U.S. AG Eric Holder gets ANOTHER ONE RIGHT!!!!

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
Well it seems the Obama Administration is having to relearn everything. AG Holder now proposes sweeping changes in the miranda rights that are afforded every person in the United States. It would appear that NOW the Obama Administration is open to NOT reading miranda rights to captured terrorists!!!!! Looks like Obama IS IN FACT OBUSHMA!!!!!

Personally though...I think this is a good thing.

You left wing loons voted in Stalin and he appointed Beria to run the Dept. of Justice!!!!
Eric Holder: Miranda Rights Should Be Modified For Terrorism Suspects

Not reading someone their rights doesn't mean they can't envoke them. Nor does it mean the government can't ask them questions. They simply can't use any statements made by them against them if they did.

Not reading someone their rights doesn't mean they can't envoke them. Nor does it mean the government can't ask them questions. They simply can't use any statements made by them against them if they did.

Tell that to some dumbass terrorist who grew up in a slum in Somalia. What this does is allows "alternative" interrogation methods to be used. I heard plenty of talk from the people in Obama's Administration about interrogations and torture etc. I never heard them say Clinton's Rendition Program was no longer used.

Well it seems the Obama Administration is having to relearn everything. AG Holder now proposes sweeping changes in the miranda rights that are afforded every person in the United States. It would appear that NOW the Obama Administration is open to NOT reading miranda rights to captured terrorists!!!!! Looks like Obama IS IN FACT OBUSHMA!!!!!

You left wing loons voted in Stalin and he appointed Beria to run the Dept. of Justice!!!!

yeah, i don't know what the heck that was about.

compromise a constitutional requirement?

don't think so.

don't think so.

I think they realize that the nice guy method has gotten them into a bunch of trouble. Terrorist organizations see the United States as soft and vulnerable again....they see Obama's appeasement of Muslims as a sign of weakness and there are elements who are taking advantage of this. They have gotten lucky so far. Another thing to consider....all I heard daily was how our invasion of Iraq created terrorists...now Obama is using Predator missile strikes in Pakistan to kill terrorists and he's NOT creating terrorists or the news chooses NOT to make this an issue any more? Is that a double standard....hint: YES!!!! By the logic of the left Obama created the NYC car bomber.

Last edited:

don't think so.

I think they realize that the nice guy method has gotten them into a bunch of trouble. Terrorist organizations see the United States as soft and vulnerable again....they see Obama's appeasement of Muslims as a sign of weakness and there are elements who are taking advantage of this. They have gotten lucky so far. Another thing to consider....all I heard daily was how our invasion of Iraq created terrorists...now Obama is using Predator missile strikes in Pakistan to kill terrorists and he's NOT creating terrorists or the news chooses NOT to make this an issue any more? Is that a double standard....hint: YES!!!! By the logic of the left Obama created the NYC car bomber.

what 'nice guy method'?

i don't think they've gotten any luckier than the bush admin did when richard reid got beat up by his fellow travelers. and no one said word one when reid was read his miranda warnings and tried in a civilian court.

i don't have a problem with the predator attacks. there are things that are justified and things that aren't. iraq wasn't... afghanistan was, imo.

but i don't hold bush and obama to separate standards on protecting the constitution. and i think you need to acknowledge that he isn't 'stalin'... in fact, he's a bit too centrist and continuing bush's policies in this regard isn't what he was elected to do.

and in both instances i have to ask, what we're worried about preserving if we make ourselves no better than the bad guys.

Given the all pervasive nature of US movies and such, Miranda rights no longer have to be read to perps, they know them already.

The problem with Miranda was how do we treat captured bad guys. The Bush admin wanted to create a classification where they were outside the Geneva convention, and not within US Civlil law. The were "Enemy combatants." this meant that we would hold them till the war (Which is seen as perpetual) is over. Since AlQuaida does not follow the Geneva convention we aren't bound to Geneva convention guidelines on them either.

If they are not civil prisoners with civil prisoner rights, nothing they say or do changes the length of their incarceration. They don't get longer sentences for silence, or shorter sentences for talking. they just rot until they are no longer dangerous.. So Miranda does not apply here. Miranda covers things like talking makes a difference with the charge, the trial (also not applicable) and sentence.

The problem has been, are these guys part of the civil system or not. Origianly, the 0bama people said, yes they were. Now they are coming around to the point of view that they are not.

don't think so.

what 'nice guy method'?

i don't think they've gotten any luckier than the bush admin did when richard reid got beat up by his fellow travelers. and no one said word one when reid was read his miranda warnings and tried in a civilian court.

i don't have a problem with the predator attacks. there are things that are justified and things that aren't. iraq wasn't... afghanistan was, imo.

but i don't hold bush and obama to separate standards on protecting the constitution. and i think you need to acknowledge that he isn't 'stalin'... in fact, he's a bit too centrist and continuing bush's policies in this regard isn't what he was elected to do.

and in both instances i have to ask, what we're worried about preserving if we make ourselves no better than the bad guys.

Nice guy method....captured terrorists now get 3 hots and a cot with no worries about aggressive interrogations.

You seem to forget that Reid came BEFORE the Patriot Act and Yoo's legal justification for using enhanced interrogation methods.

I don't have a problem with Predator strikes either...what I do have a problem with is the left demonizing Bush and then giving Obama a pass for DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.

Our way of life is what we're preserving....if it means we have to wallow in shit with people who want to take that away from us then so be it. As an aside why did you say you condone Predator missile strikes and then worry about what we are preserving? Predator missile strikes are in effect execution without a trial right? What about the innocents killed along with them?

Forum List

Back