Egyptians weren't black , more of a reddish color.

Were the Egyptions of this color?

• White

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Brown

• Reddish brown

• Red

• Dark Brown

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Black

• Other, because in polls today, some people are totally confused.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I figure they were black in the beginning. History has shown us they were very diverse people.
My best guess is, it depends on what generation of egyptians you are referring to.

Black people are desperate to lay claim to ancient egypt because actual history doesnt feature many of their kind and it makes them feel insecure. The fact that Egypt is technically located on the continent of Africa doesn't mean the ancients were black.

I figure they were black in the beginning. History has shown us they were very diverse people.
My best guess is, it depends on what generation of egyptians you are referring to.

or the further up the Nile you went the blacker they got.

Black people are desperate to lay claim to ancient egypt because actual history doesnt feature many of their kind and it makes them feel insecure. The fact that Egypt is technically located on the continent of Africa doesn't mean the ancients were black.
But if the blacks did claim Egypt for their heritage, then white people can then go after them for the 1st reparations for slavery. Do they really want to go there?

I always figured it was the further inland you got, the blacker they got.

isn't that "up" the nile?

Remember you describe rivers by how they flow, not the direction on the map. Upstream is "up" even though its down on our maps and globes.

Remember you describe rivers by how they flow, not the direction on the map. Upstream is "up" even though its down on our maps and globes.
It flows north to the mediterranean, i believe.

yes, and "up" would be heading south or inland, and now we are discussing river flow in a probably to become very racist thread.

yes, and "up" would be heading south or inland, and now we are discussing river flow in a probably to become very racist thread.
But the nile flows north, not south

Yes, and as such upriver is then south, you know, where the blacker people supposedly are.

Yes, and as such upriver is then south, you know, where the blacker people supposedly are.
I gotcha now!

Hieroglyphic illustrations of various figures seem to be quite diverse. Could be due to slavery or suntans.

Hieroglyphic illustrations of various figures seem to be quite diverse. Could be due to slavery or suntans.
They had a vast empire with many different communities being run by many different races.
They were extremely diverse.

i think that the Egyptians that built the civilization in the cities and built the monuments were not black . Black people from various tribes were maybe called Egyptians after Egypt conquered those black tribes and allowed them into the fold . Black Egyptians may have worked to help build the cities and monuments . I think that Egyptians were probably light brown in color .

What the F is wrong with you people that so many lame-brains here seem so F-ing obsessed with this shit?

https://observationdeck.kinja.com/no-egyptians-arent-white-but-they-arent-black-eithe-1665322870
If the Egyptians were Black why wouldn't the pigment the artists used to make their images, darker not reddish? So here is an Artists rendition of the mother of King Tut, and the outrage is epic.

Ancient Egypt’s Queen Nefertiti bust sparks outrage

Dear andaronjim
e
is that Egyptians from ABOVE a certain geographic point were classified as WHITE,
but from BELOW that geographic line were classified as BLACK.

In general I believe the discrimination developed between
* men (as leaders and hunters of meat valued more in society)
and women (as gatherers and domestic/field workers valued less)
* management/upperclass and field workers/lower class
And then THIS got associated with skin color as a class distinction.
The lighter skinned (in all cultures) were associated with the
wealthier upper class, aristocrats and owners in charge;
the darker skinned (in all cultures) were associated with the
field workers and manual workers laboring in the fields and sun
while the higher class management "master" and "house slaves"
got to work and live indoors and access limited amenities and privileges.

This division has been explained both
* spiritually as a pattern of either matriarchal or patriarchal
societies and culture, and flipping from one to the other historically
* economically because of the value placed on meat and hunters (traditionally men)
over agricultural gathering and harvesting (women, children and manual/field workers)

Whatever causes the class division and oppression of a dominant group over another,
the race and religion of groups is used to divide people to keep them subjugated to
a privileged ruling class. It isn't limited to just "white" but "lighter skinned ELITE"
regardless of culture, racial, ethnic or national identity. the "lighter skin" has
traditionally been associated with higher privilege in society because the
management class stayed indoors and let the poor workers work outside in the fields.

Forum List

Back