East Coast; Prepare to Freeze Your Butts Off! ...and the UK too.

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Lol love this.

Huge cooling coming from cooler sun.
Britain faces FREEZING winters as slump in solar activity threatens 'little Ice Age'
"Climate experts warn the amount of light and warmth released by the sun is nosediving to levels "not seen for centuries".

"They fear a repeat of the so-called 'Maunder Minimum' which triggered Arctic winter whiteouts and led to the River Thames freezing 300 years ago.

"The Met Office-led study warns although the effect will be offset by recent global warming, Britain faces years of unusually cold winters.

"A spokesman said: "A return to low solar activity not seen for centuries could increase the chances of cold winters in Europe and eastern parts of the United States but wouldn't halt global warming.

"Return of 'grand solar minimum' could affect European and eastern US winters."

"Long episodes of low solar activity were seen during the Maunder Minimum between 1645 and 1715 and the 'Dalton Minimum' from 1790 to 1830."

Then Climate Change goofballs claim its due to climate change primarily.
SHOCK CLAIM: World is on brink of 50 year ICE AGE and BRITAIN will bear the brunt
"Britain faces an 'all but unprecedented' situation thanks to a cocktail of climatic changes all happening at once to affect the weather.

"The northern Atlantic has been cooling steadily over the past few months leading to a colossal area of icy water to form off the UK coast.

"This is thought to be the result of changes in wind flow and salinity and could lead to lower than average temperatures in Britain all year round.

"The phenomenon has already raised fears this winter will be un usually brutal with months of sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow on the way.

"Long-term accumulative effects could be that parts of northern Europe, including Britain, will cool dramatically."

I remember when the MET was saying we would have consistently warmer winters. One AGW advocate said Brits will grow up never knowing snow again, lol.

But the Russians have predicted this for the last 15 years and it seems thet the MET is now conceding that they were right all along.

The Eastern US will see a cold winter too.

First big cold snap will bring sub-freezing lows, lake effect snow to Eastern U.S.

NOAA winter forecast: Snowy Northeast; rainy relief for California - CNN.com

Seems AGW advocates can predict weather changes once they are well into unfolding.

Lol love this.

Britain faces FREEZING winters as slump in solar activity threatens 'little Ice Age'
"Climate experts warn the amount of light and warmth released by the sun is nosediving to levels "not seen for centuries".

"They fear a repeat of the so-called 'Maunder Minimum' which triggered Arctic winter whiteouts and led to the River Thames freezing 300 years ago.

"The Met Office-led study warns although the effect will be offset by recent global warming, Britain faces years of unusually cold winters.

"A spokesman said: "A return to low solar activity not seen for centuries could increase the chances of cold winters in Europe and eastern parts of the United States but wouldn't halt global warming.

"Long episodes of low solar activity were seen during the Maunder Minimum between 1645 and 1715 and the 'Dalton Minimum' from 1790 to 1830."

SHOCK CLAIM: World is on brink of 50 year ICE AGE and BRITAIN will bear the brunt
"Britain faces an 'all but unprecedented' situation thanks to a cocktail of climatic changes all happening at once to affect the weather.

"The northern Atlantic has been cooling steadily over the past few months leading to a colossal area of icy water to form off the UK coast.

"This is thought to be the result of changes in wind flow and salinity and could lead to lower than average temperatures in Britain all year round.

"The phenomenon has already raised fears this winter will be un usually brutal with months of sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow on the way.

"Long-term accumulative effects could be that parts of northern Europe, including Britain, will cool dramatically."

I remember when the MET was saying we would have consistently warmer winters. One AGW advocate said Brits will grow up never knowing snow again, lol.

But the Russians have predicted this for the last 15 years and it seems thet the MET is now conceding that they were right all along.

First big cold snap will bring sub-freezing lows, lake effect snow to Eastern U.S.

Seems AGW advocates can predict weather changes once they are well into unfolding.
Oh so you're a member of the cooling sun cult? Don't bore me with your phony science. There is no consensus. And those "scientists" just want grant money.

Lol love this.

Impossible. Can't happen on Obama's watch.

Lol love this.

take that BACK!!!!! I am not up for a frozen winter-------....... i am too old to be cold IT's ELDER ABUSE

Lol love this.

take that BACK!!!!! I am not up for a frozen winter-------....... i am too old to be cold IT's ELDER ABUSE
Sure hope we don't have the winter we had last year record breaking cold,shit tons of snow.Killing frost this weekend low twenties with flurries!!! Southerner tier of NY

it's natures way of thinning the conservative herd.

excuse me--------I do not know why there is a perception on this board of me as a
conservative-------just because I was a virgin when I got married DOES NOT MAKE
ME A DAMNED NAZI I was born to a THRU AND THRU democrat family-----
my grandmother marched in ----UNION DEMONSTRATIONS as an adolescent-----
she was born in 1899---------my parents----demos thru and thru------I think
when I was six------I saw strikers marching around -------and I asked her
why they did that----------she answered ---it is a UNION STRIKE----they are
"picketing" so no one can get in. I asked
"do they stop people from going in?" She answered very forcefully
NEVER CROSS A PICKET LINE-----------see? I was even sorta brainwashed---
but I still accept the ethos of my youth

We have a "freeze watch" here although the forecast low will be barely into the 30s. It IS mid-October.

Last year, on October 4th (fourth), it got so cold, not only did I need heat, I had to run the wood stove. Less than a week after September.

Lol love this.

WTF does LOW SOLAR ACTIVITY mean. ----------the sun is down on fusion?

It was 10inches to 24inches of snow every third day in February and March....by the time you got the one storm shoveled out, in came another one....

I have no desire to go through that AGAIN! :(

I'm sure the global warming scientists provided for an ice age to pop up when they were putting their computer models together of how they'd like things to be, so this really isn't anything to be surprised about. Gosh, we're lucky we've got such smart people looking out for us.

The cooling sun culters are financed by big oil companies that want to sell more heating oil.

it's natures way of thinning the conservative herd.

excuse me--------I do not know why there is a perception on this board of me as a
conservative-------just because I was a virgin when I got married DOES NOT MAKE
ME A DAMNED NAZI I was born to a THRU AND THRU democrat family-----
my grandmother marched in ----UNION DEMONSTRATIONS as an adolescent-----
she was born in 1899---------my parents----demos thru and thru------I think
when I was six------I saw strikers marching around -------and I asked her
why they did that----------she answered ---it is a UNION STRIKE----they are
"picketing" so no one can get in. I asked
"do they stop people from going in?" She answered very forcefully
NEVER CROSS A PICKET LINE-----------see? I was even sorta brainwashed---
but I still accept the ethos of my youth

Did you ride around in a pickup truck at night sipping on beer and moonshine with your white sheet robe flopping in the wind? Must have been a high old time for you Democrats back in your glory days with the KKK.

I cannot so much as tolerate the "SCENT" of beer--------I do not recall ever being in a pick-up
truck--------"moonshine" isn't whiskey legal now------I have tasted home brew ONCE.
"white sheet robe" sounds nice-------generally I do flannel "mother hubbards"------
my baby (or the infant kind) loved me to wear them and hold him. ---------KKK?
the don't like JOOOOOOOOS

Global warming is HELL...frozen over.

Lol love this.

WTF does LOW SOLAR ACTIVITY mean. ----------the sun is down on fusion?
the sun has cycles just like the earth it's brightness and heat is variable.
the pseudo science shit Jim blowme is spewing is just that.
fun fact: the sun is closer to the earth in the fall and winter then iit is in spring and summer.

Not that we're at 400PPM CO2, Global Cooling is physically impossible.

Ain't that right mamooth, Crick, Old Rocks and Matthew

So Frank wants attention. Okay Frank, we noticed you. Good job.

Jim is giving us the same "New ice age any day now!" nonsense that so many deniers cling to now. Inconveniently for such true believers, that ice age stubbornly refuses to arrive, and the world keeps warming strongly.

Others can't figure out that precipitation isn't temperature. Snowfall does not indicate cooling. If the temperature rises from 25F to 27F, it still snows.

That illustrates why denialism still lingers at 16% of the US population (and dropping). But we're working on knocking down those numbers, by educating people.

I live in Indiana. The KKK people toned it down, don't admit to being KKK, and just fly Confederate flags now. However, blacks definitely will get DWB stops if they drive through some of the smaller rural towns.

No way man. Global warming beat the new ice age of the 70's and we'll beat this little ice age too.

Arctic Summer cruises 2030!!!!!

Forum List

Back