Candles

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
I love love candles. Ones I can actually light and burn. But, I am so sensitive to so many of the fragrances.
Right now I am using Village Candles - Creamy Vanilla...which I want to eat, it smells so good.

Anyone like candles? Which ones. I am on the look out, so please link me if you have good ones.

:)

I like floral scent candles (except vanilla. HATE vanilla), but don't burn them much any more. Sinuses. I also read recently that burning scented candles and using household cleansers is a health hazard. I don't need to inhale that shit. So yeah..I have el cheapo candles but only for when the power goes out.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
The power went out earlier this evening due to rain and high winds. We had candles, oil lamps and flashlights. The kids loved it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I used to use Febreeze all the time but then Gracie started with her seizures. I think it was the Febreeze. So...no more. I just open all the windows now, and when I want things to smell fresh, I bring in real jasmine blooms from the plant I have outside. Boiling apples too ripe makes the house smell good too. And just good old fashioned apple cider vinegar mixed with water and spritzed on furniture and carpet does wonders after being cooped up all winter.

I like floral scent candles (except vanilla. HATE vanilla), but don't burn them much any more. Sinuses. I also read recently that burning scented candles and using household cleansers is a health hazard. I don't need to inhale that shit. So yeah..I have el cheapo candles but only for when the power goes out.

I am the opposite. The floral scents...even mild ones kill my sinuses. My vanilla is super soft. Love it.

Heck Everything is a health hazard now days. But, I only use sparingly. The brand I use is expensive.

I used to use Febreeze all the time but then Gracie started with her seizures. I think it was the Febreeze. So...no more. I just open all the windows now, and when I want things to smell fresh, I bring in real jasmine blooms from the plant I have outside. Boiling apples too ripe makes the house smell good too. And just good old fashioned apple cider vinegar mixed with water and spritzed on furniture and carpet does wonders after being cooped up all winter.

Oh apples I can do. Not apple candle, real ones like you mean.

Yes. Love real cinnamon. And vanilla extract as well. Yum.

Darn. Since I made this thread, Candles In The Wind is in my head. :banghead:

The power went out earlier this evening due to rain and high winds. We had candles, oil lamps and flashlights. The kids loved it.

Did you have a storm that caused the power to go out?

Nope. Just really heavy rain. Dayum, we needed it too. We need MORE. Alas...its a one nighter thing cuz it's moving fast to the southeast. Gonna drench Bakersfield and the valley, then head off to Nevada, Arizona and onward from there. Those clouds are FULL. And the wind is right perky as well. Not too bad to lose power but windy enough to push it along at a goodly speed.

We have had a ton of rain, but always do. Especially in winter and spring.

Forum List

Back