'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

CNN Fabricating New Papa Phil Controversy

Is Phil Robertson advocating men marry teenage girls?

1.3.2014 |Trey Sanchez |

CNN's Pamela Brown is suggesting that Phil Robertson advises "men to marry women at a very young age." Her proof? At age 20, Papa Phil married his wife, who was 16 at the time.

Brown offered further "proof" by showing footage from 2009 where Robertson, speaking at a sportsman's camp in Georgia, joked about marrying young.

“You wait till they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're about 15 or 16 and they'll pick your ducks."

To highlight the absurdity of what is clearly meant as a joke, Robertson goes on to say, "You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course," however, CNN decided that did not fit their story, so they edited it out.

Here is the video:

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: Girls should carry a Bible and marry 'when they are 15' - YouTube

CNN Fabricating New Papa Phil Controversy | Truth Revolt

Somebody's missing an opportunity here if they're making a point about pedophilia rather than about sexism.

Here's the actually significant line, which comes at 0:56:

"You wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only pickin' that's gonna take place is your pocket".

-- He's not advising marrying very young out of pedophilia; he's advising tying a woman down before she gets old enough to understand what she's doing. The same thinking that tells us to house-train a dog when it's a puppy, rather than later on. It would seem, from this quip at least, that that's how he views women.

The same reason when we have a military draft it goes for 18-year-olds. They need the immaturity that can be indoctrinated without too much questioning.

If you knew anything about what was said and who Phil was talking you you wouldn't seem so stupid.

Hint he was talking to teen age boys about marrying teen age girls.

1.3.2014 |Trey Sanchez |

CNN's Pamela Brown is suggesting that Phil Robertson advises "men to marry women at a very young age." Her proof? At age 20, Papa Phil married his wife, who was 16 at the time.

Brown offered further "proof" by showing footage from 2009 where Robertson, speaking at a sportsman's camp in Georgia, joked about marrying young.

“You wait till they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're about 15 or 16 and they'll pick your ducks."

To highlight the absurdity of what is clearly meant as a joke, Robertson goes on to say, "You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course," however, CNN decided that did not fit their story, so they edited it out.

Here is the video:

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: Girls should carry a Bible and marry 'when they are 15' - YouTube

Somebody's missing an opportunity here if they're making a point about pedophilia rather than about sexism.

"You wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only pickin' that's gonna take place is your pocket".

-- He's not advising marrying very young out of pedophilia; he's advising tying a woman down before she gets old enough to understand what she's doing. The same thinking that tells us to house-train a dog when it's a puppy, rather than later on. It would seem, from this quip at least, that that's how he views women.

The same reason when we have a military draft it goes for 18-year-olds. They need the immaturity that can be indoctrinated without too much questioning.

If you knew anything about what was said and who Phil was talking you you wouldn't seem so stupid.

No shit, Sherlock.

.... and?

I am reminded of the old Northeast Kingdom (Vermont) farmer who married a young woman and brought her home from the wedding in his horse-drawn wagon.

The punchline is:

"B'God, that's ONCE."

Anybody remember the rest of the story?

Yeah I know that one. And you've succinctly illustrated my point. :thup:

For those unfamiliar with the sexist joke it goes like this:

The newlyweds saunter forth from the church to their new house. Suddenly the horse stops. The groom says, "that's once".

The horse continues again for a while, then stops again. The groom tells him, "that's twice".

The horse continues down the road and then stops a third time. Groom gets out and shoots the horse dead.

His bride says, "why'd you shoot the horse?"
The groom says "that's once".

Yup, that's how I read that line too.

Last edited:

No shit, Sherlock.

.... and?
There wasn't anything in his comment abut pedophilia, and yes women will go through your wallet if you allow it.

No shit, Sherlock.

.... and?
There wasn't anything in his comment abut pedophilia, and yes women will go through your wallet if you allow it.

:banghead:

Reading is truly a lost art.

Last edited:
Feminists and ugly women don't like Phil Robertson's remarks because they don't like competition from younger and better looking women with better attitudes... :cool:

Last edited:
GLAAD has lost even more respect. ...did it ever have respect in the first place?

And it's really something how Bill O'Reilly castigated Phil, yet Jon Stewart seemed to defend Phil's right to give an opinion without being destroyed for it.

1.3.2014 |Trey Sanchez |

Here is the video:

You missed the point entirely.

His point wasn't that all women become pocket pickers when they get old, nor that old women can't learn new tricks. The point was that many of the best women get picked at a younger age, thus reducing your chance to find one that will pluck your duck.

IOW if your list is pretty, plucks ducks, cooks, cleans, and great at the lovin stuff... good luck finding the "one" if you wait too long cause the early bird gets the worm.

Last edited:

1.3.2014 |Trey Sanchez |

Here is the video:

His point wasn't that all women become pocket pickers when they get old, nor that old women can't learn new tricks. The point was that many of the best women get picked at a younger age, thus reducing your chance to find one that will pluck your duck.

Uh --- no. Doesn't work. If that was the case he wouldn't need to advise the young bucks to pick 'em young. It would be a given.

Looks to me like he regards women as pets that will be better trained while they're still pups.

Last edited:

Uh --- no. Doesn't work. If that was the case he wouldn't need to advise the young bucks to pick 'em young. It would be a given.

Looks to me like he regards women as pets that will be better trained while they're still pups.

>> Uh --- no. Doesn't work. If that was the case he wouldn't need to advise the young bucks to pick 'em young. It would be a given.

Of course it's a given, that's his point. Sometimes sage advice is just sage advice. You act like an old man giving sage advice to young-ins is some new thing.

>> Looks to me like he regards women as pets that will be better trained while they're still pups.

Looks to me like you are projecting. How long have you treated your wife like a pet?

>> Uh --- no. Doesn't work. If that was the case he wouldn't need to advise the young bucks to pick 'em young. It would be a given.

Of course it's a given, that's his point. Sometimes sage advice is just sage advice. You act like an old man giving sage advice to young-ins is some new thing.

>> Looks to me like he regards women as pets that will be better trained while they're still pups.

Looks to me like you are projecting. How long have you treated your wife like a pet?

Don't act stupid with me. I know better.
A "given" means it's already understood, which means there is no need to dispense advice to do what you're already doing. Do you need a reminder to breathe?

If marrying mid-teens was a given, there would be no point in even bringing it up. But he made a point of not only dispensing that advice but repeating it to a mass audience. That tells us it's not a given. Then he goes into the reason why: house training.

As I said somebody's grasping for a pedophilia point, when this one is just laying there like a sitting duck, pun intended.

At what point did women become angels never do any wrong? I have a wife I love her dearly but she has many faults and she gets has complaints about me and most of her friends are beyond a doubt money hungry bitches.

tapatalk post

No shit, Sherlock.

.... and?

islamic-fact-islam-crime-child-brides-politics-1313300630.jpg

IM sure the left will condemn the beastly prophet mOOhamMud...:eusa_liar:

A "given" means it's already understood, which means there is no need to dispense advice to do what you're already doing. Do you need a reminder to breathe?

If marrying mid-teens was a given, there would be no point in even bringing it up. But he made a point of not only dispensing that advice but repeating it to a mass audience. That tells us it's not a given. Then he goes into the reason why: house training.

As I said somebody's grasping for a pedophilia point, when this one is just laying there like a sitting duck, pun intended.

I can't figure out if you are retarded or just plain ignorant. The median age men and women are when they get married has gone up 5years since Phil got married. It's sage advice because it's true, not because the average age hasn't gone up.

Median Age at First Marriage, 1890?2010 | Infoplease.com

Last edited:

I can't figure out if you are retarded or just plain ignorant. The median age men and women are when they get married has gone up 5years since Phil got married. It's sage advice because it's true, not because the average age hasn't gone up.

None of that has anything to do with my post. I didn't post about anyone's age. I posted about how Phil Robertson appears to view women --- i.e. as pets.

None of that has anything to do with my post. I didn't post about anyone's age. I posted about how Phil Robertson appears to view women --- i.e. as pets.

You didn't post about anyone's age? ROFL so you are a lying retard, who can't remember any of your previous posts regarding age, but you do remember your BS lie that you think Phil sees women as pets. WOW just WOW

Last edited:

You didn't post about anyone's age? ROFL so you are a lying retard, who can't remember any of your previous posts regarding age, but you do remember your BS lie that you think Phil thinks sees women as pets. WOW just WOW
not just pets he see himself as superior to women just like you ...

You didn't post about anyone's age? ROFL so you are a lying retard, who can't remember any of your previous posts regarding age, but you do remember your BS lie that you think Phil thinks sees women as pets. WOW just WOW
not just pets he see himself as superior to women just like you ...

WTH is wrong with you people?

Duck%20Dynasty%20Guns.png

‘Duck Dynasty’ Family Launches New Gun Line

By Michael Rothman
Jan 3, 2014

Things couldn’t get any better for the “Duck Dynasty” clan in 2014.

Days after A&E reinstated Phil Robertson following a short suspension for making anti-gay comments, Duck Commander, the company Robertson started 40 years ago, has launched a new gun line.

Mossberg, a gun maker headquartered in North Haven, Conn., has teamed with Duck Commander to release nine shotguns, two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol.

Mossberg also released a series of commercials last month that shows the Robertson family hunting and holding the new line of guns.

“Let’s go kill some ducks, boys,” a voice says in one video.

?Duck Dynasty? Family Launches New Gun Line - ABC News

Forum List

Back