Elitism: Romney would rank among richest presidents ever

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kidrocks, Jan 28, 2012.

1. kidrocks

kidrocks Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Hmmm, imagine that... 50 times richer than poor ole Obama. Talk about being out of touch with the people. Talk about the rich getting richer and the poor, well you know. Talk about elitism.

Romney would rank among richest presidents ever - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now you're in Romney territory.

He would be among the richest presidents in American history if elected — probably in the top four.

He couldn't top George Washington who, with nearly 60,000 acres (24,000 hectares) and more than 300 slaves, is considered the big daddy of presidential wealth. After that, it gets complicated, depending on how you rate Thomas Jefferson's plantation, Herbert Hoover's millions from mining or John F. Kennedy's share of the vast family fortune, as well as the finer points of factors like inflation adjustment.

But it's safe to say the Roosevelts had nothing on Romney, and the Bushes are nowhere close.

The former Massachusetts governor has disclosed only the broad outlines of his wealth, putting it somewhere from $190 million to $250 million. That easily could make him 50 times richer than Obama, who falls in the still-impressive-to-most-of-us range of $2.2 million to $7.5 million.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    And Romney wants to lift our poor out of poverty, and help our 'middle class' achieve wealth... how terrible of him.

Stop demonizing people who have more than you... it's pathetic.

3. kidrocks

kidrocks Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420

Looks to me like Mr 15% wanted to help himself above all.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Might look like that to you, doesn't make it true. He's wealthy. He made his own money, took his own risks and got rich. That used to be something we - as a country - respected. Helping your kids do better than you did used to be a good thing. Now, it's used as a weapon against them. I find that pathetic.

Looks to me like you're a sad loser who resents the success of others. Shame on you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    "I'm unemployed too"
    "I've worried about getting a pink slip"
    "Bet $10 THOUSAND DOLLARS"
    "Let people lose their homes to foreclosure"
    And so on and so on and so on -

Its not that he's ultra-wealthy. Its that he has no clue about how the real world works. Mormon-funded Bain didn't start saving companies until after he left them. ALL of his money came from dismantling companies and firing people and he still gets $13MILLION every year for destroying those companies and those jobs.

Can't imagine a worse choice for president.

Unless it would be Newt, Santorum or Paul.

6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    [​IMG]

7. kidrocks

kidrocks Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +420

No one amasses that much fortune without the assisst of the gov't along the way. This discovery will be exposed hopefully by Obama. It's called loopholes, tax-breaks for the rich. It's called entitlements and welfare for the rich. Gov't hand-outs if you will and all at the expense of the tax-payers of course.

8. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    His policies might do a better job lifting the poor out of poverty and helping the middle class then Obamas... I won't negate that.

It's hard for me to actually believe that he "wants" to do so though.

I have a hard time believing Romney, Gingrich, Obama, etc care ANYTHING about people... period.

Poor, rich, black, brown, or white. I just don't think some of these politicians really care about what's best for "people" but what's best for their campaign, that's why they make such great liars.

It's just not their personalities to "care". Even Clinton (Bill) gave off some illusion that he somewhat MAYBE cared about average people... even though I doubt it.

These politicians we have these days don't care at all about anyone, the closest we have to people who care about people and families and such are Santorum and Paul and YES there is a BIG difference between Santorum and Paul and the other two establishment nutjobs.

9. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    Don't count on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,492
    Mitt's plan will increase my taxes, I'm not a millionaire.

Nope, I don't think the lower and middle class can AFFORD a Romney presidency.