Education purposely creating idiots

Yup. The government’s subsidizing higher education drove the costs through the roof.

They should go back to cinderblock dorm rooms, a shared bathroom down the hall, and a big cafeteria-style dining room. I was THRILLED to experience that! And we still had lots of fun. All those clubs and activities don’t have to cost that much.

Nowadays these campuses look like resorts.
The U of Wisconsin is a 'diploma mill' where 40,000 students trudge around like zombies: joyless, expressionless, hopeless. So sad.

When the alternative is "starve and die" there is no alternative.
By definition, that is an alternative. Regardless, there are always less lethal alternatives. Go ahead, kid, give me your best situation where you think there is no alternative, and I’ll give you one.

The U of Wisconsin is a 'diploma mill' where 40,000 students trudge around like zombies: joyless, expressionless, hopeless. So sad.
That’s because kids are entitled….instead of appreciative.

Let them work a year as a fast-food worker or an office drone before college. They will be THRILLED for the opportunity to learn a career and appreciate the chance to live in a dorm room where they have to gather their little plastic bin and walk down the hall to get a shower. They will love the spirit as they trudge through the snow in the dark at 6 pm with their friends to get dinner at the dining hall. They will enjoy the football games.…the concerts….the plays.

Damn, I’m feeling so nostalgic right now!

No one is forced to accept a low wage, and no one is required to buy at high prices. Nor is anyone forced to rent anything. If they’re breaking tax laws, they get fined. If your elected official can be bought, that’s not the fault of the buyer.
People who advocate higher taxation for others are the worst kind of virtue signalers.
"No one is guilty of being born a slave, but a slave who is not only alien to the pursuit of his freedom, but embellishes and justifies his slavery, is an inspiring legitimate feeling of indignation, contempt and disgust, a lackey and a boor." V. I. Lenin

"No one is guilty of being born a slave, but a slave who is not only alien to the pursuit of his freedom, but embellishes and justifies his slavery, is an inspiring legitimate feeling of indignation, contempt and disgust, a lackey and a boor." V. I. Lenin
Good thing we abolished slavery more than 150 years ago, and that all American slaves are long gone.

The appropriation of the result of another's labor, by right of ownership, is the ugliest and most inhuman atavism in social relations, though still prevalent.

There is something to be said for re-institution of the military draft - male only. It need not lead exclusively to military service, but some sort of compulsory public service for approximately two years minimum. There is an infinite amount of work that could be done in the national parks.

No exemptions, no deferments; only exclusion of those who are too schtoopid and/or disabled to participate. In all cases, military discipline would be enforced, daily physical training, weapons training, and Civics education would be mandatory.

"We"have raised a couple generations of pussies, and it needs to stop. If you are thinking that today's kids wouldn't put up with it, then you understand why it's necessary. Ironically, the biggest beneficiaries would be young women, who now look around in vain for marriageable mates.

The appropriation of the result of another's labor, by right of ownership, is the ugliest and most inhuman atavism in social relations, though still prevalent.
Why? I created stuff for my employer, which then became the employer’s property. In return, I was compensated enough to buy an upscale townhome, travel internationally, go to the Kennedy Center and National Theater frequently, eat at nice restaurants, and have enough to donate to charity and save for retirement.

What’s so ugly about that?

That’s because kids are entitled….instead of appreciative.

Let them work a year as a fast-food worker or an office drone before college. They will be THRILLED for the opportunity to learn a career and appreciate the chance to live in a dorm room where they have to gather their little plastic bin and walk down the hall to get a shower. They will love the spirit as they trudge through the snow in the dark at 6 pm with their friends to get dinner at the dining hall. They will enjoy the football games.…the concerts….the plays.

Damn, I’m feeling so nostalgic right now!
I think many major in animal studies and astronomy. They're here for the wild life and to take up space.

Sounds like Lenin predicted the liberal democrats of today.

There is something to be said for re-institution of the military draft - male only. It need not lead exclusively to military service, but some sort of compulsory public service for approximately two years minimum. There is an infinite amount of work that could be done in the national parks.

No exemptions, no deferments; only exclusion of those who are too schtoopid and/or disabled to participate. In all cases, military discipline would be enforced, daily physical training, weapons training, and Civics education would be mandatory.

"We"have raised a couple generations of pussies, and it needs to stop. If you are thinking that today's kids wouldn't put up with it, then you understand why it's necessary. Ironically, the biggest beneficiaries would be young women, who now look around in vain for marriageable mates.
Slavery is not the answer. Indeed, that would be a valid reason to have everyone involved in imposing it strung up from trees.

George Carlin told us years ago. We laughed and didn't pay attention.

Poor George. He didn't realize that one of the reasons the middle class is contracting is that many are now in the upper income class. The lower class is expanding due to cheap immigrant labor.

Forum List

Back