Electronic Cigs

How much do you know about E-Vaping? (Don't vote if you don't smoke)

• I smoke: Nothing... No interest in it at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoke: Nothing... But I'll look into it as a cost benifit

• I smoke: I Tried it, but I didn't like it.

• I don't smoke but might be interested for a friend.

• Total voters

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Jul 15, 2012
Just a poll to see what people know about it, and gauge interest and I want to know public opinion. I'm thinking about starting a business along these lines...

But I want to say a couple things about it as well:

1) I just want to say first and foremost, E-cigs aren't healthy. They are not. They are Healthier than smoking... No doubt about that. A vapor vs ash particles... No real comparison. You can actually get it to have vitamins in it... But... But that seems like a silly way to take a vitamin. No kidding... You can vape vitamin C. (((Vape is the e-cig term for smoking)))

2) They are so much cheaper than a real cigarette it's not funny. If you smoke a pack a day you are likely spending over 5 dollars a day. Doing it electronic you'll be spending about a dollar a day.

If you smoke, why haven't you switched?

What do you sell this stuff? You make it sound so benign but you left out the part of the nicotine dosage. Would a two pack a day habit opt for sucking on water vapor or the maximum nicotine hit that the product offers? What about the danger for kids who might think it's a toy?

I want some electronic cigs that smell like pot, but have no drugs at all in them.
Just to drive people crazy.

I want some electronic cigs that smell like pot, but have no drugs at all in them.

Burn some leaves. Smoke sumac or poison ivy. The sky is the limit when you think you are driving people crazy but you are driving yourself nuts.

• Banned
What do you sell this stuff?
Not yet but I'm seriously thinking about it.

You make it sound so benign but you left out the part of the nicotine dosage.
Actually my first point was to make sure I didn't make it sound that way. It certainly is benign in comparison to smoking an actual cigarette. But no... It has nicotine and it's not good for you. It's just a lot better than actual smoking.

The nicotine dosage is whatever eliquid you buy. You can even buy it without nicotine if you wanted.

Would a two pack a day habit opt for sucking on water vapor or the maximum nicotine hit that the product offers?
Yes it would. You could buy a 24mg nicotine liquid for that max throat hit or "maximum nicotine hit" as you put it.

Edit: However that high of dose of nicotine would up the price a little. Instead of a dollar a day it would be more like $1.20 a day. But that is like a cigar hit every time. That's some serious nicotine. /Edit

What about the danger for kids who might think it's a toy?
It's electronic and ran from a battery. While nothing is stopping a child from attempting to smoke it, I'd assume that a parent not paying attention with their smokes isn't going to help anything even if you buy electric. That's a separate problem entirely.

From a safety stand point, as yes there is a heating element in it, the coil that heats the liquid is set up like a fuse, as well as an auto shut off on the product itself that contains the battery so you don't burn out the "fuse"

Essentially if you are stuck in the woods with just this product to start a fire essentially... You are still screwed. It's not going to do it.

However like any other electronic... getting it wet is not a good idea. It won't start a fire... But you just broke it to where it won't do anything anymore.

Last edited:
  • Banned
They have made some that taste like Pot. However given how it works, you will only smell it if you are directly in the vapor. It dissipates into the air too fast and unlike smoking it's not an ash in the air. The smell will not linger for more than a few seconds. If you can't see it, you won't smell it. And you can't see it for very long.

I'm sorry... That won't work.

Edit: As a point I vaped in my office when I was at work for a month... Nobody knew I was "smoking/vaping" while I was at work in an enclosed quality department. This is a temperature controlled environment with no air moving to speak of outside the opening and closing of a door to the production floor. High traffic, but enclosed.

Last edited:
  • Banned
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwpTVOMaA94]The Doctors (CBS) reviews electric (smokeless) cigarettes - YouTube[/ame]

You did not have an option for someone who smokes e-cigs.

I do. I had quit smoking a few years ago but started again after my husband died. My doctor told me to switch to e-cigs which he said were far better. I didn't want to pay tax on cigarettes which supports various medical plans for illegals anyway. I tried it and have not had a cigarette or wanted one since my first vape.

I switched to e-cigs about 2 mnths. ago. Glad I did, great product(I smoke blu).

The campus I work for recently went tobacco free so many of the businesses around here are now selling various brands, from what I hear, they're selling like hot cakes... We even had a vapor-hut open up right next to the book store. I'd say it would be a great product to sell. Especially around places like colleges, many of them are now or will be tobacco free.

Also, I smoke in the office now and nobody has complained yet! As a matter of fact I've gotten a few of my workers to also switch to e-cigs... One of them had been smoking cigarettes for 20+ years!

I switched to e-cigs about 2 mnths. ago. Glad I did, great product(I smoke blu).

The campus I work for recently went tobacco free so many of the businesses around here are now selling various brands, from what I hear, they're selling like hot cakes... We even had a vapor-hut open up right next to the book store. I'd say it would be a great product to sell. Especially around places like colleges, many of them are now or will be tobacco free.

Also, I smoke in the office now and nobody has complained yet! As a matter of fact I've gotten a few of my workers to also switch to e-cigs... One of them had been smoking cigarettes for 20+ years!

I went to Joye Ego. A wonderful hit, especially with the clearomizer tank. Someone right on this board turned me on to clearomizer. I wish there were a store instead of always ordering on-line.

You did not have an option for someone who smokes e-cigs.

I do. I had quit smoking a few years ago but started again after my husband died. My doctor told me to switch to e-cigs which he said were far better. I didn't want to pay tax on cigarettes which supports various medical plans for illegals anyway. I tried it and have not had a cigarette or wanted one since my first vape.
Good for you.

Could you tell me what model of ecig you are using?

Edit: Never mind... You said in the next post... :)

Last edited:

I went to Joye Ego. A wonderful hit, especially with the clearomizer tank. Someone right on this board turned me on to clearomizer. I wish there were a store instead of always ordering on-line.
That's not something I can help you with... Although I'll be honest I'm flabbergasted by the fact they aren't being sold in bars.

I'm finishing week 5. Didn't even pick it up at all today. Probably will after dinner.2-3 hits and that's it.
I doubt I'll purchase any refills next week. No need to.
OTOH I've seen idiots(murkins)that have standby batteries and chain vape the entire day.
They can wean you off of smoking but aren't a cure for stupidity.

I have toyed with the idea of a recurring monthly sale.... But I don't know how well that would work.

I know I'm going to attempt to undercut everyone else in the business. Problem with that is, as it's easy to do, is keeping stock.

As of right now I am using a 510 lavatube and using the tubetank with it. Which is like a clearomizer, but I'm not sure which is better to use. I'll have to buy one to see.

I'm finishing week 5. Didn't even pick it up at all today. Probably will after dinner.2-3 hits and that's it.
I doubt I'll purchase any refills next week. No need to.
OTOH I've seen idiots(murkins)that have standby batteries and chain vape the entire day.
They can wean you off of smoking but aren't a cure for stupidity.
I absolutely agree... I'm actually one of the "stupid" ones.

It's just something to do when I need to let my mind relax and think. If that makes any sense to you.

That's what I have. Still experimenting with it. I have not quit smoking yet, but after two weeks I'm down to half a pack a day from 1 1/2.

These stores are popping up all over the place around here. They mix the liquid while you wait if you want a custom blend.

Liquid choices range from several tobacco flavors, to espresso flavors to fruit and even Mountain Dew.

Great so far

Forum List

Back