Elitism: Romney would rank among richest presidents ever

Um..........hate to tell you, but 2/3 of the charitable donations are actually tithes he's required to pay to the Mormon church.

The Mormon Curtain - MORMON TITHING

So? He still gave more money to charity than he paid in taxes, can you say the same about Obama? Aren't you one of the people that complain about people not following the teachings of Y'shua? Why should you be upset that Romney actually follows the teachings as he believes them and not be upset that Obama ignores them?

Dunno if I consider "charity" paying a REQUIRED tithe to your church.

That sounds more like a bill.

Ha!... A "bill" indeed! :clap2:

That must be quite a significant pension.... if you're taxes will increase under Romney. Sorry, GayBikerBoy, I think you're lyin'.

According to Romney's plan, those who make less than 20 grand a year would see a 1.6 percent INCREASE.

You don't want to pay your fair share?

No, not that at all, I just think it's unfair that Romney's plan would increase my taxes by 1.6 percent while LOWERING HIS by around 4.5 percent.

I think Romney should pay his fair share, not get additional tax breaks on my dime.

That must be quite a significant pension.... if you're taxes will increase under Romney. Sorry, GayBikerBoy, I think you're lyin'.

According to Romney's plan, those who make less than 20 grand a year would see a 1.6 percent INCREASE.

Apparently, not.

Personally, it's not my business who much GayBoy gets from his service. Nor is it his how much I earn by my own initiative. Nor is it his or mine how Romney chooses to spend his.

No, not that at all, I just think it's unfair that Romney's plan would increase my taxes by 1.6 percent while LOWERING HIS by around 4.5 percent.

I think Romney should pay his fair share, not get additional tax breaks on my dime.

You have evidence that he hasn't? Report it to the IRS. Simple.

I'm talking about the tax plan that Romney would implement if he was elected you ignorant twit. Under Mitt Romney's tax plan, my taxes would increase by 1.6 percent as I take home under 20,000/yr, and it would also lower the CURRENT RATE by 4.5 percent for the super wealthy.

Idiot.

Hmmm, imagine that... 50 times richer than poor ole Obama. Talk about being out of touch with the people. Talk about the rich getting richer and the poor, well you know. Talk about elitism.

Romney would rank among richest presidents ever - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now you're in Romney territory.

He would be among the richest presidents in American history if elected — probably in the top four.

He couldn't top George Washington who, with nearly 60,000 acres (24,000 hectares) and more than 300 slaves, is considered the big daddy of presidential wealth. After that, it gets complicated, depending on how you rate Thomas Jefferson's plantation, Herbert Hoover's millions from mining or John F. Kennedy's share of the vast family fortune, as well as the finer points of factors like inflation adjustment.

But it's safe to say the Roosevelts had nothing on Romney, and the Bushes are nowhere close.

The former Massachusetts governor has disclosed only the broad outlines of his wealth, putting it somewhere from $190 million to $250 million. That easily could make him 50 times richer than Obama, who falls in the still-impressive-to-most-of-us range of $2.2 million to $7.5 million.

Below JFK, John Kerry, and George Washington.

WTF is your point.

But 50 times richer than President Obama.

Pssst... Romney is not running against Kerry or George Washington he's running against the community-organizer.

If Democrats think they can beat Romney by attacking capitalism and demonizing success; they may be in for quite a surprise come November.

We need a public servant; not some rich kid. Romney knows nothing about what real Americans are about.

What, precisely, is this 'real American' that you speak of? All Americans are 'real American', regardless of race, color, creed, or wealth. This nation belongs to us all. It is not yours more than mine, or mine more than anyone else's. That does seem to be a concept that many on the left struggle to comprehend.

I'm talking about the tax plan that Romney would implement if he was elected you ignorant twit. Under Mitt Romney's tax plan, my taxes would increase by 1.6 percent as I take home under 20,000/yr, and it would also lower the CURRENT RATE by 4.5 percent for the super wealthy.

Idiot.

You seem to consider this whole 'tax' thing with very simplistic terms of reference. You consider only the 'what's in it for me' and 'why can't he pay more than he does'.... but the country does not function in such a simple world. In order of the US to keep the wealth of the wealthy inside our nation, we must make it cost effective for them, we must compete with, say, the EU in things like capital gains. Have you factored that in to your 'me me me' mentality?

Funny thing, the Tax Policy Center says that people making less than $20,000 a year will pay less under Romney's plan than they do now, maybe you should post your source that proves the contrary. You should also try making some investments so you can take advantage of his plan to eliminate taxes on that income for those making less than $200,000.

If Democrats think they can beat Romney by attacking capitalism and demonizing success; they may be in for quite a surprise come November.

Republicans attacking President Obama's race, nationality and religion is far worse. No comparison.

Funny thing, the Tax Policy Center says that people making less than $20,000 a year will pay less under Romney's plan than they do now, maybe you should post your source that proves the contrary. You should also try making some investments so you can take advantage of his plan to eliminate taxes on that income for those making less than $200,000.

Yeah........sure.........living on a pension and I'm 47. How the fuck could anyone make enough money to qualify in my situation unless they won the lottery?

Silly me................I chose travel and defending this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic instead of going to college to make scads of money.

BTW.........post 9 on the beginning of this thread has the charts of how Romney's tax plan is going to actually reduce my income, while increasing it for people like him.

Last edited:

Yeah........sure.........living on a pension and I'm 47. How the fuck could anyone make enough money to qualify in my situation unless they won the lottery?

Silly me................I chose travel and defending this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic instead of going to college to make scads of money.

BTW.........post 9 on the beginning of this thread has the charts of how Romney's tax plan is going to actually reduce my income, while increasing it for people like him.

Maybe you should take a better look at those charts. Current policy is to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire in January. If that happens your taxes will go up, Romney's plan actually assumes current law is still in affect, not current policy. That would mean your taxes do not go up.

Last edited:
Mitt's plan will increase my taxes, I'm not a millionaire.

Nope, I don't think the lower and middle class can AFFORD a Romney presidency.

:lol: Now that is interesting. I thought you were living off the government.... you having served the nation for 20 years.

And now YOU resort to class-warfare. Shame on you! :eusa_hand:

That's not 'class warfare' you half it. It's fact. GayBiker has a pension. He's retired, and he hasn't even hit 50 yet. He could get up off that fat ass of his and work to contribute to the country, and subsidize his pension. He chooses not to and then bitches about 'rich people'. I'll always help those less fortunate - but I will not help the fucking lazy bastards like GayBiker.

You're 47. You choose not to work. Lazy fucking ass.

You're 47. You choose not to work. Lazy fucking ass.

Actually, I'm RETIRED at 47, and am able to live on my pension.

Jealous?

New Topics

Forum List

Back