East coast earthquake

Americans used to pride themselves in taking this stuff in stride but sadly 9-11 changed everything. Ten years after the attack people in the Pentagon allegedly panicked and ran through the halls screaming evacuate when they felt the tremors.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Americans used to pride themselves in taking this stuff in stride but sadly 9-11 changed everything. Ten years after the attack people in the Pentagon allegedly panicked and ran through the halls screaming evacuate when they felt the tremors.

Yes, just a little earthquake, nothing to see here....

Ten years after the attack people in the Pentagon allegedly panicked and ran through the halls screaming evacuate when they felt the tremors.
"allegedly" being the key word there.

Had an after-shock a bit ago. Pretty tame, not much vibration but heard the rumble. Only lasted about 10 sec.

it was planned by george bush and dick chenney.:eusa_whistle:

The government people running? We're fucked..... well the sheeple are anyway.

So THAT'S what was being planned when he was at an "Undisclosed Location"??!!!!

:eusa_shhh:

It's all that fracking we have been doing for the last 50 or 60 years.
You can't keep cracking the rocks deep down and not expect something.

Drilling Down on Fracking Concerns

Most are concerned about the water but I don't think it does anything with the water. It is way too far down and well below the water that we drink.
My concern is cracking the shale rocks and what happens when that shale starts the collapse.

:cuckoo:

Since I live in a coal region, I'm thinking all those giant holes were the coal used to be would have caused more issues.

But what do I know :lol:

I read it was 4 miles down, not near the surface.

It's funny that the news isn't mentioning the Colorado one that just happened last night.

2 upper 5 magnitude earthquakes on what I'm assuming are separate faults happening one after another.

Strange.

That isn't important to the President/media. Those are not the people that are going to be swayed for the next election.

Paranoia is a very terrible thing. Life is full of pitfalls and to live in terror is no life at all. What will happen will happen and we are just along for the ride. It is good to be reminded of how tenuous life is at times. It makes living that more enjoyable.

A 5.8 is moderate. In Calif, only those close to the epicenter would feel it, because when the waves hit another fault, they kinda dissipate. The east coast is one solid plate, so the waves can just keep on going. Also, it was shallow, so folks within 50 miles of the epicenter probably felt a pretty good jolt.

But I've gotta laugh about the east coasts' lack of earthquake awareness. The last thing you do is go running out into the street, so all the glass and debris can rain down on you. Hell, they evacuated nearly every building from NYC to DC! LOL! From what I saw, not even a pane of glass broke in DC or NYC. Might be a few broken windows in Virginia, though.

Wolf Blitzer was funny. His eyes were huge as he described this violant shaking that lasted 25 or 30 seconds. An hour later, they found one of their cameras had been rolling and they caught it on film. When they showed the film, I lol'd! It showed a piece of studio scenery jiggling for about 4 seconds. That's it. Four seconds. Hell, when I was a kid an earthquake threw the entire bed across a carpeted floor, with me in it! Now THAT is an earthquake. :D

Well, whether it bounced the camera around or not, you could feel it shaking for more than 30 seconds. The general consensus in the office is 40 seconds. It sort of started slow like a train rolling by and built. At the very end it intensified and felt like a roll and then stopped.

In Virginia, it apparently took out power to one nuke plant. So, there was some damage of some sort along the power lines. None aside from National Cathedral and one embassy in the city that I have heard of. Nothing at my house got knocked off the wall or anything.

Definitely right about quake preparedness here. Nobody had a clue about what to do. We were joking about calling our Orange county, CA office for instructions.

Yeah, 30-40 seconds is average for a moderate quake. I was actually trying to mock Blitzer for claiming that they had film footage showing the full extent of the shaking... and the footage only last four freaking seconds!

Apparently I worded it poorly, because you're not the only one who misunderstood my meaning. Apologies to anyone else I inadvertently offended. I've been through many moderate earthquakes, and they definitely get your attention.

Paranoia is a very terrible thing. Life is full of pitfalls and to live in terror is no life at all. What will happen will happen and we are just along for the ride. It is good to be reminded of how tenuous life is at times. It makes living that more enjoyable.

in other words prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

yes they had all the faultline on the eastern seaboard wired with explosives. Fortuinly half of them didn't go off.

Amazing when the government is involved they can't even do that right.:lol:

Whew!!!

That can only mean that Biden dispatched Seal Team 4 to dismantle the elaborate system and we should all feel fortunate and saved!!

:clap2:

yes they had all the faultline on the eastern seaboard wired with explosives. Fortuinly half of them didn't go off.

Amazing when the government is involved they can't even do that right.:lol:

Whew!!!

That can only mean that Biden dispatched Seal Team 4 to dismantle the elaborate system and we should all feel fortunate and saved!!

:clap2:

oh damn plugs foiled darth vaders evil plan

You must always prepare for an eventuality. I always have a jump charger/air compressor in my car along with tools and extra clothes and blanket. Prepared for what may never happen but if it does I am ready. I've been laying out in a field freezing my ass off because I wasn't prepared and I learned from it.

You must always prepare for an eventuality. I always have a jump charger/air compressor in my car along with tools and extra clothes and blanket. Prepared for what may never happen but if it does I am ready. I've been laying out in a field freezing my ass off because I wasn't prepared and I learned from it.

you aren't prepared enough.
You need to have some water and food in storage. and at least one 5 gallon can of gas.
If your law allows keep a firearm in the trunk of your car or locked in your glove box with a box of ammo. And one of those hand held walkie talkies you can get at walmart. or any sporting gun shop you have.

Forum List

Back