Earthquake!!!

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
There was an earthquake this morning at 3:59 am in my neck of the woods. The center was between DeKalb and Sycamore, Illinois which is about 40 miles northeast of where I live. They reported very slight damage from the 4.1 shaker. I didn't feel it at all where I live but my neighbor who has chickens and he said they made a lot of noise about that time this morning and haven't laid an egg all day! Up-date: He just called me on the phone and said he has retrieved 4 eggs from his layers and oddly enough, they were already scrambled inside the shell. That has given him a marketing idea. If he puts the eggs on a shaker prior to boxing them up to sell he can sell them as "Pre-scrambled eggs". Wonder if this would catch on?

This belongs in humor. I was in a 6.7 earthquake in Alaska and it was the most bizarre thing I have ever experienced. The earth rolled and shook in a manner that looked like a toy scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fq6dkeXc3g]YouTube - Earthquake Hits Northern Illinois[/ame]

Forum List

Back