Educate the ignorant about the need for guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. New to the forum.

I will use my introduction to start a response and we will pick up from where the first responder ends up posting a reply.

It's time to speak out against gun control again, but first, God bless the victims and families in Florida. They will reside in the Kingdom of God forever.

I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:
What happened to 7,000,000Ukrainian's in 1939?
Were the 6,000,000 murdered Jews of WWII armed before they were taken to death camps?
What happened to unarmed Russians throughout their history?

When you are faced with why you support gun ownership, simply ask these questions. If you don't know the answers, to one in particular, look them up and learn. I know I was surprised by the first question. It was never taught in school history class. I lived to the ripe age of 55 before I learned about the Ukrainian incident. I was shocked how 7,000,000 people can die at the hands of an evil government and it is one story that is still suppressed today.

Unarmed people are targets for evil. Guns should be always referred to as finely crafted machines. They are last line to defend ones self against oppression and aggression but are more often used for sport. Young people are being taught nonsense about "The Gun Culture". They are being taught by the U.N. led liberal agenda that gun enthusiasts are all stupid rednecks that lust over killing. Absurd! Guns are machines that I like the same as I like cars and motorcycles. I like to drive cool cars, motorcycles and shoot guns as a skill developing sport.

I was able to take a .22 rifle to school when I grew up. Guns were not a sexy mystery to be used to kill others. We were taught gun safety and hunting safety in school. I went everywhere with a .22 rifle and a fishing pole. I never had the desire to use it for evil.

The breakdown of the Family Unit - Societal Structure is what led us to this point. A lack of parents shaping a child with moral ethics and proper behavior. It took 2 generations to spoil the apples and it will take two, at least, to fix it. WITHOUT SWEEPING CHANGES IN THE WAY WE LIVE AND WORK, THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE!

Thanks for listening and start a conversation!

welcome2.gif

I live in a remote area. I have to face tiger snakes, brown snakes, funnel web spiders, redback spiders, big rabbits, hares, foxes, next door neighbours cows.blistering sun.drought.
But I have a formidible weapon--It's called a JACK RUSSEL TERRIER! I don't own a gun. I live in a civil society,

I live in a remote area. I have to face tiger snakes, brown snakes, funnel web spiders, redback spiders, big rabbits, hares, foxes, next door neighbours cows.blistering sun.drought.
But I have a formidible weapon--It's called a JACK RUSSEL TERRIER! I don't own a gun. I live in a civil society,
About how long does it take for your Jack Russell Terrier to rip out the throat of a tiger?

running-jack-russell-terrier-wallpaper.jpg

Angry-Tiger-Face-Picture-5.jpeg

About 20 milliseconds on a good day. He's so quick. Of course if he teamed up with the one your illustrating
it would take a lot less.
All they would have do is grab the striped puddy tat one on each ear and give it a good shake.
I've seen big lions tremble in fear when I take our Jack to the zoo. And the poor old elephants!...well enough said
Of course our Jack- the -lad just doesn,t know when to stop and occasionally starts to pant a bit.
That's when I have to step in drag him off..

So I have questions for you:
Were the 6,000,000 murdered Jews of WWII armed before they were taken to death camps?

Okay, if you are going to start out lying, there's really no point to talking to you.

Point was, there were plenty of guns available in those places. They just didn't do any good. The Ukrainians mostly died of famine, not being shot.

When you are faced with why you support gun ownership, simply ask these questions. If you don't know the answers, to one in particular, look them up and learn. I know I was surprised by the first question. It was never taught in school history class. I lived to the ripe age of 55 before I learned about the Ukrainian incident. I was shocked how 7,000,000 people can die at the hands of an evil government and it is one story that is still suppressed today.

Well, whatever you heard was probably wrong. The reason why the Ukrainian experience was so miserable was because there were a shitload of guns lying around after WWI and the Russian Civil War, and people on all sides were murdering each other. that was further compounded by a famine that starved millions. It wasn't a case of one side not having guns. It was a case of one side with guns and tanks winning.

I was able to take a .22 rifle to school when I grew up. Guns were not a sexy mystery to be used to kill others. We were taught gun safety and hunting safety in school. I went everywhere with a .22 rifle and a fishing pole. I never had the desire to use it for evil.

Funny, I'm 55 and I never remember this magical time when kids brought guns into school. OR when they taught us "gun safety" or any of that sort of thing.

But for sake of argument, this is a 1950's hunting rifle.

remington_1187_semiauto_shotgun_1381407_1.jpg

And this is the AR-15 Nikolas Cruz brought into Parkland two weeks ago.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Okay, if you are going to start out lying, there's really no point to talking to you.

Point was, there were plenty of guns available in those places. They just didn't do any good. The Ukrainians mostly died of famine, not being shot.

Well, whatever you heard was probably wrong. The reason why the Ukrainian experience was so miserable was because there were a shitload of guns lying around after WWI and the Russian Civil War, and people on all sides were murdering each other. that was further compounded by a famine that starved millions. It wasn't a case of one side not having guns. It was a case of one side with guns and tanks winning.

Funny, I'm 55 and I never remember this magical time when kids brought guns into school. OR when they taught us "gun safety" or any of that sort of thing.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Your knowledge of firearms is indeed astounding.

But just to help you learn a bit more, that "1950s Hunting rifle" is not even a rifle. It is a semi-auto shotgun made by Remington. And whats more, it was introduced by Remington in 1987.

Perhaps you could sit quietly while the grownups have a conversation. Or at least stick with topics on which you have a modicum of knowledge.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

But just to help you learn a bit more, that "1950s Hunting rifle" is not even a rifle. It is a semi-auto shotgun made by Remington. And whats more, it was introduced by Remington in 1987.

Perhaps you could sit quietly while the grownups have a conversation. Or at least stick with topics on which you have a modicum of knowledge.
What public school teaches gun safety?

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that.
I've thought about that and decided I've entered a twilight zone thread.
Like I said look it all up for yourself and put it all together.
If I'm wrong on something I will take the hit.
Back to the main subject, Gun control.
An into thread is not the place for anything more than saying, "Hi, I'm here don't ask if I'm queer"...

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Plenty of them did at one time. It was common.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Plenty of them did at one time. It was common.
Not where I went to school but then again by the time were were eight we had done been taught by family members...

I will use my introduction to start a response and we will pick up from where the first responder ends up posting a reply.

It's time to speak out against gun control again, but first, God bless the victims and families in Florida. They will reside in the Kingdom of God forever.

I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:

Unarmed people are targets for evil. Guns should be always referred to as finely crafted machines. They are last line to defend ones self against oppression and aggression but are more often used for sport. Young people are being taught nonsense about "The Gun Culture". They are being taught by the U.N. led liberal agenda that gun enthusiasts are all stupid rednecks that lust over killing. Absurd! Guns are machines that I like the same as I like cars and motorcycles. I like to drive cool cars, motorcycles and shoot guns as a skill developing sport.

The breakdown of the Family Unit - Societal Structure is what led us to this point. A lack of parents shaping a child with moral ethics and proper behavior. It took 2 generations to spoil the apples and it will take two, at least, to fix it. WITHOUT SWEEPING CHANGES IN THE WAY WE LIVE AND WORK, THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE!

Before I read the balance of this thread, I wanted to say things I predict are NOT talked about in this thread. Before we start, I took a .22 to school to go target shooting with. The bus driver asked me if I had any bullets in it. I said, "no sir, they're here in the box." He said, okay, but just keep that stuff in your locker at school. Times have changed.

I don't think of the right to keep and bear Arms as much of need. It's more of a Duty, an Obligation, and a Responsibility. The liberals would have you believe that the founders broke away from a tyrannical government, went to war against it, but would leave you and I without that option should this government become a dictatorship - and it is almost there now.

Unable to come up with proposals that do not include gun bans and so forth, the right has caved in and are about to lose this battle. So, maybe the right should be informed.

Our country was built on the foundational principle that you have an unalienable Right to life. It's damn near impossible to get people to understand what that word unalienable means. But, while the government has the power to take away guns, they lack the authority. Within that Right to Life, the founders believed that you had the Right to defend that Life (and Liberty) with the best means possible. So, the Second Amendment has not changed; neither should its intent be changed.

Welcome...Good post.
Problem is the media is only covering one side of the issue and that is demonizing gun owners, shouting feel good platitudes, pushing an agenda without any self reflection of a society where civility has broken down. In fact the media has pushed this division.
Most in media are leftists who believe governments are able to solve all issues and deny the possibility that our government is kept in check by an armed citizenry. They are fully willing to give up certain rights under the guise of safety. They now see the founding fathers as racist slavers.
When we erase our common history even with its warts and flaws, we lose our identity as a country that celebrated individual liberty.
Something has changed in our culture for the last 40 years and leftists will not be a part of self reflection as they would be forced to admit that their policies are in fact a large part of the problem.
They will continue to blame guns and the NRA.

It is idiotic to blame the NRA, but the right is failing to offer solutions that do not include gun control. So they are agreeing with the banners by default.

Wrong.

This fails as a strawman fallacy.

There is no "liberal agenda" hostile to gun owners, the notion is a ridiculous lie.

And your last paragraph is wrongheaded nonsense, sophomoric and inane.

Bull Freaking Crap. Not only is there an agenda, the liberals send in their trolls whenever someone talks about solutions to firearm deaths that do not end with suggestions for gun control.

The 2nd amendment says 'well regulated'. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

It's time to get these guns engineered for war out of the hands of the public. Nobody, and let's be clear because right wing propaganda loves to wail and flail their arms on this, nobody is calling for confiscating all guns. The only people that even say that are gun lickers.

Guns need to be well regulated as put forth in the Constitution. End of story.

The Second Amendment in no way, shape, fashion or form can be interpreted the way you claim:

Let's hope JimmyC has taken this thread into the forums, where it belongs. I read the Intro threads for a break, not another in your face gun lovers rant.

Welcome, Jimmy, btw. We'll probably be chatting.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Mine did. It was 8th grade. It was a full hunters course. They even let us shoot shotguns after we passed the test.

ST916556B_1200xN.png

See the difference?

Mine did. It was 8th grade. It was a full hunters course. They even let us shoot shotguns after we passed the test.
we had skeet shooting during gym

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that.
I've thought about that and decided I've entered a twilight zone thread.
Like I said look it all up for yourself and put it all together.
If I'm wrong on something I will take the hit.
Back to the main subject, Gun control.
An into thread is not the place for anything more than saying, "Hi, I'm here don't ask if I'm queer"...

Are you queer?

I see you missed one of your comrades calling him a liar, which is also against the rules here. I guess that's o.k. with you, though, since birds of a feather trumps all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back