Economics really does work!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Rabbi, Nov 21, 2011.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    So basic econ says if you lower the price of something you get more demand and less supply. The argument for Obamacare was that somehow that doesnt work for medicine, I don't know why. But it does, as this article from today's WSJ shows. Disability doctors are swamped with cases but have limited resources. So the answer is to cut their compensation and make them work harder. Of course they don't want to do that (who does?) so they are told they dont have to be as thorough in their exams. A once over is good enough. This model will be applied through the US medical system once Obamacare is fully implemented. Obamacare, the "good enough" medical system.
    Doctors Question Disability Decisions As Agency Moves To Speed Up Process - WSJ.com
    More at the source.

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    "This model will be applied through the US medical system once Obamacare is fully implemented. Obamacare, the "good enough" medical system."

This is pure opinion, prove otherwise.

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Gee, I post this in a discussion board and it gets called opinion. What a shock.
    What makes you think it wont happen, since it is both predictable by economic theory and has happened in real life already?