Early vote live thread

Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 3,841,020 votes or 8.3% of the total 2012 early vote.

Georgia early vote demographics (10/20)

White: 270,554 (62.5%)
African-American: 122,660 (28.4%)
Hispanic: 4,124 (1.0%)
Other: 7,058 (1.6%)
Unknown: 28,217 (6.5%)

Last edited:
Hillary’s VP, Sen. Tim Kaine, Tells Ohioans 2016 Election In ‘The Palm Of Their Hands’

“Voter turnout in Franklin County, home to state capital Columbus, is robust with more than 9,300 votes cast in person in the first four days, a 80 percent boost over the same period in 2012. Democrats have invested heavily in vote by mail efforts, and that appears to be paying off. The five Ohio counties with the largest vote by mail requests so far are Cuyahoga [home to Cleveland], Franklin, Hamilton [home to Cincinnati], Montgomery [home to Dayton] and Summit. Together they account for more than 40 percent of current ballot requests across the entire state. These five counties are likely to go for Hillary Clinton by similar or larger margins than President Obama’s 2012 results.”

Indiana: Democrats leading the early voting surge according to survey
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — With the excitement surrounding the election, it should be no surprise that early voting numbers are up.

In Marion County, the clerk’s office is averaging about 900 voters per day. At this point in 2012 it was closer to 700.

According to the WISH-TV/Ball State Hoosier survey, one particular party has more early voters.

When the 800 Hoosiers surveyed were asked who they plan to vote for, about 43 percent of them said Donald Trump, while 37 percent said Hillary Clinton.

But when asked if a person had already early voted the results flipped.
Trump had only 29 percent of early voters in the survey while Clinton climbed ahead to 59 percent.

After looking at other races in the survey, it appears democrats are casting their ballots earlier than republicans.

Democrats leading the early voting surge according to survey

Come on Democrats!

CvQwBqlUkAIKqOJ.jpg

Matthew, I certainly hope you are not beginning to tire in the crusade to keep USMB updated on the progress of this election. How undemocratic of you that would be. Stick to it lad, only 18 days to go, give or take. I would offer to help, except, I do not have a dog in this fight. Simply put, I could not care any less. Americans will receive that which they have earned and deserve.

I am an undecided voter holding an absentee ballot. I have no idea who to vote for. Whats the best argument to sway my vote?
Trump is mentally and emotionally unstable, morally bankrupt, no integrity, vile, racist, and a man who statistically lies much more than he tells the truth.
OK, so that's the kind of stuff that has caused me to hesitate. I have been leaning toward Trump and wanted him to give me a way to overlook stuff like that (of course, I don't quite agree with the level of your descriptions of those tendencies). And guess what -- TODAY he did that! Get a transcript or youtube (Drudgereport) of his speech today and it was awesome! The Gettysberg speech should make the difference for us wavering. Look at what he is going to do for the country. Look beyond what others want you to dwell on. I have my answer now, I am sending my ballot in for TRUMP!

Total number of ballots cast in all reporting jurisdictions: 5,661,431 votes or 12.2% of the 2012 early vote.

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict
Gotta be pretty darn happy w these numbers if you're HRC
Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn
The first day of in-person early voting in North Carolina:
Dem 52.7, Rep 24.3
White 67, Black 27.8
Female 55.1, Male 43.5

I am an undecided voter holding an absentee ballot. I have no idea who to vote for. Whats the best argument to sway my vote?
Check out the thread on Trump's Oct 22 speech on what he'll do in the 1st 100 days. That will make up your mind.

Early voting started today in Nevada. I still haven't received my sample ballot and am trying to figure who and what I want to vote for in the downballot sections such as Initiates, State positions, and judges. I will vote next week for certain.

I am in no big rush to vote. Gives others a chance for their false hopes. Keeps them on their toes and chewing their finger nails.

Wisconsin absentee ballot data 10/21

Dane and Milwaukee Counties comprise 29% of the overall absentee ballots. They comprised 26% of the overall Wisconsin vote in 2012. These are the heavy Dem counties.

Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington Counties (WOW counties) comprise 12.3% of the overall absentee ballots. They comprised 12.3% of the overall Wisconsin vote in 2012. These are the heavy GOP counties.

Ralston: Dems with 1,800 voter advantage on the first day of early voting in Washoe (the swing county in NV). About 4800 Dems to 3000 Repubs

Jon Ralston on Twitter
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/790009366321639424

gop turnout down in swing country with republican reg. edge in NV

More democrats than republicans voted today in @washoecounty. Dems=4,809. Reps=3,078
KOLO Colin Lygren on Twitter

9,429 people voted today in @washoecounty. That's just 18 more people than the first day of early voting in the 2012 General Election (9411)
KOLO Colin Lygren on Twitter

More on Washoe:

Jon Ralston
‏@RalstonReports
Huge day for Dems on first day in Washoe:
2012: 1,000 raw-vote difference, 10-point D edge
2016: 1,800 raw-vote difference, 19-point D edge

Last edited:

Forum List

Back