East Coast; Prepare to Freeze Your Butts Off! ...and the UK too.

Oh, here we are. :) Bastards! Yeah, they feel SOOOO badly about it.

National Grid - News

September 24, 2014 – National Grid recently filed with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) to adjust electric and gas rates for the winter. The company’s electric customers will see a significant increase in their bills due to higher power supply prices (the cost of the electricity National Grid buys for customers and passes on without a mark up). Starting in November, a typical residential customer will see an electric bill that is 37 percent higher than last winter for the same amount of electricity used. Gas rates will be one to three percent lower than last year, but using more natural gas for home heating as the weather cools down means that gas bills will rise for most customers as they do every winter.

“With the chance of another cold winter on the way, National Grid is very concerned about what higher energy costs mean for our customers,” said Marcy Reed, president of National Grid in Massachusetts. “Though we can’t control power supply prices, we can help our customers in other ways, which is why we urge Massachusetts residents to take full advantage of energy efficiency and payment programs that can help lower their bills.”

Mine went down. :dunno:

What utility company do you use? Most people have seen an incredible increase.

Customers angry over National Grid rate hike | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WJAR News

I don't use a utility company for heat. This ain't New England. :lol:

Oh how I remember the incredulity -- in Vermont there's baseboard heating everywhere, and then the electric company raises its rates in the winter. :eek: Hard to believe, Harry.

My main heat here is propane. It's gone down. You know, like Obamagas. ;)

So you still have to buy propane then. Who is your supplier? :)

You want the name of the local company?

It's now AmeriGas. They bought the local company. They won't tell you a price over the phone; you have to be a customer. But as I said I have my bills for the entire time I've lived here. It was higher three years ago than it is now. I know these things because I pay for it, out of pocket.

While I couldn't find current rates, you should consider switching suppliers. There are a LOT of complaints about price gouging by that particular company.

It's a national chain, I know. But the rates are no worse than the local company they bought out. They're slightly lower, although I have no doubt that's because of oil/gas prices, not something they set.

Besides, you don't just "change suppliers" with propane. I have a 300 gallon tank outside, which they own. They set up the whole thing. If I changed suppliers, not only would I lose what's in the tank, I'd lose the tank itself, and possibly the line to the house. All of that would have to be reinstalled. And I have no doubt that the new supplier would be charging the same rate anyway.

Good thing obama's green energy policy has driven up heating bills.

mine too! and this coming winter it should come down greatly with heating oil cheaper!!!

It might be cheaper to actually heat with heating oil this year vs wood up here in Maine, which is an incredible feat!!!

Yup, oil's the same story. Went down.
I burn wood on the colder nights/days to supplement. And when you live in a forest and plan ahead, that's free.

We fill our tanks in summer here when it's cheaper. They encourage that too.

Meanwhile, to further confuse those who don't know the difference between "weather" and "climate," the West Coast has been experiencing record high temperatures.

mine too! and this coming winter it should come down greatly with heating oil cheaper!!!

It might be cheaper to actually heat with heating oil this year vs wood up here in Maine, which is an incredible feat!!!
It's only down to level higher than what it should be. The net is not something to be grateful for.

You must live in the White House. Everything has been up for almost seven years.

Not here. I've got my propane bills back to '07 when I moved here.
My electricity's gone up in the last coupla years but I'm also running more stuff. But that's got nothing to do with heating.

Customers angry over National Grid rate hike | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WJAR News

Oh how I remember the incredulity -- in Vermont there's baseboard heating everywhere, and then the electric company raises its rates in the winter. :eek: Hard to believe, Harry.

We are talking about electricity here Pogo. What is the name of your electric company?

Once again --- the opening phrase was -- read closely --- "heating bills". Which for me have nothing to do with electricity. I have absolutely Zero electric heat. My electricity use is exactly the same in July as it is in January (no need for A/C here either).

My electric company is called French Broad. They wanted to name it after Brigitte Bardot but they couldn't think of her name :eusa_shifty:

It's a co-op too.

It's only down to level higher than what it should be. The net is not something to be grateful for.
it's the lowest price we've paid for heating oil in about a decade for us!!! I'm very grateful that they have come down enough to make a big difference in the monthly budget!!!

I might actually run the heat at 65 degrees this year instead of 58 degrees at night and 62 degrees during the day and take off a layer or two of clothing I've been bundling up in!!!

You must live in the White House. Everything has been up for almost seven years.

Not here. I've got my propane bills back to '07 when I moved here.
My electricity's gone up in the last coupla years but I'm also running more stuff. But that's got nothing to do with heating.

We are talking about electricity here Pogo. What is the name of your electric company?

Once again --- the opening phrase was -- read closely --- "heating bills". Which for me have nothing to do with electricity. I have absolutely Zero electric heat. My electricity use is exactly the same in July as it is in January (no need for A/C here either).

My electric company is called French Broad. They wanted to name it after Brigitte Bardot but they couldn't think of her name :eusa_shifty:

It's a co-op too.
Me too, my electric use in the summer and winter are nearly the same with exception of maybe a few more lights running in the winter because it gets dark earlier....

We do not heat with electric either, nor is our hot water on electric, it is heating oil even for the hot water in the house....and we don't need air conditioning here either....maybe 3 times this whole past summer.

We've been suffering with high oil bills for years though, so we needed this break and let the suffering move on to something/someone else...not that I want others to feel the same pain, but, just would like a break on this heating expense for change!!!

Meanwhile, to further confuse those who don't know the difference between "weather" and "climate," the West Coast has been experiencing record high temperatures.

We know the difference; when its hot that is climate, but when its cold that is weather.

Which has nothing to do with the point of the post Sherlock.

Was pointing out how the UK MET has apparently decided that the sun is slightly cooling just as the Russians have been saying for the past 15 years and yet even that is classified as CLIMATE CHANGE. Its a tautology bro.

it's natures way of thinning the conservative herd.

Actually it's the progressives who are incapable of doing anything without government help who are going to be screwed. One thing I can attest to with cons is they can at least feed themselves and fix whatever breaks in their homes. Progressives though....you're screwed.

it's natures way of thinning the conservative herd.
Actually it's the progressives who are incapable of doing anything without government help who are going to be screwed. One thing I can attest to with cons is they can at least feed themselves and fix whatever breaks in their homes. Progressives though....you're screwed.

Libtards are the best argument for allowing Nature to take its Darwinian course I have ever known.

We may be doing horid things to the gene pool by not allowing Darwin to rule.

Note: I do not mean liberals when I refer to libtards, thank you, l ol.

it's the lowest price we've paid for heating oil in about a decade for us!!! I'm very grateful that they have come down enough to make a big difference in the monthly budget!!!

I might actually run the heat at 65 degrees this year instead of 58 degrees at night and 62 degrees during the day and take off a layer or two of clothing I've been bundling up in!!!
It's the lowest in the past few years only because your hack president drove the prices up in the first place. You're doing the Patty Hearst.

It's the lowest in the past few years only because your hack president drove the prices up in the first place. You're doing the Patty Hearst.

I've been here since the Bush Misadministration. It was higher then.

Presidents don't drive the price of oil anyway.

Not that we're at 400PPM CO2, Global Cooling is physically impossible.

Ain't that right mamooth, Crick, Old Rocks and Matthew

So Frank wants attention. Okay Frank, we noticed you. Good job.

Jim is giving us the same "New ice age any day now!" nonsense that so many deniers cling to now. Inconveniently for such true believers, that ice age stubbornly refuses to arrive, and the world keeps warming strongly.

Others can't figure out that precipitation isn't temperature. Snowfall does not indicate cooling. If the temperature rises from 25F to 27F, it still snows.

That illustrates why denialism still lingers at 16% of the US population (and dropping). But we're working on knocking down those numbers, by educating people.

I live in Indiana. The KKK people toned it down, don't admit to being KKK, and just fly Confederate flags now. However, blacks definitely will get DWB stops if they drive through some of the smaller rural towns.

...and by "warming" you're including the never before mentioned "warming" in the deep oceans that was abruptly added into the AGWCult models once they realized we are in a 2 decade no warming trend

Lol love this.

Huge cooling coming from cooler sun.
Britain faces FREEZING winters as slump in solar activity threatens 'little Ice Age'
"Climate experts warn the amount of light and warmth released by the sun is nosediving to levels "not seen for centuries".

"They fear a repeat of the so-called 'Maunder Minimum' which triggered Arctic winter whiteouts and led to the River Thames freezing 300 years ago.

"The Met Office-led study warns although the effect will be offset by recent global warming, Britain faces years of unusually cold winters.

"A spokesman said: "A return to low solar activity not seen for centuries could increase the chances of cold winters in Europe and eastern parts of the United States but wouldn't halt global warming.

"Return of 'grand solar minimum' could affect European and eastern US winters."

"Long episodes of low solar activity were seen during the Maunder Minimum between 1645 and 1715 and the 'Dalton Minimum' from 1790 to 1830."

Then Climate Change goofballs claim its due to climate change primarily.
SHOCK CLAIM: World is on brink of 50 year ICE AGE and BRITAIN will bear the brunt
"Britain faces an 'all but unprecedented' situation thanks to a cocktail of climatic changes all happening at once to affect the weather.

"The northern Atlantic has been cooling steadily over the past few months leading to a colossal area of icy water to form off the UK coast.

"This is thought to be the result of changes in wind flow and salinity and could lead to lower than average temperatures in Britain all year round.

"The phenomenon has already raised fears this winter will be un usually brutal with months of sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow on the way.

"Long-term accumulative effects could be that parts of northern Europe, including Britain, will cool dramatically."

I remember when the MET was saying we would have consistently warmer winters. One AGW advocate said Brits will grow up never knowing snow again, lol.

But the Russians have predicted this for the last 15 years and it seems thet the MET is now conceding that they were right all along.

The Eastern US will see a cold winter too.

First big cold snap will bring sub-freezing lows, lake effect snow to Eastern U.S.

NOAA winter forecast: Snowy Northeast; rainy relief for California - CNN.com

Seems AGW advocates can predict weather changes once they are well into unfolding.

WTF does LOW SOLAR ACTIVITY mean. ----------the sun is down on fusion?
the sun has cycles just like the earth it's brightness and heat is variable.
the pseudo science shit Jim blowme is spewing is just that.
fun fact: the sun is closer to the earth in the fall and winter then iit is in spring and summer.

The pseudo science is the one that refuses to allow discussion of it's underlying theory. The pseudo science is the one that refuses to distribute it's findings, methods, and formulae to other scientists and refuses even FOIA requests because of what they are afraid we will find out.

In other words the pseudo science is the one that asserts the "science is settled" because as ANY scientist will tell you...nothing is ever settled.

Who the hell cares? It's cold; it's hot. Something is going to kill us all eventually anyway. I'm tired of this. If there is global warming, carbon credits are not going to stop it.

Forum List

Back