Elena Kagan to be nominated for supreme court

Breaking:
Elena Kagan To Be Nominated To Supreme Court By Obama To Replace Justice John Paul Stevens
NBC is reporting that Elena Kagan will be nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

Another POOR decision by the Obama administration. I have no idea who Kagan really is. What I do know is she has never been a federal judge. That is requirement #1 in my book!

I mean would you hire the architect to be the General Contractor for building the World Trade Center? No, because the architect might be good at being an architect. However, he/she has never been a general contractor, so you don't want to hand an inexperience person the keys to the most important construction job in the country.

How could someone be insane enough to think appointing a person who has never been a judge to the most important court in the land (a court that can set precedence for generations!)?

so what? ....your post should have your opinion about the news. Otherwise it's just spam.

really? interesting. perhaps on other boards you've haunted. not here.

there is nothing inappropriate or 'spam' about providing information.

or do i have to go through every rightwingnut thread to show you what spam is?

Come on Jillian you can't really support Kagan! Right or left, liberal or conservative, I would think people see the importance of having a Federal judge appointed to the Supreme Court instead of someone who will have to learn on the job and has never proven she can even be a judge. Heck we don't even have any opinions to judge from!

I figured Obama would pander to the Gay community and nominate a Lesbian or a Transsexual.

I guess he's still looking for a cross-dresser or some guy with a boob-job to fill the next opening.

Why does he need to pander for the fag vote? He could come out and say no matter what I have the fag vote and the fags would still vote for him.

Same with the black vote. That is why he could give a shit now about pandering to them.

He wants to keep the white women vote, which Sarah Palin, believe it or not, is sucking away to the Republican side.

In all honesty, he should have gotten a qualified good looking white women, who has actually been a Federal judge. There has to be one out there.

so what? ....your post should have your opinion about the news. Otherwise it's just spam.

Come on Jillian you can't really support Kagan! Right or left, liberal or conservative, I would think people see the importance of having a Federal judge appointed to the Supreme Court instead of someone who will have to learn on the job and has never proven she can even be a judge. Heck we don't even have any opinions to judge from!

where did I express any comment about kagan in my post?

in fact, if you read on, i don't think the president should have pandered to the right by choosing her. i'd have preferred wood.

my comment was about them jumping on the O/P for simply posting the information... something they would never do to even the wingnuttliest rightwingnut.

Breaking:
Elena Kagan To Be Nominated To Supreme Court By Obama To Replace Justice John Paul Stevens
NBC is reporting that Elena Kagan will be nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

Another POOR decision by the Obama administration. I have no idea who Kagan really is. What I do know is she has never been a federal judge. That is requirement #1 in my book!

I mean would you hire the architect to be the General Contractor for building the World Trade Center? No, because the architect might be good at being an architect. However, he/she has never been a general contractor, so you don't want to hand an inexperience person the keys to the most important construction job in the country.

How could someone be insane enough to think appointing a person who has never been a judge to the most important court in the land (a court that can set precedence for generations!)?

Neither was Rehnquist, nominated by Nixon as a justice and Reagan for Chief. I suppose you feel Nixon and Reagan were insane too?

The board troll is gonna teach us all about spam, how appropriate.

(1) Holden wasN'T nominated. The worst AG in US history, would do more damage to America from the bench.
(2) Napalitano wasN'T nominated. She is inept at her current role. In fact she is an utter failure at it. Surprised Obama didn't appoint her. I mean she was an utter failure, makes perfect sense for the Obama camp to promote her.

Neither was Rehnquist, nominated by Nixon as a justice and Reagan for Chief. I suppose you feel Nixon and Reagan were insane too?
YES! I think those moves are insane also! Did you not read my post? :confused:

many say it is better to nominate a person to the supreme court that does NOT have judicial experience....they come in with a clean mind, not weighted down by the other judicial positions they have held.

many say it is better to nominate a person to the supreme court that does NOT have judicial experience....they come in with a clean mind, not weighted down by the other judicial positions they have held.

My douche bag roomate said the same thing in college. She he hired an electrician (the best electrician in the entire country) to fix the plumbing!. What happened? The basement flooded!

Not a true story, but you get the point. Don't hire an electrician to do the plumbing!!

Last edited:

My douche bag roomate said the same thing in college. She he hired an electrician (the best electrician in the entire country) to fix the plumping. What happened? The basement flooded!

Not a true story, but you get the point. Don't hire an electrician to do the plumping!

although I understand your analogy, I respectfully disagree, and our founding father's disagree as well....they did NOT make being a lawyer or judge as a requirement to being a supreme court justice....and for good reason, in mu humble opinion....

My douche bag roomate said the same thing in college. She he hired an electrician (the best electrician in the entire country) to fix the plumbing!. What happened? The basement flooded!

Not a true story, but you get the point. Don't hire an electrician to do the plumbing!!

I don't believe eiter Chief Justice Rhenquist or Chief Justice Warren were judges before being appointed to the Court.

(1) Holden wasN'T nominated. The worst AG in US history, would do more damage to America from the bench.
(2) Napalitano wasN'T nominated. She is inept at her current role. In fact she is an utter failure at it. Surprised Obama didn't appoint her. I mean she was an utter failure, makes perfect sense for the Obama camp to promote her.

You can Deval Patrick to that list. Also Hillary. Also Bill. The list of possible disasters is unlimited.

Nominating basically an academic is interesting. Scalia made a comment during a hearing about a legal theory that showed a disdain for academic discussion of the subject vs those held by practicing jurists. In the ivory tower you can afford to be "creative."

I don't see a lot of opposition to her appearing. I also don't think she will do a very good job.

Good for you. I prefer to get my own news. I come here to view other peoples opinion about the news.
The fact that it was posted reflect the poster's opinion that it was note worthy.

I don't believe eiter Chief Justice Rhenquist or Chief Justice Warren were judges before being appointed to the Court.

And we see how well they worked out.

except that kagan is a constitutional scholar and as solicitor general is certainly comfortable in front of the court. she was also counsel to the judiciary committee when ginzberg was confirmed.

that's a lot more court experience than rhenquist had.

although i'm sure the rightwingnuts will try to paint her as ignorant as harriet miers.

except that kagan is a constitutional scholar and as solicitor general is certainly comfortable in front of the court. she was also counsel to the judiciary committee when ginzberg was confirmed.

that's a lot more court experience than rhenquist had.

although i'm sure the rightwingnuts will try to paint her as ignorant as harriet miers.

Funny seeing you invoke Rhenquist, among the most right wing of justices, as support for Kagan.
He wasn't exactly a stellar appointment. Neither will she be.

Forum List

Back