EDIT & DELETE gone

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
I can no longer edit nor delete a post. Is this a permanent change?

Edit and Delete expire for posts after a certain amount of time...not sure how long.

Edit & delete are, back for a time, only REPORT showed.

Because of my Baltimore accent (yuck) I cannot pronounce the word "WOLF." Hope this helps.

Could be worse. Germans cannot say "squirrel".

@Peach - I'm pretty sure the edit time has been set at 90 minutes. So says the system though it seems shorter. This would presumably mean Delete would be under the same time limit. Kinda sucks compared to what we were used to but they say you get more time when you buy a supporter member thingy.

But hey, the board I left to come here, you got 5 minutes. FIVE. And there was no quote feature, you had to do that manually. And you couldn't post pictures and forget about videos. What's more we had to walk five miles in the snow uphill to log in.

Because of my Baltimore accent (yuck) I cannot pronounce the word "WOLF." Hope this helps.

Could be worse. Germans cannot say "squirrel".

@Peach - I'm pretty sure the edit time has been set at 90 minutes. So says the system though it seems shorter. This would presumably mean Delete would be under the same time limit. Kinda sucks compared to what we were used to but they say you get more time when you buy a supporter member thingy.

But hey, the board I left to come here, you got 5 minutes. FIVE. And there was no quote feature, you had to do that manually. And you couldn't post pictures and forget about videos. What's more we had to walk five miles in the snow uphill to log in.

Edit & delete back now, thank you for responding.

Can only EDIT & DELETE on this thread.
After a while, you will not be able to edit here either. The system allows you a grace period to correct mistakes and retract asinine comments. After that, your ass is nailed to the wall.

...and that's the way it should be. If the edit feature never ran out, it could create extreme difficulties in understanding old threads.

You should be happy that the ability to edit is limited.

Here's a question for @cereal_killer ....

How long after a post is made can it be edited?

After a while, you will not be able to edit here either. The system allows you a grace period to correct mistakes and retract asinine comments. After that, your ass is nailed to the wall.

...and that's the way it should be. If the edit feature never ran out, it could create extreme difficulties in understanding old threads.

Read the thread - already answered. 90 minutes @ basic level.

Read the thread - already answered. 90 minutes @ basic level.
That was your answer. I want to hear from the Commander in Chief...or his authorized representative.

Forum List

Back