Education purposely creating idiots

The problem is it's not necessarily their money anymore, particularly with Biden illegally forgiving all of this student loan debt.
Student loans are often usurious and colleges charge far too much. Many of the folks he's forgive loans for have paid the original amount ten time over and more.

GENpk87aoAA105C

So what's the answer? Ask workers to work for less?
Over time it will balance out with new numbers for prices and wages. My boss and I get together each year to discuss how much of a pay raise I need to keep up with the general economy. This year he was especially solicitous regarding my needs.

I say every kid should have to enter the work world for a year before college. Granted, it would be a low-wage, unskilled job, but the benefits are many:

1) It would help the kid acquire a work ethic and some job history.
2) It would enable him to save about $10,000 for college - enough to pay for freshman year at State U, thus reducing his student loan debt by 25%.
3) He would appreciate the opportunity to major in a career-focused major so when he graduates, he won’t have to spend his life at an unskilled job.

And for everyone, it would provide a labor force for jobs.

L
Over time it will balance out with new numbers for prices and wages. My boss and I get together each year to discuss how much of a pay raise I need to keep up with the general economy. This year he was especially solicitous regarding my needs.
It's his job to completely capitulate to whatever you ask for. Or you walk. Tell him to dry up and go away.

I say every kid should have to enter the work world for a year before college. Granted, it would be a low-wage, unskilled job, but the benefits are many:

1) It would help the kid acquire a work ethic and some job history.
2) It would enable him to save about $10,000 for college - enough to pay for freshman year at State U, thus reducing his student loan debt by 25%.
3) He would appreciate the opportunity to major in a career-focused major so when he graduates, he won’t have to spend his life at an unskilled job.

And for everyone, it would provide a labor force for jobs.
I have worked in the grocery industry for many years as a grocery clerk and as a meat cutter. I have known dozens if not hundreds of kids that worked their way through college in these stores. Of course, this was before the government torpedoed higher education via "guaranteed student loans".

I have worked in the grocery industry for many years as a grocery clerk and as a meat cutter. I have known dozens if not hundreds of kids that worked their way through college in these stores. Of course, this was before the government torpedoed higher education via "guaranteed student loans".
Yup. The government’s subsidizing higher education drove the costs through the roof.

They should go back to cinderblock dorm rooms, a shared bathroom down the hall, and a big cafeteria-style dining room. I was THRILLED to experience that! And we still had lots of fun. All those clubs and activities don’t have to cost that much.

Nowadays these campuses look like resorts.

How are they fleecing the world? By providing products and services that people voluntarily purchase?
Low wages, high prices, tax dodges, attempting to own everything and rent it back to us, buying politicians and supreme court justices, the list is literally endless.

Low wages, high prices, tax dodges, attempting to own everything and rent it back to us, buying politicians and supreme court justices, the list is literally endless.
No one is forced to accept a low wage, and no one is required to buy at high prices. Nor is anyone forced to rent anything. If they’re breaking tax laws, they get fined. If your elected official can be bought, that’s not the fault of the buyer.
People who advocate higher taxation for others are the worst kind of virtue signalers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back