lower cost.

Bipartisan Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Legislation To Become Law | U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

Shows how she can work across the aisle. Passed 93 to 1.. How great is this, Medicare does not cover hearing aids.

Awesome news for folks who need them. Now, how about doing the same for Antibiotics? Pretty please?

Yet any example of the federal government sticking it’s nose were it doesn’t belong.
By reducing regulations to make hearing aids easier to get?

Who enacted the regulations? Rhetorical.

Shouldn’t be dumb regulations in the first place.
So your argument is this isn't a good thing because there were regulations before so reducing them now doesn't matter?

Yet any example of the federal government sticking it’s nose were it doesn’t belong.

So your argument is this isn't a good thing because there were regulations before so reducing them now doesn't matter?
Government sucks. Always.

You want to give her credit for eliminating stupid regulations imposed by government. I couldn’t care less. It is absurd.

You want to give her credit for eliminating stupid regulations imposed by government. I couldn’t care less. It is absurd.
This is a bipartisan bill you rockhead.

That’s hilarious.

Trump has been reducing regulations across the board, but Warren gets Kudos for this?

LMFAO!!!

I did a quick Google search and found that the price of hearing aids ranged from 50 to $2400.

With out doing a statistical analysis, I would estimate that the mean is around $300.

What happens when government gets involved? We know.

Look for that mean to rise, precipitously. It will do the same thing as all other medical costs, and and the cost of a college education. So if you have hearing problems, you better hope you have insurance, you or won't hear what is going on. Which, on second thought, these days? Might not be such a bad thing.

Awesome news for folks who need them. Now, how about doing the same for Antibiotics? Pretty please?

Yes its wonderful, just like the glasses at the stores, but ATB's, I do not think so, since they are overused and used improperly, and they can be dangerous.

That’s hilarious.

Trump has been reducing regulations across the board, but Warren gets Kudos for this?

LMFAO!!!
Everyone who voted for this gets kudos, this is a good thing for everyone! Why the fuck are you complaining about it?

I did a quick Google search and found that the price of hearing aids ranged from 50 to $2400.

With out doing a statistical analysis, I would estimate that the mean is around $300.

What happens when government gets involved? We know.

Look for that mean to rise, precipitously. It will do the same thing as all other medical costs, and and the cost of a college education. So if you have hearing problems, you better hope you have insurance, you or won't hear what is going on. Which, on second thought, these days? Might not be such a bad thing.
In most cases, government regulations are purposely designed to protect vested interests. Those interests buy protection by buying politicians, who enact the regulations.

It’s a racket the Mafia can only dream of.

That’s hilarious.

LMFAO!!!
Everyone who voted for this gets kudos, this is a good thing for everyone! Why the fuck are you complaining about it?
If you don’t know even after I have clued you in, I can’t help you. Sorry.

That’s hilarious.

LMFAO!!!
So this is a bad then? Explain

That’s hilarious.

LMFAO!!!
So this is a bad then? Explain
LOL

Forum List

Back