dumbest post of all time.

nope I always take credit for my work ..
true I can be stupid and ignorant , then again lots of posters on this board can be nothing else .
yep we all can. those like you who feel the need to perpetuate it are the most classless though.
some body is but hurt by the fact .
how do I perpetuate your ignorance by pointing it out?
nope, punks like you are just punks. I was merely pointing out that along with being a punk you have no class. And you love to show it off on here. You're proud with your version of stupid and classlessness.
first you are no old enough to be calling any not just out of high school a punk.
what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
don't burp or fart in elevators.
am highly educated .
don't put up with bullshit or internet tough guys .
how bout you grow up some before you make bigger ass out of yourself.
I probably am much older than you. And from my personal experience going through life, you behave as a wannabe internet tough guy. We all read your posts. you show us how a punk behaves frequently. And, you have no class here.

I'm not sure what this argument is all about, but I don't think ships have "brakes," at least not what most people would think of when they think of brakes such as your car brakes. They can control their speed and slow way down and eventually come to stop (probably with the help of an anchor or anchors). It should be easy enough to find out for sure with google though. ;)

Duhs want's to display his special brand of ignorance combined with petulance, which is always good for a laugh.

Watercraft fight friction and drag at all times. Without power all boats and ships will slow to the point of being carried by prevailing currents. I have a 19' boat that when coming in to the ramp, if I cut power about 15' from the ramp, I'm slow enough by the time I reach it to jump off and stop the boat by hand, then get it on the trailer.

Duhs is just being duhs, that is to say a complete moron, yapping about shit he doesn't understand while taking posts out of context and imagining himself clever.

But whatchagunna do? :dunno:

nope I always take credit for my work ..
true I can be stupid and ignorant , then again lots of posters on this board can be nothing else .
yep we all can. those like you who feel the need to perpetuate it are the most classless though.
nope, punks like you are just punks. I was merely pointing out that along with being a punk you have no class. And you love to show it off on here. You're proud with your version of stupid and classlessness.
first you are no old enough to be calling any not just out of high school a punk.
what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
am highly educated .
I probably am much older than you. And from my personal experience going through life, you behave as a wannabe internet tough guy. We all read your posts. you show us how a punk behaves frequently. And, you have no class here.
snicker...

I'm not sure what this argument is all about, but I don't think ships have "brakes," at least not what most people would think of when they think of brakes such as your car brakes. They can control their speed and slow way down and eventually come to stop (probably with the help of an anchor or anchors). It should be easy enough to find out for sure with google though. ;)

Duhs want's to display his special brand of ignorance combined with petulance, which is always good for a laugh.

Watercraft fight friction and drag at all times. Without power all boats and ships will slow to the point of being carried by prevailing currents. I have a 19' boat that when coming in to the ramp, if I cut power about 15' from the ramp, I'm slow enough by the time I reach it to jump off and stop the boat by hand, then get it on the trailer.

Duhs is just being duhs, that is to say a complete moron, yapping about shit he doesn't understand while taking posts out of context and imagining himself clever.

But whatchagunna do? :dunno:
not an answer, the friction and drag water craft experience is minimized by their shape.
the you cutting power line has no relevance to the question.

what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
am highly educated .
snicker...
Butterfinger.

what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
am highly educated .
snicker...
Butterfinger.
there's that pesky reading comp problem again.

what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
am highly educated .
snicker...
Butterfinger.
you should get it fixed.

what is class ?
I open doors for women .
don't spit
am highly educated .
snicker...
Butterfinger.
you should get it fixed.
why would I fix your obvious problem?

nothing you've ever posted is fact ..as I've proven on countless occasions.

You are a stupid man.

Ship resistance and propulsion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I provide you facts, but lacking basic intelligence, they have no impact on you.
I already pointed that the resistance encountered by ships is minimized by their design .
from your own post proves me correct "A ship must be designed to move efficiently through the water with a minimum of external force. For thousands of years ship designers and builders of sailing vessels used rules of thumb based on the midship-section area to size the sails for a given vessel. The hull form and sail plan for the clipper ships, for example, evolved from experience, not from theory. It was not until the advent of steam power and the construction of large iron ships in the mid-19th century that it became clear to ship owners and builders that a more rigorous approach was needed.

Stopping a Ship: Why Ships Cannot Have Brakes?
Facebook
Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest

August 12, 2015 by Soumya Chakraborty 7 Comments

A very common question regarding ships has been – if they can brake to stop like any other automobile or aeroplane on ground. The answer, as we all know, is “NO”, and that is not what this article focuses on. The article delves into the reasons behind the answer- Why cannot a ship brake itself to stop? And if it cannot, how do ships stop at all?

To understand the answer behind this question we first need to know how a brake works? The working principle of a brake is that it creates friction between the wheel and a stationary body (generally the brake shoe) to stop the rotatory motion of the wheel, with respect to the surface with which the wheel is in contact.

Here’s a video on how car brakes work:

Extrapolate this concept to a moving ship – there are no wheels in this case, given the fact that a ship propels itself in water by a propeller that is located at its stern. Now when a propeller rotates, it generates a thrust which propels the ship in the forward direction. The most vital thing to note here is that the hull of the ship moves in a fluid medium and hence it is not possible to instantly bring a ship to stop, given the shearing tendency of water medium

You are a stupid man.

I provide you facts, but lacking basic intelligence, they have no impact on you.
I already pointed that the resistance encountered by ships is minimized by their design .
from your own post proves me correct "A ship must be designed to move efficiently through the water with a minimum of external force. For thousands of years ship designers and builders of sailing vessels used rules of thumb based on the midship-section area to size the sails for a given vessel. The hull form and sail plan for the clipper ships, for example, evolved from experience, not from theory. It was not until the advent of steam power and the construction of large iron ships in the mid-19th century that it became clear to ship owners and builders that a more rigorous approach was needed.
Facebook

A very common question regarding ships has been – if they can brake to stop like any other automobile or aeroplane on ground. The answer, as we all know, is “NO”, and that is not what this article focuses on. The article delves into the reasons behind the answer- Why cannot a ship brake itself to stop? And if it cannot, how do ships stop at all?

To understand the answer behind this question we first need to know how a brake works? The working principle of a brake is that it creates friction between the wheel and a stationary body (generally the brake shoe) to stop the rotatory motion of the wheel, with respect to the surface with which the wheel is in contact.

Extrapolate this concept to a moving ship – there are no wheels in this case, given the fact that a ship propels itself in water by a propeller that is located at its stern. Now when a propeller rotates, it generates a thrust which propels the ship in the forward direction. The most vital thing to note here is that the hull of the ship moves in a fluid medium and hence it is not possible to instantly bring a ship to stop, given the shearing tendency of water medium

BWAHAHAHA

Yes retard, the rest of us grasped this from the start, but you are a troll, and a rather stupid one, so you just wanted to fling shit.

Such is your way.

You are a stupid man.

Facebook

BWAHAHAHA

Yes retard, the rest of us grasped this from the start, but you are a troll, and a rather stupid one, so you just wanted to fling shit.

Such is your way.

so you!

Forum List

Back