Ed Rendell: Obama ‘hurt by being a legislator only’ before presidency

Stukaman

May 17, 2012
Ed Rendell: Obama ‘hurt by being a legislator only’ before presidency

Posted by Felicia Sonmezat 12:36 PM ET, 06/07/2012TheWashingtonPost

Ed Rendell: Obama ‘hurt by being a legislator only’ before presidency - The Washington Post

Former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell, who has been on something of a tear when it comes to playing the role of the Obama administration’s chief Democratic antagonist, made his latest swipe at the president Thursday morning in an interview on CBS’s “This Morning.”
145656143-1575.jpg

Former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell (D). (Chris Usher/CBS News via Getty Images)Asked by host Charlie Rose whether he thought Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton would have handled the presidency differently from Obama, Rendell responded that he thought Clinton “would’ve come in with a lot more executive experience.”
“I think the president was hurt by being a legislator only,” Rendell said.
He went on to praise the national health care law and the economic stimulus, but argued that “too much of it was left up to the Congress” rather than the White House.
“I think Hillary Clinton would’ve sent them a bill and said, ‘Here’s what I want,’” he said.
Rendell, 68, also joked about prodding Clinton, who turns 65 in October, to pursue a presidential bid. At a recent dinner, he said, he reminded the secretary of state that if she thinks he looks great for his age, then she should consider running in 2016 – when she will be as old as Rendell currently is.
“I think you can persuade her,” said Rendell, who was among Clinton’s most prominent backers in 2008.
Rendell’s recent re-emergence – and his accompanying swipes at Obama – have come as part of the former Pennsylvania governor’s tour to promote his new book, “A Nation of Wusses.”

--------------You know, most conservative commentators have been saying that Obama just does not have the executive experience to be an effective President, and the President's record over the last 3.5 years have proven that out. So now old Ed rendal has finally reenforced that opinion, It's about time Ed!

Last edited:
The timing is interesting as well. Bill Clinton has had a couple of bombshells tossed at Obama as well as Newark Mayor Cory Booker, is this a trend?

Forum List

Back