"Eff you, old man. Now clean it up."

Joe has a big hatred of teachers and schooling in general, because the nuns in his catholic school were mean to him. Of course they were mean to everyone, but It’s all about Joe.

I took Joe off ignore to see what he has to say about a thread I just started in Current Events. Let's see if he's still into calling me a slur related to what's in my pants.

Does anyone have a shred, even a scintilla of respect for Joe except Joe? Even on his own team?

Joe has a big hatred of teachers and schooling in general, because the nuns in his catholic school were mean to him. Of course they were mean to everyone, but It’s all about Joe.
He probably got in trouble a lot on account of the fact that he is an evil, rotten little piece of shit now and he probably was back then, too.

Seems they were too lenient and merciful, shame he somehow avoided prison.

To deny it, you are either unimaginably blind, or else flat-out lying. He probably got in trouble a lot on account of the fact that he is an evil, rotten little piece of shit now and he probably was back then, too.

I was thinking something similar. Surely he is both greatly exaggerating how “abusive” the nuns were in their treatment of him, while leaving out what bad behavior on his own part had him constantly being in trouble.

I was thinking something similar. Surely he is both greatly exaggerating how “abusive” the nuns were in their treatment of him, while leaving out what bad behavior on his own part had him constantly being in trouble.

My late hubby grew up Catholic and never had trouble with abusive nuns. In fact, many of them inspired him as he went on to get his degrees in education and become a teacher.

My late hubby grew up Catholic and never had trouble with abusive nuns. In fact, many of them inspired him as he went on to get his degrees in education and become a teacher.

That’s good though I suspect many kids were traumatized by the nuns.

She looks back fondly at the memory. Sister psycho made a horrible mistake: never try to bully someone crazier than you.

In related news: a roll of dimes tightly held in the fist makes a very credible substitute for brass knuckles.

I've used a roll of quarters. Big hands.

I've used a roll of quarters. Big hands.
I recall she was 13. Sister psycho got a busted jaw, eight teeth knocked out, and probably a skull fracture.

I should note that the nun's preferred torture device was a busted-off piece of a draftsman's square...that she honed to a razor edge. My father in law found out about this and blew a valve. Had he beaten the paramedics to the school, he would have killed the nun with his bare hands.

I was 10. How much trouble could I cause?

He probably got in trouble a lot on account of the fact that he is an evil, rotten little piece of shit now and he probably was back then, too.

Actually, much of what those old bitches did would be classified as child abuse today.

We had this one old witch, who liked to hit kids with a wooden pointer for doing things like drawing pictures.

10 years later, when I was working my way through college on a military scholarship, this old bat showed up at my Mom's funeral and had the nerve to say "God had a reason for this".

Pretty much the day I became an atheist.

Having a school made entirely of unmarried, childless people does not seem to be a great idea to me.

Can you be a great teacher if you do not have children? Yes. But a SCHOOL is better with the influence of parents around. I mean teachers who are parents. For all kinds of reasons that should be obvious, and probably are.

Having a school made entirely of unmarried, childless people does not seem to be a great idea to me.

Can you be a great teacher if you do not have children? Yes. But a SCHOOL is better with the influence of parents around. I mean teachers who are parents. For all kinds of reasons that should be obvious, and probably are.

Actually, we had plenty of married women who taught at my Catholic School, including my own late mother.

But those nuns were really a piece of work.

Today, I feel compassion for them. They were all lesbians who thought they could "Pray Away the Gay". So they put them in a situation where they were locked in a convent with other women, never able to act on their desires, and then they unleashed them on small children! Yup, it went as badly as you expect.

The good news is young Catholic women today who find out they prefer tacos to hot dogs aren't being shunted into this awful lifestyle. They get some sensible shoes, some scented candles, break out the k.d. Lang and Melissa Ethridge albums and they are happy.

So my niece was fundraising for her school, and I asked, "If I don't contribute, will a nun show up at my house with a wooden ruler?" and my niece replied, "No, Uncle Joe, we don't have those anymore. That's why we are so bad. - Just kidding!"

Forum List

Back