Eagles.......This Fall, We Rise!

I've heard it said on this MB that one player cannot lose a game or WTTE. Not true. That one receiver, Mathews I believe, totally screwed the Eagles. He alone sabotaged Stafford's brave attempts to get the team down field and in the end zone. What mystifies me is why a player performing that badly is left in the game. ANY receiver is better than one that drops every ball in his direction. Kelly apparently does not believe in the saying "next man up".

Not only is Matthews not the only one dropping balls, there's also whether they were put in the best spot by Bradford (Stafford is the Lion's QB), why the game is dependent upon the couple of plays where Matthews drops the ball, etc..

One player can certainly screw up badly, even end a drive, but an entire game? Only a QB can even come close to doing that alone. :)

I've heard it said on this MB that one player cannot lose a game or WTTE. Not true. That one receiver, Mathews I believe, totally screwed the Eagles. He alone sabotaged Stafford's brave attempts to get the team down field and in the end zone. What mystifies me is why a player performing that badly is left in the game. ANY receiver is better than one that drops every ball in his direction. Kelly apparently does not believe in the saying "next man up".

Not only is Matthews not the only one dropping balls, there's also whether they were put in the best spot by Bradford (Stafford is the Lion's QB), why the game is dependent upon the couple of plays where Matthews drops the ball, etc..

One player can certainly screw up badly, even end a drive, but an entire game? Only a QB can even come close to doing that alone. :)

Just because the QB always touches the ball doesn't mean he is the only one responsible for failure. Does Stafford call the plays?

Russell Wilson doesn't call the plays for the Hawks. Even when he checks off to another play at the LOS and the defense is playing tricks the alternate play is scripted by the OC.

7 dropped balls in one game is plenty of enough failure to destroy a game plan. It's not like Stafford's passes were terribly thrown. Most of the drops were RIGHT in the hands of his receivers.

I'm not a big fan of the Eagles. I just know a screw up when I see it and in yesterday's game Stafford did his job. His receivers were easily directly responsible for losing at least two TDs. That kid Mathews I believe was the worst receiver performance I have ever seen at the NFL level.

I'll take Florida vs Eagles. ;)

eagle%20and%20crocodile%201.JPG

eagle%20and%20crocodile%202.JPG

"As the sun set over the river, there was one less eagle in existence. While this was quite a sad event to witness, it did re-enforce how quickly the crocodile sensed an opportunity, and how quickly it responded. As it moved in for the kill, the crocodile disappeared from one side of the river and swam under water to arrive almost instantly at its prey."

Just because the QB always touches the ball doesn't mean he is the only one responsible for failure. Does Stafford call the plays?

Russell Wilson doesn't call the plays for the Hawks. Even when he checks off to another play at the LOS and the defense is playing tricks the alternate play is scripted by the OC.

7 dropped balls in one game is plenty of enough failure to destroy a game plan. It's not like Stafford's passes were terribly thrown. Most of the drops were RIGHT in the hands of his receivers.

I'm not a big fan of the Eagles. I just know a screw up when I see it and in yesterday's game Stafford did his job. His receivers were easily directly responsible for losing at least two TDs. That kid Mathews I believe was the worst receiver performance I have ever seen at the NFL level.

Stafford is the Lions QB! :lol:

I didn't say the QB would lose the game alone, just that he is the player who can come closest to doing so.

Those 7 dropped balls were not all Matthews, again showing how Matthews didn't lose the game alone.

Stafford is the Lions QB! :lol:

I didn't say the QB would lose the game alone, just that he is the player who can come closest to doing so.

Those 7 dropped balls were not all Matthews, again showing how Matthews didn't lose the game alone.

You are right. I was getting confused which name of QB we were talking about. I meant Bradford.

I just returned from a vacation in Flagstaff. Golf was great the first half of the week, sightseeing good the second half. Yup, Eagles are mid-tier, cannot disagree........Yupp!......Yupp!......Yupp!

Eagles Benny Logan has called out the Cowgirlz for being whiners. Stupid move. Sunday nights game is setting up to be a 'smash-mouth' game.

Our offense still needs furthur improvement (still slow out of the gate in the first half) as we should've beaten the Cowgirlz by at least 14 pts..
Feels great to get the W, even tho' the refs did their damndest to side with Dallas late in the game. Both PI calls against Maxwell were pure bullshit. Also, the called on the field fumble, which was overturned, was ridiculous as most of the refs were nearby and on top of the play.
Chris Collingsworth can suck a bleacher full of dicks as he was mum about the bogus PI calls and also failed to replay the blatant hold on the Eagles when Cassel got lucky on the TD toss to Bryant. Instead, the replays only focused on Bryants end zone catch.
I hope Ref. Ed Hochuli never gets assigned another Eagles game.......the same idiot ref who weeks ago told Cam Newton that he "wasn't old enough" to get a call when Cam thought he took a late hit out of bounds. Hochuli lied and denied saying it.
Hochuli needs to retire as he is probably on-the-take, and is at the least, a liar!

The NFL is making professional wrestling look respectable.

Hicks gone for the season and the rest of our depth at ILB is questionable on a weekly basis. I'm worried.

Forum List

Back