Dry ageing beef.

Texicans and Okies eat too much meat and are therefore smelly and constipated.

But we dont notice...because we all smell that way.
Yeah and throwing cow patties for entertainment is fascinating.

Aaaah...that brings back fond memories.
Me and my Buddy and his little brother were horsing around in the horse barn and a horse apple war ensued .....
His little brother stuck his head out of a stall and I put one right in his mouth from twenty feet out.....good times!
Of course he cried and squealed on us....but it was totally worth it.

All I can say is Holy Shit!!!!
Definitely up there as one of the best steaks I've ever eaten!!!!
The beef flavor was intense!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3455.JPG
    IMG_3455.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 77
Welp,I've decided to dive in on the process.
After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
My final decision will be made after dinner tomorrow.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.
Yeah they look nasty before trimming....
20101210-prime-rib-primer-aged.jpg

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.
Can't wait to test the boundaries!!!!

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

Here's to new food adventures!!!!

Soooo, you like mummified foods....... Whatever floats yer boat.......

Looks like a piece of fat; someone should trim the steak off of it.

Do you realize how stupid your comment is?
I guess it's typical of the unrefined liberal,dry aged steak is sold in all the best steak houses in the world....which I'm not surprised you havent visited.

Love dry aged. A non-partisan observation on your liberal comment: Trump puts ketchup on his well done steak.

Last edited:
After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

Soooo, you like mummified foods....... Whatever floats yer boat.......

Bro, you have no idea. Berns and some old place in Chicago know how to do it.

Trust me, you want aged beef.

There's 1 more place in town that knows how to do it. Then they kick it up a notch and cook only on Citrus wood.

What's that place? Oh Yeah, Charley's.

If they're still around. It's a great concept.

Too many good chophouses in Chicago to count. Smith & Wollensky is awesome. Peter Lugers in NYC is on my bucket list.

It's kinda weird.
They were slightly more done than what I'd normally want by color but the flavor and tenderness was off the charts!!!
That is the number one reason to dry age, you can take a cheap cut and tenderize it, same as boiling the meat. Which reminds me they have NY strip bags for three bucks a pound at 10-box..

I've been looking at this unit but it has some detractors.
Seems to be a quality control issue.And at $1500 thats unacceptable. Especially when you're sticking a $150 or more chunk of meat in it.

Steak Locker – ELA

The next best option isnt an option....
No way I'm paying $2700 bucks for a glorified refrig.

DRY AGER® | Dry Aging - Meat Fridges & Cabinets (The No.1)

I'm starting to lean towards a full size fridge with some modifications.

Seems to be a quality control issue.And at $1500 thats unacceptable. Especially when you're sticking a $150 or more chunk of meat in it.

Steak Locker – ELA

What is your desired temp? A glass door beverage cooler would be kind of upper crusty.

Steak Locker – ELA

What is your desired temp? A glass door beverage cooler would be kind of upper crusty.

Between 36 and 40 degrees.
I like the idea of a glass front so you can see whats happening without opening the doors,plus it would allow the use of internal thermometers to cross check the unit temps.
But after reading up on beverage coolers i'm learning they fluctuate to much.
The next best option appears to be a full size dedicated refrigerator using the UMAI bags.
I really wanted to stick to the traditional methods but with what's out there as far as equipment goes it gets prohibitively expensive.

Dry Age Steak At Home - Dry Aging Beef - Charcuterie & Salumi Kits

It's kinda weird.
They were slightly more done than what I'd normally want by color but the flavor and tenderness was off the charts!!!
That is the number one reason to dry age, you can take a cheap cut and tenderize it, same as boiling the meat. Which reminds me they have NY strip bags for three bucks a pound at 10-box..

I've watched several vids and they used choice rather than prime just to prove that point.
This brisket turned out amazing.

It's kinda weird.

I've watched several vids and they used choice rather than prime just to prove that point.

I've made jerky with it also.

It's kinda weird.

I've made jerky with it also.

Round steak makes the best jerky.
Low fat content is the key to jerky.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Dry aged beef looks like carrion to me and only fit for vultures and buzzards.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Does this look like carrion?
You remove the outer crust to get to the good stuff inside.
If you've never had a dry aged steak you have no idea what you're missing.
Grab yourself a 30 or 40 day dry aged ribeye and you'll never go back.

Attachments

• IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3455.JPG
    IMG_3455.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 54
Then I must be a hamburger or a meatloaf.......

why??????????????:laugh:

why?lol
My favorite two foods. :dunno:

Why am I not surprised.......
I love snooty people....... They make life sooo much fun...... :lol:

I self identify as a food snob.
If ya gotta eat why not go all out on occasion?
Good, more fun for me...... :D

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

I have ate deer jerky with the Indians. Their deer jerky was freshly killed and hung over a clothes line and still raw but when eating gives a wild Indian look with blood dripping off your chin. Horrible tasting but I did not want to offend the Host and said that tastes good so I had to eat another.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

I have ate deer jerky with the Indians. Their deer jerky was freshly killed and hung over a clothes line and still raw but when eating gives a wild Indian look with blood dripping off your chin. Horrible tasting but I did not want to offend the Host and said that tastes good so I had to eat another.

If it was a dry aged ribeye ya wouldnt have to lie.....

Forum List

Back