Easing Dodd Frank, what has Trump done for you??

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that had nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Mr. Trump said in the State Dining Room during his meeting with business leaders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow it because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

Trump Begins Assault on Dodd-Frank Financial Regulations

Seems to me he is working for the elites since being in office, and will probably relax bankruptcy laws as well.
Get ready for a huge bailout coming when he leaves office, remember the last one??

He will be easing taxes on the wealthy next week, doubt us average joes will see any cuts. You have so been
taken. You can say your sorry when its all over, no sense hearing it everyday from you Trumpers.

He's not going to give "minorities" interest only home loans because he feels sorry for them

If they are friends of Tramp, they are probably bad credit risks like he is!!!

We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that had nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Mr. Trump said in the State Dining Room during his meeting with business leaders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow it because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

Seems to me he is working for the elites since being in office, and will probably relax bankruptcy laws as well.
Get ready for a huge bailout coming when he leaves office, remember the last one??

He will be easing taxes on the wealthy next week, doubt us average joes will see any cuts. You have so been
taken. You can say your sorry when its all over, no sense hearing it everyday from you Trumpers.

The Bush bailout that saved the banking system and made a $70 billion profit for the US Treasury?
Yeah, that was awful.

He will be easing taxes on the wealthy next week, doubt us average joes will see any cuts.

He wants to cut all taxes.

He will be easing taxes on the wealthy next week, doubt us average joes will see any cuts.

Then again, in 2015 only 112M Americans paid taxes (from SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Filing Status ) out of the total 254M working age adults in the U.S. (from Civilian Noninstitutional Population ) --that's less than half. So Penelpe's probably right: since the 'average Joe' doesn't pay taxes to begin with, he will not see a tax 'cut'.

otoh, he probably won't be paying any more either.

Most of the banking industry raised fees as a result of Dodd-Frank, much thanks also to the Durbin Amendment which belongs to this act.

• Free checking, gone.
  • Debit card rewards, gone.
  • Higher overdraft fees.
  • Debated, but ultimately squashed debit monthly fees.
  • EMV complications with debit cards due to routing requirements.

If Dodd-Frank is repealed, I'd like to see debit card rewards return, along with banks offering an option for a free checking account.

I'm all for it.

Some of Dodd-Frank is good, but much of it just strangles credit into the economy. The amount of compliance and box-checking that is going on is ridiculous.

I read a report recently that concluded that starting a business in America is now harder than in most countries in the OECD. That's a travesty.

Without Dodd-Frank, everybody can merge with everybody. Welcome to the end of uncornered commodity markets. This goes for the credit card industry too. Do you think you will be allowed to pay off a credit card balance and close an account in the future? Good luck. Hehehe.

The Bush bailout that saved the banking system and made a $70 billion profit for the US Treasury?
Yeah, that was awful.

And that started the tea party, GOP were do anti the bail out. How many jobs did Obama save, thousands.

As far as I can see he is taking away the 10% tax bracket, making it 12% and just having a standard deduction cutting out personal deductions. It will benefit the wealthy, they do not need a tax cut, and well those like him do not pay taxes, that makes him smart remember.

I'm all for it.

Some of Dodd-Frank is good, but much of it just strangles credit into the economy. The amount of compliance and box-checking that is going on is ridiculous.

I read a report recently that concluded that starting a business in America is now harder than in most countries in the OECD. That's a travesty.

Look up Carl Icahn, and look at how many businesses that he has taken over, his is known as a takeover man. Read his bio on Wiki. Of course its harder for a small person to grow in a start up business, most start ups have always failed,
he is talking about his buds, those that have money. Now he had a problem because of his bankruptcies. He was a credit risk, look how he had to finance the lease and remodel of the PO in Washington. What a charlatan. Trump has ruined many a small businesses by stiffing them.

Most of the banking industry raised fees as a result of Dodd-Frank, much thanks also to the Durbin Amendment which belongs to this act.

• Free checking, gone.
  • Higher overdraft fees.

If Dodd-Frank is repealed, I'd like to see debit card rewards return, along with banks offering an option for a free checking account.

Let see we have a free checking accounts and debit and CC rewards.

He's not going to give "minorities" interest only home loans because he feels sorry for them

Its starting back up, easing lending practices, has been the last couple years.

Yeah, that was awful.

And that started the tea party, GOP were do anti the bail out. How many jobs did Obama save, thousands.

As far as I can see he is taking away the 10% tax bracket, making it 12% and just having a standard deduction cutting out personal deductions. It will benefit the wealthy, they do not need a tax cut, and well those like him do not pay taxes, that makes him smart remember.

And that started the tea party,

It wasn't what Bush did, it's what Obama talked about doing.

How many jobs did Obama save, thousands.

And all for the bargain price of $9 trillion plus added to the debt.

As far as I can see he is taking away the 10% tax bracket,

Is that the bracket Bush created when libs said he only cut taxes for the top 1%?

It will benefit the wealthy, they do not need a tax cut

Lower income people don't benefit when the top rates are cut? Are you sure?

• Free checking, gone.
  • Higher overdraft fees.

Let see we have a free checking accounts and debit and CC rewards.

Credit unions have free checking accounts. While it's easy to avoid the fee, the point is you have to jump through hoops to get something for free when they used to just be free without those requirements thanks to some buffoon from Illinois.

What debit card has rewards from a big bank? It seems you've stooped to a new low when it comes to IQ, Penelope. Last time I checked my Chase debit card wasn't paying me rewards points or cash back for debit card purchases.

Forum List

Back