Duck Dynasty?

Who stands to lose the most here? A&E will take a major hit without the show. 'Duck Dynasty' Rules A&E, Scores 2013's Top Reality Show Ratings

A&E hasn't dropped the show, so it doesn't stand to lose anything.

Monetarily anyway-- they lost their credibility ten years ago when they started running idiocy like this and Pawn Stars and Hoarders and whatever else is in that vast wasteland...

if you call huge increases in ratings and viewership losing credibility, well then maybe they have.

I guess a male has no reproductive rights. If his rights ends when the event ends, so should the womans. Justify how they should be treated differently by law./QUOTE]

Uhh.......... who do you guess does all the work?

This thread happily has nothing to do with abortion. Let's not take it there.

I didn't bring up the subject I just responded to it, and don't tell me that the woman does all the work, because the guy could be stuck paying for the kid for 18-26 years whether he wants to or not. I'm only asking where is his opportunity to abort his parental obligation? It's about EQUALITY and reproductive rights.

I guess a male has no reproductive rights. If his rights ends when the event ends, so should the womans. Justify how they should be treated differently by law./QUOTE]

Uhh.......... who do you guess does all the work?

This thread happily has nothing to do with abortion. Let's not take it there.

I didn't bring up the subject I just responded to it, and don't tell me that the woman does all the work, because the guy could be stuck paying for the kid for 18-26 years whether he wants to or not. I'm only asking where is his opportunity to abort his parental obligation? It's about EQUALITY and reproductive rights.

When a man can get pregnant and carry a baby to term.
I oppose abortion but this subject has nothing to do with abortion.

Who stands to lose the most here? A&E will take a major hit without the show. 'Duck Dynasty' Rules A&E, Scores 2013's Top Reality Show Ratings

A&E hasn't dropped the show, so it doesn't stand to lose anything.

Monetarily anyway-- they lost their credibility ten years ago when they started running idiocy like this and Pawn Stars and Hoarders and whatever else is in that vast wasteland...

if you call huge increases in ratings and viewership losing credibility, well then maybe they have.

More to the point I'd call it "selling out".

>> A&E was envisioned as a commercial counterpart to PBS, and in its early days focused on such PBS-style programming as the Leonard Bernstein Fidelio, filmed in 1978. Later it began to add programming originally seen on commercial networks, such as reruns of Columbo; Breaking Away; Quincy; The Equalizer; Law & Order; and Night Court. Highbrow British mysteries including Agatha Christie's Poirot; Cracker; Dalziel and Pascoe; Inspector Morse; Lovejoy; Midsomer Murders, the Joan Hickson Miss Marple series and Sherlock Holmes were also featured; several of these series were produced in association with A&E. By 1990, A&E's original programming accounted for 35 to 40 percent of the network's program content.[9]

A&E's signature show was "Biography", a one-hour documentary series that A&E revived in 1987.[10] In 1994, airings of Biography went from weekly broadcasts to airing five nights a week, which helped boost A&E's ratings to record levels.[9] The nightly series became A&E's top-rated show and one of cable television's most notable successes.[10] Biography received primetime Emmy Awards in 1999 and 2002.[11]

In its original format, the network had often shown programming from abroad, particularly BBC network productions from the United Kingdom.[8] Examples of British programming frequently broadcast on the channel included the documentary Freud.[8] However, the broadcast of British programming on A&E has diminished greatly since it began incorporating more reality shows onto its schedule. ...

Its fine arts programming have also been completely removed from the channel's schedule. Thursday nights once featured an anthology series called A&E Stage, hosted by Tammy Grimes and later John Mauceri, which featured telecasts of notable plays, concerts, full-length documentaries related to the arts, and complete operas, although shown with commercials. Such programs as Otto Schenk's 1978 production of Fidelio, with Leonard Bernstein conducting, were rebroadcast on this anthology, as well as an adaptation of Agatha Christie's Spider's Web, starring Penelope Keith, originally broadcast in the UK on December 26, 1982. The final fine arts-related show to air on the network, "Breakfast with the Arts", once featured a higher quantity of classical music than in its final years, and fewer interviews. The show was cancelled in July 2007 <<
(Wiki)

And now it's duck hunters whose idea of fun is "killin' thangs", a day in the life of a pawn shop, losers buying storage lockers full of unknown junk, and a bounty hunter.

Yup. That's what I call selling out.

Last edited:

Ya slid right over the question, so once again, she can make a mistake and have options, but not the guy. So is it time to admit there will never be equality between the sexes, women want equal pay without equal performance. And the commies say that's just fine as long as you vote for them.

Ya slid right over the question, so once again, she can make a mistake and have options, but not the guy. So is it time to admit there will never be equality between the sexes, women want equal pay without equal performance. And the commies say that's just fine as long as you vote for them.

I would bet commies have as much or more problems with women as you and I Tex.
Instead of marrying just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.

He did not slide over the question. He gave you the answer. It's the woman's body to do with as she pleases. When men get pregnant and it's their body, then they will have the choices women now have available.

Last edited:

He did not slide over the question. He gave you the answer. It's the woman's body to do with as she pleases. When men get pregnant and it's their body, then they will have the choices women now have available.

I get it now, no matter if you mess with a fag or a loose woman, the guy just gets fucked in every sense of the word. Only in America.

I get it now, no matter if you mess with a fag or a loose woman, the guy just gets fucked in every sense of the word. Only in America.
So here's some free advice ... don't mess with "fags" or "loose women." That way, you don't "get fucked."

ARRRGGGG!!! Why do folks keep calling that woman a MAN that was preggers??? She is a she. She changed her sex to be a He but kept her inner parts and therefore can give birth. The tabloids screeching about MAN IS PREGNANT is just....stupid. She is NOT A MAN. She is a transexual TO a man but HAS HER FEMALE PARTS.

Dayum.

I saw the "man pregnant" and thought it was about that gal awhile back in all the news. Irked me before and still irks me today, so I did a tiny rant. Musta missed the memo during my mini tantrum. :lol:

Update. And yeah..it makes perfect sense to me that Phil was set up.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson and family lash back at A&E | Mail Online

I read the article, and it appears that Phil is now chastising A&E for NOT infringing on his freedom of speech, since they were present at the interview and did not stop his views from being published by GQ....

Hmmmmm..........?

a) The source was "someone close to the family", so not Phil

b) The idea is that A&E was using this interview as an excuse to suspend Phil because if they really wanted that to not be published so strongly, they wouldn't have allowed said interview to be published since there was an A&E representative there.

I would bet commies have as much or more problems with women as you and I Tex.
Instead of marrying just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.

Lol, heard that one thirty years ago, except it was find a middle aged woman that you cant stand and buy her a house. Just cut to the finish and be done with it?

Still, my wife and my kids are my greatest pleasure in life. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

So here's some free advice ... don't mess with "fags" or "loose women." That way, you don't "get fucked."

Why would anyone want to fuck a fag or a loose woman?

Shit STDs are bad enough for heteros, even if one 'got lucky' one should just say no and go on.

A woman that really loves you and isn't looking for a sugar daddy is a precious thing to find.

Bullshit. If it is TOTALLY the womans choice then she can pick up TOTALLY the damned bills later.

Libtards are the stupidest fucktards on the godamned planet.

And a man not getting pregnant does not mean we have no standing as we still do get those fucking bills and THAT should give us standing.

The woman has the choice by deciding to keep her fucking legs crossed or not.

:smiliehug:

Why would anyone want to fuck a fag or a loose woman?

Shit STDs are bad enough for heteros, even if one 'got lucky' one should just say no and go on.

A woman that really loves you and isn't looking for a sugar daddy is a precious thing to find.
I don't know. You'd have to ask oktexas ... he's the one with the problem. I merely offered some advice to alleviate his pain.

then its about time we do away with that little thing called child support

Forum List

Back