East coast earthquake

I was 300 miles away, approximately and felt it. It was similar to the tremors I felt when in Alaska (not a quake). I was surprised, not something you see on the east coast. I was amazed that I felt it, being that far away. Two of my co-workers, also noticed it.

Americans used to pride themselves in taking this stuff in stride but sadly 9-11 changed everything. Ten years after the attack people in the Pentagon allegedly panicked and ran through the halls screaming evacuate when they felt the tremors.

Yes, just a little earthquake, nothing to see here....

it was planned by george bush and dick chenney.:eusa_whistle:

No way, man...this is proof positive of man made global warming.

The seismograph data was shaped like a hockey stick.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
OFFICIAL STATEMENT REALEASED BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, STRAIGHT FROM THE GOLF COURSE ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD:

"My fellow americans all along the east coast. I fully understand you're scared, as am I.....I want to make this perfectly clear to all of you. I have instructed the scientists at the USGS to fully investigate this incident, and to come up with the means to provide full warning before the "BUSH FAULT" yet agains releases it's energy......Thank you, and may god be with you during this trying time in our nations history"

END OF OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, FROM THE GOLF COURSE AT MARTHA'S VINEYARD

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT REALEASED BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, STRAIGHT FROM THE GOLF COURSE ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD:

"My fellow americans all along the east coast. I fully understand you're scared, as am I.....I want to make this perfectly clear to all of you. I have instructed the scientists at the USGS to fully investigate this incident, and to come up with the means to provide full warning before the "BUSH FAULT" yet agains releases it's energy......Thank you, and may god be with you during this trying time in our nations history"

END OF OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, FROM THE GOLF COURSE AT MARTHA'S VINEYARD

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

You mean Obama defeated Kadaffy from the golf course!

Man, that man is good!!!

Get your wife to slap you - hard - across the face.

Trust me, I'm a Californian. We know about these things.

Oh, and a 5.8.... that's not an earthquake.... it's hardly even a tremor where I come from.

Wimps.

I used peppermint oil on my forehead. I'm good now.

No spousal abuse is needed.:lol:

bitch

:):eusa_whistle:

Peppermint oil? What are you? A girl?

I did not have you down as a baby, 2Ts.

I have skills that put me a little short of being an aromatherapist.

The only day that I didn't have the TV/news on ... there's an earthquake and I knew nothing about it until last night. My daughter who lives in Richmond called me to thank me for all the care and concern I had for her. I think everybody she knows called her to see if she was ok.

The only call she didn't get was the one from her mother. I know I will be hearing about that for the rest of my life. *sighs*

Everyone was fine - the house shook and she didn't know what was happening, plus the dogs were none too happy with the situation.

Years ago I lived about 5 minutes from Mineral and maybe 5 or 10 miles from Lake Anna when the nuclear plant was being built. Sure, people had a lot of concerns, but I'm not aware of any major life threatening occurrence at Lake Anna. In fact, it is quite a vacation place for people who like water.

BREAKING NEWS:

President Obama has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".

National Park Service spokesman Bill Line confirmed to Fox News that there is a four-foot-long by one-inch-wide crack on the Washington Monument. The crack is located at the very top of the monument on the west side of the pyramidion, the four-sided pyramid portion of the building. The crack is not visible to the naked eye when one is looking at it from the ground.

Washington Monument Remains Closed After Earthquake - FoxNews.com

A 5.8 is moderate. In Calif, only those close to the epicenter would feel it, because when the waves hit another fault, they kinda dissipate. The east coast is one solid plate, so the waves can just keep on going. Also, it was shallow, so folks within 50 miles of the epicenter probably felt a pretty good jolt.

But I've gotta laugh about the east coasts' lack of earthquake awareness. The last thing you do is go running out into the street, so all the glass and debris can rain down on you. Hell, they evacuated nearly every building from NYC to DC! LOL! From what I saw, not even a pane of glass broke in DC or NYC. Might be a few broken windows in Virginia, though.

Wolf Blitzer was funny. His eyes were huge as he described this violant shaking that lasted 25 or 30 seconds. An hour later, they found one of their cameras had been rolling and they caught it on film. When they showed the film, I lol'd! It showed a piece of studio scenery jiggling for about 4 seconds. That's it. Four seconds. Hell, when I was a kid an earthquake threw the entire bed across a carpeted floor, with me in it! Now THAT is an earthquake. :D
I was living in Burbank when the Northridge Quake hit. My future wife and I were renting a lil' house in the foothills. We were dead asleep when all oven a sudden I was picked up, thrown over my wife, slammed into the window air conditioner next to our bed, and then thrown about 6 feet back over my wife onto the bedroom floor........You could literally feel the shockwaves hitting the foothills and reverberating back towards nothridge and the epicenter. That lil' house was literall hanging off the foundation. Needless to say, we had to move........My brother was living in Winnetka, literally a half mile from the epicenter. I couldn't get hold of him, and was seeing the devestation on the news in his area. Driving across the valley was as surreal as any war zone i've been in......Just devastation everywhere. Literally 50 to 100 foot flames shooting in the air from broken gas mains...Streets literally looked like someone took a knife and just ripped 'em, wide open. My brothers neighborhood was just decimated. I pulled up into his driveway, and literally half of his house was gone. Only the garage and bedroom areas remained....He was standing there in the front yard with his wife and two kids, and all four of 'em were just dazed and in shock.

Yep, crazy friggin' times indeed.

5.9?.....Pffft, whimps!:cool:

The Northridge quake was my first, too. But we lived in Santa Monica at the time and didn't get the full brunt, other than dishes flying around and the bed violently shaking. I woke up screaming, but my oh so brave husband simply said "It's just an earthquake," and started chuckling at my hysteria. He was also a huge Johnny Carson fan, and that evening when Carson began talking about the quake, I'll never forget his words: "Anyone who wasn't scared s-less, is lying." That's when I looked at husband and had my own chuckle.

...voluntarily, by the way, as a precaution. We aren't evacuating the state just yet.

It was actually scarcely noticeable on the road. My car did that weird swaying kinda thing like when you're on a bridge and a big truck goes by, or there are really strong winds. cept there was no wind or truck.

Be glad you weren't on a freeway that buckled right in front of you, like the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) did near Century City in 1994.
How about the LAPD motor officer who went right off the end of a bridge when the 14/5 interchange collapsed in Newhall, while he was on his way to work that morning?

Hell of a way to die.

Indeed. When things like that happen, it confirms my belief in fate. Yup, your time here is up right now, this very minute. Scary.

Am I the only one who thinks the media is riding this thing to death?

Probably because most of the pundits seem to have never personally experienced one. It changes the entire framework of any discussion. Andrea Mitchell must have described what happened when she was doing her 1PM show on every following program the entire day. I mean WE KNOW, ANDREA!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks the media is riding this thing to death?

The media rides everthing to death.

But it is a pretty big deal.

Criminy, I'm in Pennsylvania and every other commercial "Tonight at 11: Yes we still had an earthquake."

Well for a day anyway, it was nice to have a change of pace from the incessant discussions over what Congress and the President SHOULD DO when they return from vacation. Lawmakers and staff are pretty much MIA until September, so the pundits needed a diversion. I'm just glad it wasn't some important figure dying or something as the diversion. It was "only" an earthquake.

Yes, just a little earthquake, nothing to see here....

it was planned by george bush and dick chenney.:eusa_whistle:

So THAT'S what was being planned when he was at an "Undisclosed Location"??!!!!

:eusa_shhh:

He was in his private "war room," which apparently he explains in his book due on the shelves in a few days. When Bush made the decision to stay in the classroom and not make immediate decisions, Cheney took over. I'm not saying that was the wrong decision, however. Bush also will describe his recollection of that morning, as well as his decision, in an upcoming interview for National Geographic TV, I believe sometime next week. Check your guide.

I've never thought Bush's decision not to freak out those children was the right one. There are always plenty of high-profile advisors who are capable of jumping into action and not just sitting around picking their noses waiting for a split moment decision by the CIC.

Forum List

Back