Are you angry over societies acceptance of homosexuals?

Are you angry at Americas growing acceptance of the gay community?

• Yes I'm mad!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No I think it's nice

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
I've only been a member of this board for less than a month, however in that time I've noticed what I would describe as an anger at America for the ever growing acceptance of homosexuals.

Now I'm not referring to gay marriage, I think that's a whole different argument, however there is an ever increasing tolerance and acceptance by Americans as a whole that seems to be building up an angry backlash.

Opinions?

Last edited:
I've only been a member of this board for less than a month, however in that time I've noticed what I would describe as an anger at America for the ever growing acceptance of homosexuals.

Now I'm not referring to gay marriage, I think that's a whole different argument, however there is an ever increasing tolerance and acceptance by Americans as a whole that seems to be building up an angry backlash.

Opinions?
*shrugs* Let them be angry.

"Other"...I don't care.
What two consenting adults do in their home is of no consequence to me.
I am more concerned about our society accepting laziness and denial of personal responsibility than if a person is gay or not.

Religion and Ignorance is the cause of the anger and hate.

Close but no cigar.

Abuse of religion and Ignorant idiots are the cause of the anger and hate.
The three Abrahamic religions all condemn homosexual relationships.
That, as far as I'm concerned, is reason enough for those groups to reject gay marriage in their establishments.
As for those who are willing to join a gay couple in marriage, religious ceremony or not, up to them.
I have no objection to that as long as group who do want to allow it in their buildings, aren't forced to.

Angry? No. Horrified is more like it. No society in all of history that accepted homosexuality has passed that value onto a succeeding society. Some civilizations just crumble. Those that accept the normalcy of homosexuality are conquered. It's almost like the story of Lot is ultimately true with variations of just how the societal house burns down.

Angry? No. Horrified is more like it. No society in all of history that accepted homosexuality has passed that value onto a succeeding society. Some civilizations just crumble. Those that accept the normalcy of homosexuality are conquered. It's almost like the story of Lot is ultimately true with variations of just how the societal house burns down.
Eh... Pretty sure we aren't going to be turning into salt.

Eh... Pretty sure we aren't going to be turning into salt.

+1

Considering we are one of the most conservative western nations... Well no one else has crumbled yet.

Who cares what people do in private. It is none of our business.
It really doesn't bother me one way or the other.
The question is how does it effect you? and why should you be bother by it?

Opinions?

Forcing gay curriculum on our school kids while we wonder what the hell happened to our global standing in mathematics and science, seeking to outrage the public with simulated sex acts and public nudity as are so common in the "pride" celebrations and the fact that gays tend to cry bigotry nearly as often as blacks when someone doesn't believe the way they do.
These are the things that commonly lead to "anger"(your word) toward gays.

That being said I don't believe there is a ton of hostility due to acceptance of gays. If that were the case, the "anger" would be directed at straights who embrace gays.
It's not like there is bigotry toward straights with a positive view of gays.

I have the same problem with homosexuals that I have with Vegans. I don't care that you are one. I care that you constantly tell me about it.

I have the same problem with homosexuals that I have with Vegans. I don't care that you are one. I care that you constantly tell me about it.

Nailed it Politico.
Why should we who are not gay be incessantly expected to recognize those who are?

Anyone attempting to stage a "straight pride" celebration would be immediately labeled a hateful bigot before the event even took place.

Nailed it Politico.
Why should we who are not gay be incessantly expected to recognize those who are?

Anyone attempting to stage a "straight pride" celebration would be immediately labeled a hateful bigot before the event even took place.
*shrugs* I wouldn't care if you had a "straight pride" celebration.

*ponders*

Well... I might care if there were some nice looking single women there.

Not really. But that doesn't stop me from thinking that what they do when they're alone is disgusting and unnatural.

My problem is that people who have any sort of adverse opinion like this__ are demonized. I think most homosexuals are okay (often even great people). But when it gets to thought policing and delves into unjust compulsory politics then I have a problem like with anything else.

There is no poison more sure to destroy a civilization than to embrace sexual perversion.

It destroys demographic growth rates, displaces genuine love and is an affront to God Almighty.

While I dont think homosexuals should be banned or harrassed, I refuse to ever accept them as normal people and I encourage others to not accept it also.

As to the OP contention that society accepts homosexuals, well it wont for long, IF it can be truthfully said to accept it even now.

If homosexuality has truly become accepted, then why does it lose EVERY referendum gay marriage is put on?

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on how you define acceptance.

Gays gain new rights all the time, not just in America but in the western world. Shows that have gay story lines are abundant, coming out is no longer a career ender, main stream business run ads targeting gay parents....

I can't NOT love my gay friends and relatives. Because I do. Even my brother's daughter. Acceptance by individuals is one thing, legal public recognition is another. Sanctity of relationships does not go hand-in-hand with civilitly. Because civility encompasses a blanket public edict by decree. And no one is going to tell me to accept a group of gays regaled in bondage, prancing around a parade float while my family watches.

That's about as succinct as I can present this.

Forum List

Back