Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Screen shot from a training video used by the Christian militia group Hutaree in March 2010. The group was allegedly preparing for a battle with the Antichrist, whom they believed would be supported by local, state and federal officials. Nine were arrested and charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs.

I do not claim to be a devout Christian, but know a little about the Bible, and do not recall anywhere that Christianity supports killing poilice officers or blowing up a funeral procession? Are these the sort of voters that Santorum is targeting??

U.S. News - Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

Hamas.... Al Quaida...Hezbolla...

Those names ring a bell?

These right wing Militias are potentially the Christian versions of those hated groups. Welcome to fanatical religious extremism in the USA.

Those names ring a bell?

These right wing Militias are potentially the Christian versions of those hated groups. Welcome to fanatical religious extremism in the USA.

Awesome! Glad they vote for the Republicans....

Extremism begets extremism. What you see is that there are people who expect the government to war against them. What groups like this say, more than anything else, is that our government will eventually do to its people what Assad is doing to the Syrian people.

They are unbelievably foolish people. They can sit around with their little popguns dreaming unreasonable dreams when they should be paying more attention to how Syria does treat its people. Individual arms cannot succeed against bombs and mortar shells.

Those names ring a bell?

Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood are SUPPORTED by the governments that harbor them. To find comparable groups in the US, isn't the Hutaree, it's the Black Panthers, the Zetas, The Occupy Wall Street movement and the DNC.

Extremism begets extremism. What you see is that there are people who expect the government to war against them. What groups like this say, more than anything else, is that our government will eventually do to its people what Assad is doing to the Syrian people.

They are unbelievably foolish people. They can sit around with their little popguns dreaming unreasonable dreams when they should be paying more attention to how Syria does treat its people. Individual arms cannot succeed against bombs and mortar shells.

I hear you, but am still trying to figure out which version of the Bible these asshats are preaching from???:confused:

Why? Are you correlating safety with your political party? What if you disagree with a particular issue? Then you become a RINO... and are no longer safe from their wrath.

Do you see where I'm going with this? The mistake right wingers make is that Tyranny only comes from the left.

Screen shot from a training video used by the Christian militia group Hutaree in March 2010. The group was allegedly preparing for a battle with the Antichrist, whom they believed would be supported by local, state and federal officials. Nine were arrested and charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs.

I do not claim to be a devout Christian, but know a little about the Bible, and do not recall anywhere that Christianity supports killing poilice officers or blowing up a funeral procession? Are these the sort of voters that Santorum is targeting??

U.S. News - Election, economy spark explosive growth of militias

I see people like this as some kind of cult.

some charismatic leader, take parts of another religion and uses it to scare the shit outta people, but then has the answer to all their problems they never knew they had b/c "they" are in control.

are they dangerous? Yes
Seriously dangerous? no, a bunch of nuts with guns that end up in jail, are not to be taken overly seriously.

Puhleeze, 9 people in a crazy family makes a militia??

Find something serious to worry about instead of trying to associate 150 MILLION people to 9 fucking KOOKS.

I hear you, but am still trying to figure out which version of the Bible these asshats are preaching from???:confused:

No version.

Lunatic leaders get their words from god. he's just using familiar words.

There's people like this all over, maybe not as crazy but still preparing for the government to somehow turn into a horribly oppressive fascist state overnight, I can almost understand that, what I cannot understand is how they suddenly turn into ultra patriotic pro government nationalists the second a republican is elected.

There's people like this all over, maybe not as crazy but still preparing for the government to somehow turn into a horribly oppressive fascist state overnight, I can almost understand that, what I cannot understand is how they suddenly turn into ultra patriotic pro government nationalists the second a republican is elected.

Well.....but....that's DIFFERENT.

Those names ring a bell?

Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood are SUPPORTED by the governments that harbor them. To find comparable groups in the US, isn't the Hutaree, it's the Black Panthers, the Zetas, The Occupy Wall Street movement and the DNC.

Bullshit. The Black Panthers haven't been a factor since the 70's.... and they certainly weren't SUPPORTED back then. Occupy Wall Street is nothing more than a bunch of people who want change to give some power back to the everyday people in this country and stop the corporatism and pandering to the wealthy elite that holds all the cards and have made a MESS of this country.

The Zetas? A drug Cartel? Seriously? Ohhhh... you're talking about Fast and Furious. Well... in that respect... I agree with you. I think F&F was a fucked up operation that should have never happened. But to sit there and claim that Obama/Dems are SUPPORTING them and it's exclusive to them is just as fucked up. This kind of shit has been going on since Ronald Reagan started the dumbest, most expensive war since the "War on Terrorism"..... the "War on Drugs".

BTW... Let the Santorums of the country get power and see how much those UNSUPPORTED groups get mainstreamed... or at least have a blind eye turned towards them.

They don't. Look at how many groups started while George Bush was President. Quit drinking the MSNBC KoolAid.

Those names ring a bell?

Bullshit. The Black Panthers haven't been a factor since the 70's.... and they certainly weren't SUPPORTED back then. Occupy Wall Street is nothing more than a bunch of people who want change to give some power back to the everyday people in this country and stop the corporatism and pandering to the wealthy elite that holds all the cards and have made a MESS of this country.

The Zetas? A drug Cartel? Seriously? Ohhhh... you're talking about Fast and Furious. Well... in that respect... I agree with you. I think F&F was a fucked up operation that should have never happened. But to sit there and claim that Obama/Dems are SUPPORTING them and it's exclusive to them is just as fucked up. This kind of shit has been going on since Ronald Reagan started the dumbest, most expensive war since the "War on Terrorism"..... the "War on Drugs".

BTW... Let the Santorums of the country get power and see how much those UNSUPPORTED groups get mainstreamed... or at least have a blind eye turned towards them.

Like ACORN got and SEIU gets.

but like VaYank said; Well.....but....that's DIFFERENT.

I think it's a very bad misinterpretation of Revelation
Where it says Jesus and his army come to fight in valley of Megiddo.
They are cults and it is the leader who they follow and what he says, rather than reading the Bible for themselves.

I think it's a very bad misinterpretation of Revelation
Where it says Jesus and his army come to fight in valley of Megiddo.
They are cults and it is the leader who they follow and what he says, rather than reading the Bible for themselves.

Hmmmm....your last sentence is sort of reminiscent of recent posts about Rush Limbaugh and his "followers".....

They don't. Look at how many groups started while George Bush was President. Quit drinking the MSNBC KoolAid.

All I have to do is listen to the people on these internet boards to know how fast the fringe right turns from anti government to pro government and back depending who happens to be president, as if that makes any difference.

Forum List

Back