Egypt: New Find Shows Slaves Didn't Build Pyramids

Egypt: New Find Shows Slaves Didn' t Build Pyramids

Egypt%20Pyramids1.jpg

One popular myth that Egyptologists say was perpetrated in part by Hollywood movies held that ancient Israelite slaves — ancestors of the Jewish people — built the pyramids. Amihai Mazar, professor at the Institute of Archaeology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, says that myth stemmed from an erroneous claim by former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, on a visit to Egypt in 1977, that Jews built the pyramids.

"No Jews built the pyramids because Jews didn't exist at the period when the pyramids were built," Mazar said.

A Muslim making claims against Jews! :eek: That never happens, I am shocked. Maybe the it was the place Moe tied his horse up to.

i saw a history channel program that speculated the Jews there were not slaves due to the villages and home sites of them that they have excavated... more like servants....but not what we of today would picture as a slave.

But do you believe for a moment that they were free to pack up and leave?

Ollie...i personally do not believe they were free to go or could go, but i honestly do not know for certain...perhaps further archaeology and paleontology will explain this further, some day...

My niece is a paleontologist, She currently runs a museum around the badlands somewhere. she probably knows more than we do about it. I'll try to email her.

there were no jews 4,000 years ago?

really? hmmmm... funny. the jewish calendar says its the year 5770.

*shrug*

...Counting from the supposed year of creation, not the year of Judaism's founding. Even if we were to consider Abraham (AS) a Jew, he lived some 3,000 years ago according to dates derived from the Masoretic Torah. Moses (AS) came over a millennium afterward; even then the Hebrews were prone to worshiping idols according to Exodus and Surah Ta-Ha.

Apparently, presenting facts rubs some posters the wrong way.

GHook (via rep comment) said:
Retard sand N#gger!

:lol:

i saw a history channel program that speculated the Jews there were not slaves due to the villages and home sites of them that they have excavated... more like servants....but not what we of today would picture as a slave.

african american slaves also worked as servants, especially in the north. I think it might possible they had different kinds of slaves.

If they worked in the north as "servants", then they obviously weren't "slaves". Slaves are property, "servants" are working people with jobs.

the Bible has 2 different words that we of today, translate them both as SLAVES....

1- one is a slave as we know a slave, kept without their will and for no reason of the slave

2-the other was a person who owed another, and the way to pay them back was to be an indentured slave, as an indentured servant.

what these finds have shown is that the jews were not Slaves as in number 1, but it does not confirm in any manner that they were not indentured slaves as in number 2.

the digs of the bodies have shown that these people BROKE THEIR BACKS and many other bones doing the work they did, they lived a very, very, very hard life....they had no extras in their homes, they had no jewelry in their possessions, UNLIKE the Egyptians at this time.

call it what you will...slavery or serfdom...they were not ''free'' as we know ''free'' imo.

care

I'm with Edgar Cayce on this: Giza was built when the Nile flowed into the Mediterranean

*shrug*

I think most of the Pyramids were built over 7,000 years ago, Jillian.

Of course, this goes against that pesky Judeo-Christian Evangelical Calender that says the Earth was created round about the time of the establishment of the first Israeli state.

you know, no offense, but if you're going to insult religions, you should understand them. there may be some jews who are "new earthers". i've never met any.

and the article said 4,000 years...not 7,000.

I'm with Edgar Cayce on this: Giza was built when the Nile flowed into the Mediterranean

saw a history channel program with full bodied bones of whales in the middle of the sahara...they figured out that about every 2600 years, based on the earth's wobble, the Sahara went from dessert to lush lake region and during this period the nile flowed a different way....we are making all kinds of discoveries in today's day and age!

fresh water lakes reside directly under the dessert!!!

*shrug*

...Counting from the supposed year of creation, not the year of Judaism's founding. Even if we were to consider Abraham (AS) a Jew, he lived some 3,000 years ago according to dates derived from the Masoretic Torah. Moses (AS) came over a millennium afterward; even then the Hebrews were prone to worshiping idols according to Exodus and Surah Ta-Ha.

Retard sand N#gger!

28:38. Fir'aun (Pharaoh) said: "O chiefs! I know not that you have an ilâh (a god) other than me, so kindle for me (a fire), O Hâmân, to bake (bricks out of) clay, and set up for me a Sarhan (a lofty tower, or palace, etc.) in order that I may look at (or look for) the Ilâh (God) of Mûsa (Moses); and verily, I think that he [Mûsa (Moses)] is one of the liars."

Retard sand N#gger!

28:38. Fir'aun (Pharaoh) said: "O chiefs! I know not that you have an ilâh (a god) other than me, so kindle for me (a fire), O Hâmân, to bake (bricks out of) clay, and set up for me a Sarhan (a lofty tower, or palace, etc.) in order that I may look at (or look for) the Ilâh (God) of Mûsa (Moses); and verily, I think that he [Mûsa (Moses)] is one of the liars."

Well unfortunately my niece the paleontologist is no help. Her answer follows.

Well unfortunately I have not done any kind of study in this area. My expertise is with stuff that is ~35 million years old. I don't really know much about this subject except what I learned in passing in my history classes about 10 years ago. This subject is more Archaeology related where as I am more Paleontology related. I really only study animals, not humans, although everything is fascinating. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Heidi

Retard sand N#gger!

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back