Duck Dynasty?

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Well said Camille, well said. :thup:

“I speak with authority here, because I was openly gay before the ‘Stonewall rebellion,’ when it cost you something to be so. And I personally feel as a libertarian that people have the right to free thought and free speech,” Paglia, a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, said on Laura Ingraham’s radio show Thursday.

“In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality — as I one hundred percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again they have a right of religious freedom there,” she added.

“To express yourself in a magazine in an interview — this is the level of punitive PC, utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist, OK, that my liberal colleagues in the Democratic Party and on college campuses have supported and promoted over the last several decades,” Paglia said. “This is the whole legacy of free speech 1960’s that have been lost by my own party.”

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said. “This is not the mark of a true intellectual life. This is why there is no cultural life now in the U.S. Why nothing is of interest coming from the major media in terms of cultural criticism. Why the graduates of the Ivy League with their A, A, A+ grades are complete cultural illiterates, etc. is because they are not being educated in any way to give respect to opposing view points.”

“There is a dialogue going on human civilization, for heaven sakes. It’s not just this monologue coming from fanatics who have displaced the religious beliefs of their parents into a political movement,” she added. “And that is what happened to feminism, and that is what happened to gay activism, a fanaticism.”

Read more: Paglia: Duck Dynasty uproar 'utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist' | The Daily Caller

Obviously it is fascist.
I may be a minority here by saying I have never seen the show, I have however seen various clips and comments by others in the media that A&E should not have been surprised as the guy has a history of being outspoken and "unfiltered" in his beliefs.
Therefore - what they did is the height of intolerance. However it is par for the course for liberals to be 100% intolerant of any and all opposing views. They have no problem banning it, shouting out others and even trying to make opposing views illegal...or give special rights to those that agree with them.
It is Stalanistic. She is not exaggerating.

Obviously it is fascist.
I may be a minority here by saying I have never seen the show, I have however seen various clips and comments by others in the media that A&E should not have been surprised as the guy has a history of being outspoken and "unfiltered" in his beliefs.
Therefore - what they did is the height of intolerance. However it is par for the course for liberals to be 100% intolerant of any and all opposing views. They have no problem banning it, shouting out others and even trying to make opposing views illegal...or give special rights to those that agree with them.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

You have OpEd pieces by her condemning the boycott of the Dixie Chicks, the firings of Olbermann, Bashir, Baldwin and the suspension of Schultz?

Or are her charges of "fascism" only directed to this?

Thanks in advance.

Obviously it is fascist.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

WTF are you mumbling about?

Obviously it is fascist.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

Other pillowbiters like you.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson uses vile stereotypes to tell GQ his thoughts on LGBT people | GLAAD

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

It's a good thing we have GLAAD to tell us what Christians believe.

What's funny is that Wilson Cruz shows just how stupid he is by saying that A&E and the sponsors should reexamine their ties to the show. It's not their decision is it? Some of the sponsors have already come out in support of Phil Robertson. The Robertson family is negotiating an exit.

I have news for GLAAD, silencing people will not make their opinions go away. In fact, the more GLAAD tries to silence others, the stronger those others get.

Gladd just like the Naacp is not about people's (RIGHTS) anymore

they have become Militant who throws their weight around to take AWAY our freedoms in this country

This thing with A&E should be a wake up for everyone in this country

Obviously it is fascist.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

You said libs want this silly assed show canceled and made illegal.

Who?

Name names or admit you don't have a friggen clue.

Fact is, no one really cares what some backward, ignernt redneck has to say about much of anything.

As for it being "fascist", I wish you fools would look up the meaning of the word and actually think for yourselves but that ain't gonna happen either.

Okay, you can go back to your poor little victim whining crap.

You have OpEd pieces by her condemning the boycott of the Dixie Chicks, the firings of Olbermann, Bashir, Baldwin and the suspension of Schultz?

Or are her charges of "fascism" only directed to this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey shitferbrains, take a gander at which forum this is posted in. I Know multiple syllable words might be too hard for you, but it's called CURRENT EVENTS.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

Who?

Fact is, no one really cares what some backward, ignernt redneck has to say about much of anything.

As for it being "fascist", I wish you fools would look up the meaning of the word and actually think for yourselves but that ain't gonna happen either.

I said nothing of the sort. I said liberals are intolerant with those that disagree with them (you are a fine case in point) I said they do not hesitate to ban OPPOSING VIEWS...if you would read properly - you would see I was not talking specifically about the show.
You can go back to hating again.

Banning the show?

Who is calling for that?

Who?

I'll take Camille Paglia's intelligence over your ignorance any day of the week puddly pillowbite. She knows what she is talking about. You, not so much.

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said.

Spot on. :clap2:

'I think that this intolerance OF gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility'.

As usual, you rw haters are making a mountain out of a molehill. You won't move a muscle to help a hungry child but you'll pull out all the stops to spread your asshole hate. And, its always inn the name of christianity.

He's just an ignernt redneck. The only people who care what he says or thinks are other ignrernt rednecks.

Speaking of which, has $$arah weighed in on this terribly important non-issue yet?

Who?

I said nothing of the sort. I said liberals are intolerant with those that disagree with them (you are a fine case in point) I said they do not hesitate to ban OPPOSING VIEWS...if you would read properly - you would see I was not talking specifically about the show.
You can go back to hating again.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ly-fascist-utterly-stalinist.html#post8325937

Obviously it is fascist.

Yes you did.

================================

Have the nutters said this is a First Amendment issue yet?

They're wrong, of course, but I'll be that's coming.

While I like the idea of coming down hard on them all they represent are backwoods hill billies. They probably are funny to laugh at like that show with the overweight kid in the beauty pageants.

“I think that this intolerance by gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility,” Paglia said.

Spot on. :clap2:

'I think that this intolerance OF gay activists toward the full spectrum of human beliefs is a sign of immaturity, juvenility'.

As usual, you rw haters are making a mountain out of a molehill. You won't move a muscle to help a hungry child but you'll pull out all the stops to spread your asshole hate. And, its always inn the name of christianity.

He's just an ignernt redneck. The only people who care what he says or thinks are other ignrernt rednecks.

Speaking of which, has $$arah weighed in on this terribly important non-issue yet?

You have a little spittle on your chin from that rant pillowbite. Oh wait, that isn't spittle.

While I like the idea of coming down hard on them all they represent are backwoods hill billies. They probably are funny to laugh at like that show with the overweight kid in the beauty pageants.

Hey Assclapias, you might want to educate yourself on the education, business acumen and wealth of said backwoods hillbillies.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Forum List

Back