Effort for Good & Bad

Yes, And put up with the hassles from her ex, the quasi legal parental status, not being able to aurhorize medical treatment, Listen to "I put up with that from my first husband, not any more", etc. As I said finishing last.

You sound so bitter.

Just knowledgeable firsthand. I was there.
She is on her fourth now, so I guess it was not too much my fault :)

I have also observed it in others around me.

I just find it interesting because as a recently divorced woman, I have confided in some of my male friends that perhaps I am less appealing to other men as the mother of a grown daughter and soon to be teenage son. They all assure me that it wouldn't be an issue with most men....but maybe they just don't want me to worry about it.:dunno:

You sound so bitter.

I just find it interesting because as a recently divorced woman, I have confided in some of my male friends that perhaps I am less appealing to other men as the mother of a grown daughter and soon to be teenage son. They all assure me that it wouldn't be an issue with most men....but maybe they just don't want me to worry about it.:dunno:

Depends on the woman and the overall situation.

You are likely mature enough to reason things out better than the early 20 something divorcees. And I take no claim to brilliance for marrying who I did either ;)

Last edited:
You sound so bitter.

When I was divorced and eventually started looking around again, I dated women with children. The fact they had children didn't bother me, the fact they were lousy parents did..
Raising children as a single parent and doing it right is a plus in my book. You have to think of it as a plus, one because it is, two because your children hold priority and three you should never degrade your value as a person and a mother...

eh.. there's a lot more to this, though..

Forum List

Back