Educate the ignorant about the need for guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

Rookie
Feb 18, 2018
Hey everybody. New to the forum.

I will use my introduction to start a response and we will pick up from where the first responder ends up posting a reply.

It's time to speak out against gun control again, but first, God bless the victims and families in Florida. They will reside in the Kingdom of God forever.

I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:
What happened to 7,000,000Ukrainian's in 1939?
Were the 6,000,000 murdered Jews of WWII armed before they were taken to death camps?
What happened to unarmed Russians throughout their history?

When you are faced with why you support gun ownership, simply ask these questions. If you don't know the answers, to one in particular, look them up and learn. I know I was surprised by the first question. It was never taught in school history class. I lived to the ripe age of 55 before I learned about the Ukrainian incident. I was shocked how 7,000,000 people can die at the hands of an evil government and it is one story that is still suppressed today.

Unarmed people are targets for evil. Guns should be always referred to as finely crafted machines. They are last line to defend ones self against oppression and aggression but are more often used for sport. Young people are being taught nonsense about "The Gun Culture". They are being taught by the U.N. led liberal agenda that gun enthusiasts are all stupid rednecks that lust over killing. Absurd! Guns are machines that I like the same as I like cars and motorcycles. I like to drive cool cars, motorcycles and shoot guns as a skill developing sport.

I was able to take a .22 rifle to school when I grew up. Guns were not a sexy mystery to be used to kill others. We were taught gun safety and hunting safety in school. I went everywhere with a .22 rifle and a fishing pole. I never had the desire to use it for evil.

The breakdown of the Family Unit - Societal Structure is what led us to this point. A lack of parents shaping a child with moral ethics and proper behavior. It took 2 generations to spoil the apples and it will take two, at least, to fix it. WITHOUT SWEEPING CHANGES IN THE WAY WE LIVE AND WORK, THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE!

Thanks for listening and start a conversation!

Welcome...Good post.
Problem is the media is only covering one side of the issue and that is demonizing gun owners, shouting feel good platitudes, pushing an agenda without any self reflection of a society where civility has broken down. In fact the media has pushed this division.
Most in media are leftists who believe governments are able to solve all issues and deny the possibility that our government is kept in check by an armed citizenry. They are fully willing to give up certain rights under the guise of safety. They now see the founding fathers as racist slavers.
When we erase our common history even with its warts and flaws, we lose our identity as a country that celebrated individual liberty.
Something has changed in our culture for the last 40 years and leftists will not be a part of self reflection as they would be forced to admit that their policies are in fact a large part of the problem.
They will continue to blame guns and the NRA.

Last edited:
Welcome...Good post.
Problem is the media is only covering one side of the issue and that is demonizing gun owners, shouting feel good platitudes, pushing an agenda without any self reflection of a society where civility has broken down. In fact the media has pushed this division.
Most in media are leftists who believe governments are able to solve all issues and deny the possibility that our government is kept in check by an armed citizenry. They are fully willing to give up certain rights under the guise of safety. They now see the founding fathers as racist slavers.
When we erase our common history even with its warts and flaws, we lose our identity as a country that celebrated individual liberty.
Something has changed in our culture for the last 40 years and leftists will not be a part of self reflection as they would be forced to admit that their policies are in fact a large part of the problem.
They will continue to blame guns and the NRA.

Problem is, why is the media only reporting one side? When faced with questions you cant make sense of, assuming you are not a blind liberal, stop, turn around and place yourself in the shoes of people with an opposite agenda. A revolutionary if you will. One of our founding fathers quoted " the next revolution in America will be of the Government against the people".

Lets make the case:
The United Nations has a world dominating agenda that George H. W. Bush signed us into in (1974) I think it's 74.. If anyone has not heard of Agenda 2030, look it up. Formerly known as Agenda 21, it is a plan to control population growth and hold humanity accountable for total environmental control by the year 2030. If you are savvy you can find it in the U.N. website. You will be able to see all too familiar names that are signed into the plan. President Regan was the last delay for the U.N. plan. Agenda 21 was recently updated to Agenda 2030 because it could not be accomplished in time. Any delay, caused by freak election results they cant control, sets back their plan by however many years a Patriotic conservative president is in office. Anyway - disarming innocent people is also a desired action. Disarming Australia was a huge win for the plan. The U.S. is the last stronghold.

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that. We would have no say so in cases we don't agree with. What if all those countries demanded we disarm America or they would stop trading with us! Plausible?

Now knowing that one scenario, there are others, you can see that the media is being manipulated by those committed to that agenda. YOU MAY THINK IT'S A FANTASY BUT I ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT. Look it up and research it yourself. Look up George Soros and Aleksander Dugan. They are the main puppet masters. Once you read their books you will know that (Hitler like) mad men still exist. Their game is to create havoc in societies and weaken them. They took down Greece like knocking over a sleeping cow.

We are in the midst of a revolution and most people are unaware. The media is bought and paid for by the revolutionaries. They keep us happy by feeding us propaganda. The sheep keep on sheeping. Baaaaaaaa.

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that.
I've thought about that and decided I've entered a twilight zone thread.

Lets take this out of this thread and continue elsewhere. Any suggestions?

Did you know that the Pacific Trade Act that Trump rejected would have put the Pacific rim countries in control of our trade in the world! Think about that.
I've thought about that and decided I've entered a twilight zone thread.
Like I said look it all up for yourself and put it all together.
If I'm wrong on something I will take the hit.
Back to the main subject, Gun control.

Last edited:
`
I live in the boonies. My nearest neighbor is about 5 miles from my house. My land is mainly wooded. I also hunt, mainly deer. My hunting rifle. And, me and my family have venison all year round. That's one reason I have a gun. I have a 22 I use for squirrels and other nuisance critters. I have a hand gun I sometimes carry when I travel. I've a Wisconsin CCL. I also have a different hand gun I carry when I go wilderness camping where having a larger caliber hand gun is advantageous against potentially dangerous and predatory animals.

A gun is a tool. I use mine a lot and am proficient. I see no reason to glorify a tool.

`

Last edited:
Gun Control. There is a lot to discuss here. There is more to it than Democrats vs. Republicans. A lot more!

Last edited:

I will use my introduction to start a response and we will pick up from where the first responder ends up posting a reply.

It's time to speak out against gun control again, but first, God bless the victims and families in Florida. They will reside in the Kingdom of God forever.

I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:
Were the 6,000,000 murdered Jews of WWII armed before they were taken to death camps?

When you are faced with why you support gun ownership, simply ask these questions. If you don't know the answers, to one in particular, look them up and learn. I know I was surprised by the first question. It was never taught in school history class. I lived to the ripe age of 55 before I learned about the Ukrainian incident. I was shocked how 7,000,000 people can die at the hands of an evil government and it is one story that is still suppressed today.

Unarmed people are targets for evil. Guns should be always referred to as finely crafted machines. They are last line to defend ones self against oppression and aggression but are more often used for sport. Young people are being taught nonsense about "The Gun Culture". They are being taught by the U.N. led liberal agenda that gun enthusiasts are all stupid rednecks that lust over killing. Absurd! Guns are machines that I like the same as I like cars and motorcycles. I like to drive cool cars, motorcycles and shoot guns as a skill developing sport.

I was able to take a .22 rifle to school when I grew up. Guns were not a sexy mystery to be used to kill others. We were taught gun safety and hunting safety in school. I went everywhere with a .22 rifle and a fishing pole. I never had the desire to use it for evil.

The breakdown of the Family Unit - Societal Structure is what led us to this point. A lack of parents shaping a child with moral ethics and proper behavior. It took 2 generations to spoil the apples and it will take two, at least, to fix it. WITHOUT SWEEPING CHANGES IN THE WAY WE LIVE AND WORK, THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE!

Wrong.

This fails as a strawman fallacy.

There is no "liberal agenda" hostile to gun owners, the notion is a ridiculous lie.

And your last paragraph is wrongheaded nonsense, sophomoric and inane.

`
I live in the boonies. My nearest neighbor is about 5 miles from my house. My land is mainly wooded. I also hunt, mainly deer. And, me and my family have venison all year round. That's one reason I have a gun. I also have a 22 I use for squirrels and other nuisance critters. I also have a hand gun I sometimes carry. I have a Wisconsin CCL. I also have a hand gun I carry when I go wilderness camping where having a larger caliber hand gun is advantageous against potentially dangerous and predatory animals.

A gun is a tool. I use mine a lot and am proficient. I see no reason to glorify a tool.

`
I agree.

Wrong.

This fails as a strawman fallacy.

There is no "liberal agenda" hostile to gun owners, the notion is a ridiculous lie.

And your last paragraph is wrongheaded nonsense, sophomoric and inane.
In your opinion Sir.

From the OP:

“I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:

What happened to unarmed Russians throughout their history?”

Wrong again.

Nazi ‘gun confiscation’ is a myth.

‘Whenever the gun-control debate heats up in the United States — usually after an all-too-common mass shooting — guns rights activists often cite Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Germany gun laws as an example of the dangers of gun control. They claim that these laws, enacted by Hitler himself, disarmed the German people, including minority groups, and made them more vulnerable to oppression and eventually the Holocaust. This historical “fact” often is trumpeted far and wide as an example of what could happen to America with stricter gun-control laws. The problem with that? It’s mostly a myth.’

Adolf Hitler and the Myth of Nazi Gun Control Laws

Clearly the only ignorance is that of the thread author.

From the OP:

“I want everyone to have a response to the gun control issue that sparks conversation. Firm forceful commentary and belligerence will get us nowhere. So I have questions for you:

Wrong again.

‘Whenever the gun-control debate heats up in the United States — usually after an all-too-common mass shooting — guns rights activists often cite Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Germany gun laws as an example of the dangers of gun control. They claim that these laws, enacted by Hitler himself, disarmed the German people, including minority groups, and made them more vulnerable to oppression and eventually the Holocaust. This historical “fact” often is trumpeted far and wide as an example of what could happen to America with stricter gun-control laws. The problem with that? It’s mostly a myth.’

You sir are part of the problem. You insult and reject what others say, no questions. This is a conversation not a beat down for arrogant bigots. To deny that disarming a populous will embolden fascist extremists is ignorant on your part, in my opinion. I would be glad to debate it though. With all due respect Sir.

From the OP:

Wrong again.

You sir are part of the problem. You insult and reject what others say, no questions. This is a conversation not a beat down for arrogant bigots. To deny that disarming a populous will embolden fascist extremists is ignorant on your part, in my opinion. I would be glad to debate it though. With all due respect Sir.
I'm going to watch the Daytona 500. Good bye for now.

To deny that disarming a populous will embolden fascist extremists is ignorant on your part, in my opinion.
Yes, but you inhabit the twilight zone. For example, what data have you that fascist extremists have been emboldened in the UK and Australia?

The 2nd amendment says 'well regulated'. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

It's time to get these guns engineered for war out of the hands of the public. Nobody, and let's be clear because right wing propaganda loves to wail and flail their arms on this, nobody is calling for confiscating all guns. The only people that even say that are gun lickers.

Guns need to be well regulated as put forth in the Constitution. End of story.

i live in CT. due to common sense, we have banned assault rifles & passed a bill that rejects the ability to get a gun if domestic violence has ever been an issue. guess what? we still have the right to legally own a variety of guns & have them in our home for hunting & protection.

just not the unnecessary weapons of mass destruction.

From the OP:

Wrong again.

I beg to differ.Hitler did have gun control and I'm surprised the US Liberal Progressive Pukes haven't tried his method.Then again, it wouldn't work here because there would be piles and stacks of dead, rotting liberal progressive corpses dotting the landscape, PBUH.
Hitler's plan was simple and effective. He required everyone with a gun to join a sporting club or a hunting club. All firearms were required to be locked in an arms room and none could be kept at home. Each club had a staff of NAZIs who kept control and people could use their guns but only at the shooting ranges or hunting clubs. Then they had to turn them back to the arms rooms See how easy and effective it was?
In my wife's home town people still have the same shooting club and hunting club that was used during the 30s and 40s. The arms rooms are still there and many of the rifles, shotguns and pistols are still in the racks and that part of the clubs are little museums. All her relatives have the same little museums in their towns. One reason for the gun control was the fact that Hitler hated the town of Heidenheim/Brenz and the state of Bad Wuertemburg because when he visited that town the people would not give him the Nazi salute. (There are pictures) Another reason is that a local resident, Georg Elser, booby trapped a nightclub in Munich that Hitler left early after a speech. Hitler then had all the men in the county drafted and sent to the Russian front. My wife's father and 2 uncles were killed there along with a number of other young men. So much for your non-confiscation.

The 2nd amendment says 'well regulated'. Don't like it? Change the Constitution.

It's time to get these guns engineered for war out of the hands of the public. Nobody, and let's be clear because right wing propaganda loves to wail and flail their arms on this, nobody is calling for confiscating all guns. The only people that even say that are gun lickers.

Guns need to be well regulated as put forth in the Constitution. End of story.
I hear your concern but the Constitution speaks of a well regulated Militia, not regulated arms. A militia is a civilian base of armed citizens. They used the word regulated. Today we would say well trained. The National Guard assumes that role today. It's original intention was to arm the citizens because governments have proven to be progressively oppressive for hundreds of years. The right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" for that reason.
I do believe that if we went back to the way it was when I grew up we all would have a better understanding of guns. Until we all come to terms with our decayed morality, failed gun education, broken family structure, violent imagery, and sense of personal responsibility, we will erode into a society of thugs. What would Hollywood do without Guns?
Remember a gun is a gun. What it looks like is irrelevant. I can find you several hunting rifles that function the same as an AR15. If I were to change out some parts I could make it look like a military weapon. Military weapons are usually fully automatic or "select fire". The AR15 is a semi automatic making it unlike the military version. An AR is just a modular platform that uses no wood.
I respect your opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back