Dry ageing beef.

He takes his meat and cooking seriously.
Scottish fare?

McDonalds...... :eusa_whistle:

Nah....I'm Dutch.
That explains a lot......

What would you know about the Dutch?
My whole family is wildly successful.
From Wine making to Milk production.

Vandervoort's Dairy - Near Southside, Inc.

Château Bellegrave Van Der Voort Pauillac | Wine Info.

And that just scratches the surface of my family.
Ya shouldn't have gnawed on your funny bone so hard........ Geeze......

Chew on some CBD Gummies will ya!!!
Electro-shock therapy might help. :dunno:

Welp,I've decided to dive in on the process.
After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
My final decision will be made after dinner tomorrow.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.
Yeah they look nasty before trimming....
20101210-prime-rib-primer-aged.jpg

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.
Can't wait to test the boundaries!!!!

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

Here's to new food adventures!!!!

Soooo, you like mummified foods....... Whatever floats yer boat.......

Looks like a piece of fat; someone should trim the steak off of it.

Ask me how I know you're a soy-boy non-steak picking person.

@ringel, you no like steak? You seem to know your foods.
Your ( @ ) didn't work......

Hate steak, nasty shit!!!

(If you believe that I also have a shit load of bridges for sale........)

You just ain't never had these crackers show you how to cut the bad away from the good and come out with the awesome. You can do ittttt!
Clackers?

Please don't come around here and ever say that, that could get you hurt..

Nevermimd, I suppose

After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

How about a tofu turkey?

@ringel, you no like steak? You seem to know your foods.
Your ( @ ) didn't work......

Hate steak, nasty shit!!!

(If you believe that I also have a shit load of bridges for sale........)

You just ain't never had these crackers show you how to cut the bad away from the good and come out with the awesome. You can do ittttt!
Clackers?

Please don't come around here and ever say that, that could get you hurt..

Nevermimd, I suppose
Pfft!!

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

How about a tofu turkey?

4814160216_1ff37b85f6.jpg

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

How about a tofu turkey?

4814160216_1ff37b85f6.jpg

Vegans? :dunno:

Dry ageing beef.

batshit-crazy-pelosi.jpeg

ginsburg.jpg

hillary-clinton-old-hag-4.jpg

Janet-Reno-Wiki.jpg

FILE+Helen+Thomas+Longtime+White+House+Journalist+bePdeO-sERel.jpg

Sorry.

First thing that came to my mind, given USMB's reputation and all. LOL

I have eaten them and they are magnificent

I wouldn’t dare to do it myself

Do a little research.
It's not that difficult to do. All you need is a dedicated refrig and a few other things that are cheap to acquire.

You don't need a dedicated refrigerator. I do it with almost all of the beef I prepare. I keep my refrigerator set just a bit above freezing which is lower than it is necessary for usual use. I'm older than dirt and have been doing it for years. I live alone but I do love a good thick New York Strip. I also like to fix a standing rib roast for myself too. I'll get a New York Strip cut for me about 3-4 inches thick or a two bone standing rib roast. I wrap the meat in paper towels and put it in the coldest part of the fridge. In about 12 hours, I change the paper towels so it doesn't get stuck to the meat. I do that for a day or two until the paper towels no longer get damp.

After a couple of weeks, I shave the dried outer layer of beef off and discard. I keep my knives razor sharp and that makes it easier. If I'm preparing New York Strips, I'll cut the strip into 2 or 3 individual steaks. If I'm doing a rib roast, I'll cut the bones off the bones to make carving easier later. Then I tie the bones back onto the meat just as it was before I cut off the bones.

I then season the roast to taste. A couple years ago I started using the reverse searing method to cook the roast. I set my oven at about 200-225 degrees and roast the beef until, for me, the internal temp is about 100 degrees. Then I turn up the temperature to 500 degrees and watch it carefully until it develops a nice crust. Out off the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Cutting the strings allow you to quickly carve the meat into two or three, whatever, thick boneless slices. The bones are easy to cut apart. I want my beef blue. Really rare. This method does it without having that well-done ring around the beef under a nice crust.

Yeah, a lot of work but it's spread out so it's not all at once. I always loved cooking and I don't consider it work.

Sounds a bit convoluted.

That you're weird..... Not that there's anything wrong with that. :dunno:

Seriously though...
What exactly do you have against high end food?
Eating being something you have to do to survive why wouldnt you try top end stuff?
To me cooking is something you should enjoy the best of since you dont have a choice.
Seriously,if you have to eat why not eat the best you can afford?
Nothing but you'd have figured that out if your under-roos hadn't shrunk in the wash you wouldn't be this cranky...... Ya know you don't have to wear them, buy new ones......

BTW the best I can afford right now is Libby's roast beast hash.

Cranky? I'm chowing on top end Steaks why would I be cranky?
Because your shrunken under-roos are too tight? :dunno:
Last Saturday I made a wonderful Spaghetti Bolognese and Monday a delicious Beef tips with rice. Since then my meals have become more simple, so far the wife has been able to keep down the simple fare which means she had roast chicken with asparagus and I had a roast chicken sandwich for dinner tonight......

And what does that have to do with dry aged beef?

Seriously though...
Eating being something you have to do to survive why wouldnt you try top end stuff?
To me cooking is something you should enjoy the best of since you dont have a choice.
Nothing but you'd have figured that out if your under-roos hadn't shrunk in the wash you wouldn't be this cranky...... Ya know you don't have to wear them, buy new ones......

Last Saturday I made a wonderful Spaghetti Bolognese and Monday a delicious Beef tips with rice. Since then my meals have become more simple, so far the wife has been able to keep down the simple fare which means she had roast chicken with asparagus and I had a roast chicken sandwich for dinner tonight......

This thread needs more green on the outside.

Sorry..it's a shiney night. :mad:

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

You're supposed to dry age it with the fat back still on. After it is aged you cut it off and render it into beef tallow. That's what my grandfather who was a butcher for over 50 years taught me to do.

French fries are awesome when you fry them in beef tallow.

Last edited:
I am eating a lot of dry seaweed lately....

it's marine ......it's totally delicious ...it's from Japan!:D I buy it at the supermarket ....it's totally yummy!:D

I have eaten them and they are magnificent

I wouldn’t dare to do it myself

Do a little research.
It's not that difficult to do. All you need is a dedicated refrig and a few other things that are cheap to acquire.

You don't need a dedicated refrigerator. I do it with almost all of the beef I prepare. I keep my refrigerator set just a bit above freezing which is lower than it is necessary for usual use. I'm older than dirt and have been doing it for years. I live alone but I do love a good thick New York Strip. I also like to fix a standing rib roast for myself too. I'll get a New York Strip cut for me about 3-4 inches thick or a two bone standing rib roast. I wrap the meat in paper towels and put it in the coldest part of the fridge. In about 12 hours, I change the paper towels so it doesn't get stuck to the meat. I do that for a day or two until the paper towels no longer get damp.

After a couple of weeks, I shave the dried outer layer of beef off and discard. I keep my knives razor sharp and that makes it easier. If I'm preparing New York Strips, I'll cut the strip into 2 or 3 individual steaks. If I'm doing a rib roast, I'll cut the bones off the bones to make carving easier later. Then I tie the bones back onto the meat just as it was before I cut off the bones.

I then season the roast to taste. A couple years ago I started using the reverse searing method to cook the roast. I set my oven at about 200-225 degrees and roast the beef until, for me, the internal temp is about 100 degrees. Then I turn up the temperature to 500 degrees and watch it carefully until it develops a nice crust. Out off the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Cutting the strings allow you to quickly carve the meat into two or three, whatever, thick boneless slices. The bones are easy to cut apart. I want my beef blue. Really rare. This method does it without having that well-done ring around the beef under a nice crust.

Yeah, a lot of work but it's spread out so it's not all at once. I always loved cooking and I don't consider it work.

Sounds a bit convoluted.

Sorry, how can I make it more clear?

They sell it here in the big supermarkets....the seaweed

I luv it!

it's not cheap

1 dollar worth a lil square of seaweed

but oh my

every week I buy ...like 10 of those

they are so delicious

Seriously though...

You are what you eat..... :eusa_whistle:

You are what you eat..... :eusa_whistle:

indeed :04:

Forum List

Back