Egypt appoints new ambassador to Israel

I do not know how the heroes are being rewarded------but-----they are certainly not being prosecuted

Now this I do agree with.

The thing with rewards I think we can dismiss as fantasy, but I definitely agree that many developing world countries are very poor in pursueing racially motivated crimes through the courts.

This is clearly the case in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, as it is in Christian countries like Kenya (as you mention) or in India or Sri Lanka.

I just don't understand why you single out Islamic countries for criticism.

Roudy -

Do you support Morsi visiting Israel and clamping down on Islamic extremism?
There is no such thing as Islamic extremism. :cool:

That's an interesting point you've just made.

So all those Islamic extremists are just Muslims, then.

Which makes the entire claim that "Bin Laden was not a true Muslim" pure crap.

He stood for what Muslims stand for.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Roudy -

That statement is true. Some peole make the mistake of believing that Osama bin Laden was an "extremist" or even a criminal among muslims. He was not---he was a pious sunni muslim doing what pious sunni muslims are supposed to do. The fact that muslims who slit the throats of infants are rewarded in their mosques and societies is does not suggest that they or their societies are extremist-----it indicates their piety

:up:

So all those Islamic extremists are just Muslims, then.

The term "Islamic extremism" is a western/zionist invention used to vilify muslims. :cool:

In the minds of the depraved----the word "WEST" is evil and the word "ZIONIST" is evil.
Intersetingly enough----islam is actually a "WESTERN" religion in that it developed FROM jewish and christian ideologies It did devolve into barbarity-----generally because of the genocide of the civilized elements in arabia from which it developed------but it does include western forms of thinking One of the earliest students of western thought ----trained by christians and jews in Baghdad is the historic philospher AL FARABI some muslims think he was an original thinker-----actually he was a student of greek thought THRU christiand and jews in Baghdad

definitions are important when communicating The model of history to which I refer-----is THE HISTORY OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION as defined by "western historians" It includes developements in Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece Rome and onward and outward and somehow the BRITS got involved
"eastern" in this lexicon -----is India and china and japan and indonesia etc etc

getting back to the issue of "radical islam" It was not created by zionists In fact its use was encouraged by muslims living in what muslims call "THE WEST" and political leaders in the USA who desperately worked to avoid a BACKLASH against muslims post 9-11-01 ----so that the actions of the great MUJAHAD Osama bin Laden----would not be considered aspects of standard islam Another group that acted in ways repugnant to people of the USA are THE TALIBAN which is why many pakistanis in the USA do not like to admit that the TALIBAN ARE THE DARLINGS OF THE PAKISTANI PEOPLE----they are "RADICAL MUSLIMS" whenever footage of beheadings show up on the net In fact in pakistan they are considered idealists struggling to create a utopian shariah society

[

He stood for what Muslims stand for.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Why would you imagine all Muslims stand for the same thing?

It's like asking if Hassidic Jews stand for what all Jews stand for.

Within ANY religion their will be massive variations in practices.

It includes developements in Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece Rome and onward and outward and somehow the BRITS got involved
"eastern" in this lexicon -----is India and china and japan and indonesia etc etc

Right, so the Brits "somehow got involved" in Egypt, which is apparently western, and they named the area the Middle East.

I somehow think most history books have a slightly different take on matters....I look forward to Rosie's history of the terms 'Near East', 'Far East', 'East Indies' and 'West Indies'.

It all seems to be good news out of Egypt these days - let's hope this guy can encourage both sides to the negotiating table, and maybe as a catalyst for a peace process.

I think the initial fear that the "Islamists" were going to tear up the peace agreement and attack Israel are subsiding. I never thought that was going to happen anyway.

The major difference is that the Mubarak regime was at the service of Israel and that is no longer the case.

No it wasn't.
It was a relatively peaceful neighbor and the thrust of this thread seems to be that the new Muslim Bro gov't intends to be at least as peaceful (and cooperative) as was Mubarak's.

It all seems to be good news out of Egypt these days - let's hope this guy can encourage both sides to the negotiating table, and maybe as a catalyst for a peace process.

The Mubarak regime was also close to Abbas while being mostly dismissive of the government in Gaza. That roll is reversing. There have been regular diplomatic interaction between Egypt an Gaza.
Have you seen anything going on in the West Bank.

I know you try really hard, Tinhorn, and I noticed you found this story at a credible media outlet for a change (nice work) but there is nothing except the Muslim Bro connection to bind Egypt to Gaza and that won't be enough to compensate for the violent missteps of Hamas and their sycophants in Gaza.

Gaza's Hamas Hopes to Revive Egyptian Ties with Muslim Brotherhood
Saturday September 1, 2012, 11:54 PM
KARIN BRULLIARD - Associated Press

"...But Gaza's Rafah dreams have not materialized as quickly as Hamas hoped, making the crossing also an emblem of the uncertainty in this shifting region. Egypt has bigger priorities, as it underscored after an assault on Egyptian soldiers in early August, which Egypt blamed in part on Palestinian militants who had entered the increasingly restive Sinai Peninsula by tunnel.

Egypt promptly shut the crossing and some tunnels, sending prices of smuggled goods soaring in Gaza, and prompting grumbling here that the new Egypt was employing the old-Egypt tactic of unfairly punishing all Gazans."

I think the initial fear that the "Islamists" were going to tear up the peace agreement and attack Israel are subsiding. I never thought that was going to happen anyway.

The major difference is that the Mubarak regime was at the service of Israel and that is no longer the case.

No it wasn't.
It was a relatively peaceful neighbor and the thrust of this thread seems to be that the new Muslim Bro gov't intends to be at least as peaceful (and cooperative) as was Mubarak's.

we do not know yet-----my impression is that MORSI is going to play a balancing game-----he does not want what Sadat got and he wants to keep the USA at least a bit happy In that sense he is not much different from MUBARAK and will be hated but perhaps he might avoid a bullet in his head from the glorious MB I have no doubt that egypt will cooperate with the MB and that Morsi will--------quietly fascilate the filth of islamic terrorism -------but smile ingratiatingly and say "peace" thruout it all. The egytians that I have known------in the past ----ie like 20 years ago----did not hate mubarak unless they were copts My measure of Morsi will be what COPTS think of him. Mubarak was no friend of the copts and he was also no friend of Israel. For muslims he eventually simply became not ENEMY enough of either the jews or the copts

Lipush -

The clampdown began around 2 weeks back, focusing on Sinai.

I will ilnk the bbc coverage in when I get home. I think it is good news myself, so have been surprised that people who oppose Islamic extremism have been reluctant to praise the action.

Well, that's not what *I've* heard:eusa_snooty:

The terror attack in Sinai by Palestinians changed things, perhaps.

But also many people in the Muslim brotherhood were in VERY much hurry to blaim Israel and the Mossad (shark?).

Morsi said he will not visit Israel. He denied answering Peres' letter. our people said, truthfully, that Morsi is afraid to act on any action who might cause the Muslim brotherhood to raise an eyebrow.

To be fair to Morsi, every politician must measure his or her actions by the expected reaction of their constituencies. You must admit Bibi does the same as does Obama here. The question is has Egypt's Muslim Bro-hood mellowed enough to allow for rational thought and actions regarding Israel.
Who would have thought it would have been Begin negotiating the peace accord with Egypt?
Do you honestly believe Barak could have sold the 2001 Taba peace with the "Palestinians" to the Israeli public? I have my doubts.

No it wasn't.

we do not know yet-----my impression is that MORSI is going to play a balancing game-----he does not want what Sadat got and he wants to keep the USA at least a bit happy In that sense he is not much different from MUBARAK and will be hated but perhaps he might avoid a bullet in his head from the glorious MB I have no doubt that egypt will cooperate with the MB and that Morsi will--------quietly fascilate the filth of islamic terrorism -------but smile ingratiatingly and say "peace" thruout it all. The egytians that I have known------in the past ----ie like 20 years ago----did not hate mubarak unless they were copts My measure of Morsi will be what COPTS think of him. Mubarak was no friend of the copts and he was also no friend of Israel. For muslims he eventually simply became not ENEMY enough of either the jews or the copts

I will simply repost my response to Lipush, adding a bit about the Copts:
To be fair to Morsi, every politician must measure his or her actions by the expected reaction of their constituencies. You must admit Bibi does the same as does Obama here. The question is has Egypt's Muslim Bro-hood mellowed enough to allow for rational thought and actions regarding Israel.
Who would have thought it would have been Begin negotiating the peace accord with Egypt?
Do you honestly believe Barak could have sold the 2001 Taba peace with the "Palestinians" to the Israeli public? I have my doubts.
As for the Copts, they are no friend to Israel and while it may just be a case of ingratiating their community with their Muslim neighbors, their anti-Semitic pulpit rhetoric is every bit - if not more - vicious than that of the most vicious mosque.

Roudy -

Of course I support Morsi visiting Israel. But he will not "clamp down on Islamic extremism". He's a product of the Muslim Brotherhood, the same school that Bin Laden got his ideology. The Muslim Brotherhood at this point perceives a nuclear Shiite Iran that is helping the massacre of fellow Sunnis all over the Middle East, supporting Syria's slaughter of 25,000 of its citizens so far, control over Lebanon, and potting to overthrow Saudi Sunni control of Islam's holiest site, as a greater threat.

Roudy -

Of course I support Morsi visiting Israel. But he will not "clamp down on Islamic extremism". He's a product of the Muslim Brotherhood, the same school that Bin Laden got his ideology. The Muslim Brotherhood at this point perceives a nuclear Shiite Iran that is helping the massacre of fellow Sunnis all over the Middle East, supporting Syria's slaughter of 25,000 of its citizens so far, control over Lebanon, and potting to overthrow Saudi Sunni control of Islam's holiest site, as a greater threat.

Roudy PUHLEEEEEZE you were not supposed to tell them you know about
the saudi arabia thing---------they thought it was a BIG SHIIITE SECRET

The SUNNIS are not admitting it either. Now keep in mind-----it is all the fault of
Israel and the BIG ZIONIST PLOT now repeat after me '"--shiites would never consider atacking or trying to control the land of the two mosques because muslims
NEVER fight other muslims" got that? if anything happens in saudi arabia ---repeat
after me "THE ZIONISTS DID IT" repeat "THE ZIONISTS DID IT TO GET AMERICA TO FIGHT THE MUSLIMS" got that?

Roudy -

Actually you just proved a point, that there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. An Islamic extremist or terrorist is simply a devout Muslim following in the footsteps of Mohammad. The reason the rest of the Muslim world sits on its hands when Muslims carry out these barbaric hedious terrorist acts is because they are on the same page, ideologically.

Egypt’s Morsi Upsets Iran

Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi — whose brief trip here was criticized in advance by Israel and the United States — delivered a nuanced speech that targeted some US and Israeli policies but also adamantly backed the Syrian opposition’s struggle to overturn “the oppressive system there.” Morsi’s tough words in support of Syrian rebels unnerved his Iranian hosts — staunch supporters of the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Iranian newscasters omitted key bits in televised coverage.
However, reporters listening to a simultaneous translation of the speech to the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit heard the Egyptian president — who hails from the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood — refer a half dozen times to the struggle of the largely-Sunni Syrian opposition “for freedom and human dignity.” “Our solidarity with the struggle of the Syrian people against an oppressive regime that has lost its legitimacy is an ethical duty as it is a political and strategic necessity,” Morsi told representatives of more than 100 nations. “We all have to announce our full solidarity with the struggle of those seeking freedom and justice in Syria, and translate this sympathy into a clear political vision that supports a peaceful transition to a democratic system of rule that reflects the demands of the Syrian people for freedom.” “Our hearts are bleeding for the Syrian crisis,” Morsi added. “The bloodshed in Syria is hanging over all of us. It is our responsibility…We have to be totally aware that this bloodshed will not stop if we do not actively intervene.” He urged Iran to resolve its nuclear dispute with the international community and gently chided Tehran over its abuses of Iranians’ human rights.

Long-time Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moualem walked out of the hall in protest. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who sat next to Morsi on the podium, was stone-faced during much of the speech.

Morsi’s comments upset Iranian efforts to portray the summit as a largely anti-American affair and contrasted sharply with those of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Khamenei, who left before Morsi spoke, did not mention Syria.

Khamenei inveighed against the “Zionists” and repeated demands for a highly-unlikely referendum in which all inhabitants of Israel and the Palestinian territories — plus the large Palestinian diaspora — would participate to determine the area’s political future. Morsi, in contrast, called for a “just solution” to the Palestinian issue while criticizing Israel for oppressing Palestinians and mistreating Palestinian prisoners who, Morsi said, are “living in very difficult conditions [deprived of] all human and legal rights.”

Prior to the summit, Iranian officials bragged about Morsi’s visit here as defying the United States and Israel and a harbinger of the end to 30 years of Iranian-Egyptian hostility. Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi*told*Al-Monitor*on Tuesday*that Morsi’s visit would be a “landmark”*even though the Egyptian leader was staying for only a few hours.
Morsi’s remarks suggested that Iranian hopes to restore diplomatic relations — severed after the late Egyptian President Anwar Sadat signed a peace accord with Israel — would not be realized any time soon.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2012/al-monitor/egypts-morsi-upsets-iran.html

Last edited:
LOL the first big hatred I encountered amongst muslims in the USA was between an IRANIAN AND AN EGYPTIAN----it was while nasser was still alive and the shah was the shah. It was not a PERSONAL THING------the Iranian hated the arab simply because he was an arab and the Iranian was an Iranian They are trying to blame their mutual hated on ISRAEL?

Roudy -

Actually you just proved a point, that there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. An Islamic extremist or terrorist is simply a devout Muslim following in the footsteps of Mohammad. The reason the rest of the Muslim world sits on its hands when Muslims carry out these barbaric hedious terrorist acts is because they are on the same page, ideologically.
No, nitwit, I didn't prove your point.

You and your like minded western/zionist retards keep wanting to fit the muslim ummah into all of these prepackaged categories.

There are no extremist muslims, or moderate muslims, or what ever label you come up with.

There are only muslims. :cool:

No, nitwit, I didn't prove your point.

You and your like minded western/zionist retards keep wanting to fit the muslim ummah into all of these prepackaged categories.

There are no extremist muslims, or moderate muslims, or what ever label you come up with.

There are only muslims. :cool:

I agree with you sunni Some muslims in the USA have argued that a person who drinks a bit of alcohol is NOT A MUSLIM or a person who does not pray four times per day is NOT A MUSLIM or a person who sneaks into a house to slit a baby's throat is NOT A MUSLIM To me a muslim is what muslim courts call a muslim----any child of a muslim father or any person who has converted to islam "WE" did not come up with the "new labels" Lots of muslims are claiming that terrorists who scream "ALLAHUAKBAR" and then slit a throat are "radicals" ie something DIFFERENT

New Topics

Forum List

Back