Drug Test Kits Used By Police Count Everything as a Drug...Even Chocolate bars

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

According to the national litigation and public policy organization, the Innocence Project, at any given time there are an estimated 40,000 to 100,000 innocent people currently locked in a cage in U.S. prisons.

Couple this staggering number with the number of people locked up for non-violent drug possession and the United States looks more like the Gulag of the 1930’s than the Land of the Free.

But how can so many innocent people be locked up, how does the state present evidence, that it doesn’t have, to get a conviction? Well, the folks at the largest marijuana policy reform organization in the U.S., Marijuana Policy Project, made a short video that explains just how easy it is for police to turn an entirely innocent person into a criminal.

During the short video, the researchers demonstrate how easy it is for police to generate a false positive during a field test for drugs.

Read more at Researchers Expose Police Field Drug Test Kits - They Test Positive to Just About Everything

If the person has used marijuana, it's not a false positive. There is no way to make pot into something harmless.

If the person has used marijuana, it's not a false positive. There is no way to make pot into something harmless.

And there is no marijuana test equivalent to a breathalyzer. Testing positive for smoking weed in the last few days should never serve as a conviction for driving high.

And there is no marijuana test equivalent to a breathalyzer. Testing positive for smoking weed in the last few days should never serve as a conviction for driving high.

You are correct. Further, even a failed breathalyzer test does not necessarily prove a person guilty of DUI.

“A Breathalyzer presumes the entire volume of air being measured is from the driver's lungs. It is therefore susceptible to falsely elevated measurements from any alcohol trapped in the mouth or esophagus. Alcohol may be retained in dental work, such as bridges or caps, and may remain in the esophagus after vomiting or due to any sort of gastric reflux disorder. Mouthwash, breath mints and other products may also contain alcohol and cause an erroneous BAC reading.

“It is important to note that alcohol is not instantaneously absorbed into the blood, so BAC results can sometimes be refuted with a "rising BAC" defense. A test that is delayed up to an hour after the initial stop may indicate intoxication, even though the alcohol had not been sufficiently absorbed at the time of driving to cause impairment. This argument works both ways, depending on the delay between the driver's last drink and the administration of the test (since an impaired driver can sober up while waiting to take the test).

Passed a Breathalyzer Test? It Won't Always Get You Out of a DUI - FindLaw

Drug Test Kits Used By Police Count Everything as a Drug...Even Chocolate bars

yes even the chocolate bars laced with cocaine

--LOL

This should be common sense. If a drug test is not reliable because too many substances result in false positives, then the drug test should not be used. Either it works or it does not.

According to the national litigation and public policy organization, the Innocence Project, at any given time there are an estimated 40,000 to 100,000 innocent people currently locked in a cage in U.S. prisons.

Couple this staggering number with the number of people locked up for non-violent drug possession and the United States looks more like the Gulag of the 1930’s than the Land of the Free.

But how can so many innocent people be locked up, how does the state present evidence, that it doesn’t have, to get a conviction? Well, the folks at the largest marijuana policy reform organization in the U.S., Marijuana Policy Project, made a short video that explains just how easy it is for police to turn an entirely innocent person into a criminal.

During the short video, the researchers demonstrate how easy it is for police to generate a false positive during a field test for drugs.

Read more at Researchers Expose Police Field Drug Test Kits - They Test Positive to Just About Everything

:lmao:

my company uses that and no one got arrested.

and it's easy to get another test, before or during your trial.

:lmao:

my company uses that and no one got arrested.

and it's easy to get another test, before or during your trial.

There would be no trial if a person's arrest wasn't based upon a faulty test.

Hilarious, right?

I can remember when radar guns first came out. I have a cousin who is a local police officer, he showed me how accurate it was one day by pointing it at my garage. It was doing 43 mph. He laughed and said he knew something was up when a car drove by him on a city street at what appeared to be a reasonable speed and the gun said 115 mph. Much of the technology used is wanting. I took a breathalizer test for fun once, same cousin, 10 minutes after using Listerine I was just under the legal limit.

Years ago I saw a radar based speeding charge thrown out when the defense lawyer jingled a keychain for the radar and it showed it to be careering at the judge at 75 MPH despite never having left the lawyer's hand. Surely they've been improved by now....haven't they?

Forum List

Back