Eagles.......This Fall, We Rise!

Eagles are back in black.

Also, since 1980, Eags are 5-0 against Giants on MNF. Since 2008, overall, we're 11-4 vs. G-Men. In the Chip era, 3-1.

(Sorry Pap, you end your bleak week with another loss........:smoke:)

I'm SNIFFING LOTS OF ASS CHEEKS THIS WEEKEND IF THE GIANTS WIN

Did Bradford suck, or what?
Fortunately our defense played an impeccable game, allowing zero points on 4 turnovers. Eli got roughed up, cool, Giants run game got stuffed, cool, Beckham completely shutdown in the 2nd half, cool.
Eagles offensive line improvement, enough for Murray to gain +100 yards, finally.

Also, 1st place!..........double :cool-45::cool-45:.

I'm not feeling real confident about Carolina. We're gonna have to spy Newton and it's gonna leave us vulnerable in pass coverage. If we can establish a run game I think we have a shot but without a run game I don't see Bradford pulling this off. He's zero threat to run so if we don't get our running game going they can just sit back and blanket our shoddy receivers

Nothing makes me angrier than when we have no running game established and we're still running play action. What a waste of a valuable second. And I don't understand why chip runs the read option play at all with Bradford. There's not an NFL defender anywhere that thinks he's gonna keep it and run

I'm feeling a little hesitant about playing Carolina, but, just a little. Keep in mind that Carolina is the weakest undefeated team. Let me get the bad stuff outta the way, first. Carolina has a high ranked pass defense, so Bradford has to limit the interceptions. We don't have a real deep ball anymore, so just nix that out of the game plan. One thing is certain tho', we have to rely on our run game........no more if's, can's, or but's!
Now, for the good stuff. Our defense is especially good at stopping the run, which is Carolinas' strength. Cam will have to get pass happy which will create multiple sacks (thanks, Fletcher!) and turnovers from our very fast defense.
I'd like to say that we will win by 17, but I'm not a total fool. I see a close game with the Eags prevailing by 3. Vegas has Carolina favored at that ugly 3 number, but I think we are a slight underlay, tho' very slight.

They're just giving them 3 for being at home so for all intents and purposes Vegas doesn't wanna touch this one and it's a pick em. We're gonna really see what this defense is made of this week though and if we're for real. I hope kendricks can play because that would really take some pressure off the gameplan for containing Newton.

They're just giving them 3 for being at home so for all intents and purposes Vegas doesn't wanna touch this one and it's a pick em. We're gonna really see what this defense is made of this week though and if we're for real. I hope kendricks can play because that would really take some pressure off the gameplan for containing Newton.

Defense is for real, in my mind, no doubt........it's the running game that is the big question mark combined with Bradfords' lack of accuracy, so far.

Defense is for real, in my mind, no doubt........it's the running game that is the big question mark combined with Bradfords' lack of accuracy, so far.
We're only 2 weeks removed from that pathetic performance against Washington. I need to see a little more still.

If you know football, then you already know about the offensive changes, so the points will come under the Chip Kelly system.

So, I'll start with the defensive backs.
Maxwell, Walter Thurmond III, E.J. Biggars (with a name like that, you just got to be an Eagle!). Now, you can exhale.

After them, we have Kendricks, Alonso, Brandon Graham, and draftee Jordan Hicks (whose gonna be a big talent).

On the defensive line, we made little changes, cause if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

So, I'll digress. We will be one of the best defensive groups in the NFL this year. Oh, and did I mention, we'll score too!

Be afraid, be very afraid.........especially if you are a 'Cowgirlz' fan.
I was just reading this and Jenkins intercepted. You didn't even mention him.

But your team is losing to the undefeated panthers.

Eagles are a tier 2 football team at best.

I'm feeling a little hesitant about playing Carolina, but, just a little. Keep in mind that Carolina is the weakest undefeated team. Let me get the bad stuff outta the way, first. Carolina has a high ranked pass defense, so Bradford has to limit the interceptions. We don't have a real deep ball anymore, so just nix that out of the game plan. One thing is certain tho', we have to rely on our run game........no more if's, can's, or but's!
Now, for the good stuff. Our defense is especially good at stopping the run, which is Carolinas' strength. Cam will have to get pass happy which will create multiple sacks (thanks, Fletcher!) and turnovers from our very fast defense.
I'd like to say that we will win by 17, but I'm not a total fool. I see a close game with the Eags prevailing by 3. Vegas has Carolina favored at that ugly 3 number, but I think we are a slight underlay, tho' very slight.
I would have taken cam and no points. Philly doesn't have a good enough offence from what I'm seeing. It's still a game though.

I'm rooting for Carolina. Why? I don't know. I like cam Newton. And I'm a lions fan so I'm bitter.

This team just isn't good enough man. We have zero threat out wide and when Jordan Matthews actually DOES get open up the middle he drops the ball. This is reminding me of when we were trying to run an offense with James TRASH and Todd STINKSTON. Only difference is we had mcnabb who could keep drives alive with his legs. There's nothing to hope for this season man. And that's not Negadelphia that's just being real.

Bradford was just a bad move this offseason. I get what chip was hoping for, but he's just not good enough. At one point earlier in his career he looked like he could be great but idk if it's the injuries or this offense or what, but he's not going to get any better than this. The good news is we don't owe him any more money after this season and we can go back to the drawing board. If I'm chip I'm saving some money for a big name out wide though because unless you bring Aaron Rodgers in here no ones gonna thrive with this group of receivers were working with.

Pro Football is way overrated.

But, if I cared, there are three teams I love to see lose:

Philly
Washington
San Francisco

I've heard it said on this MB that one player cannot lose a game or WTTE. Not true. That one receiver, Mathews I believe, totally screwed the Eagles. He alone sabotaged Stafford's brave attempts to get the team down field and in the end zone. What mystifies me is why a player performing that badly is left in the game. ANY receiver is better than one that drops every ball in his direction. Kelly apparently does not believe in the saying "next man up".

I've heard it said on this MB that one player cannot lose a game or WTTE. Not true. That one receiver, Mathews I believe, totally screwed the Eagles. He alone sabotaged Stafford's brave attempts to get the team down field and in the end zone. What mystifies me is why a player performing that badly is left in the game. ANY receiver is better than one that drops every ball in his direction. Kelly apparently does not believe in the saying "next man up".
It's every week man. This week it was 7 drops which is a team record and most by and NFL team in a long time. But every week it's at least 4 or 5 and it's ALWAYS a drive stalling drop. It's in their heads now it's like a chuck knoblach syndrome kind of thing. But I'm not gonna pretend that it's our only problem. Bradford isn't good enough to throw receivers open right now even if they ARE catching everything.

Not only that, but there really is no next man up with receivers. You're usually lucky just to have 1 that can get open frequently. This week miles Austin stepped up and got open at crucial times to get first downs but there's really nothing else we can use. Riley cooper is a starting wide receiver on this team. That tells you right there how bad it is. I wish I had access to game tape so I could see the routes these guys are running. You don't get to see that shit on tv. I'm imagining Riley cooper out running routes like randy moss when he takes a play off.

Not only that, but there really is no next man up with receivers. You're usually lucky just to have 1 that can get open frequently. This week miles Austin stepped up and got open at crucial times to get first downs but there's really nothing else we can use. Riley cooper is a starting wide receiver on this team. That tells you right there how bad it is. I wish I had access to game tape so I could see the routes these guys are running. You don't get to see that shit on tv. I'm imagining Riley cooper out running routes like randy moss when he takes a play off.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with Russell Wilson and our receivers. Our guys RARELY drop a ball if it is clearly within their reach.

I feel for you putting your heart and soul into your team and have them, the receivers, perform so badly.

I remember last season in the NFC Championship game against Green Bay Wilson threw FOUR INTS..three in the first half. Thing is that the receivers were covered real closely and the ints , except for one poor throw were just out of reach and the balls were tipped by our guys and luckily for GB their defenders just happened to be in great position to get the wounded quails. Nobody really railed on our receivers or even Wilson for that matter because the coverage was tight and it was just that very good coverage that forced the errant passes.

That example COULD be compared to what happened yesterday because the stats look the same. Thing is that when Wilson gets the ball to an open receiver they almost NEVER drop it if it is within their normal ability to get both hands on the rock.

We USED to have the same problem when Hasselbeck was our QB. Our whole receiver corps had butter fingers. That shit is just maddening.

Our guys may not be the fleetest(except this new guy Tyler Lockett) but they do hang onto the ball. That at least gives the team a chance on almost every pass play to move the chains.

I mean come ON!!! These players have been doing this since they were 10-12 years old. They were the best in Jr High, the best in high school, the best in college and they made it to the pros. Each one of your receivers beat out at least a thousand kids to get where they are. It just boggles my mind how it is possible that they can drop a well thrown ball at this stage in their careers.

Forum List

Back