Dramatic sea level rise forecast for US over next 30 years

You don't know what you're talking about.

View attachment 603459
Also while you are at it explain to the class why CO2 always lags behind warming trends in ice cores. Because we all are dumb enough that we actually are supposed to believe that CO2 is what creates warming trends. Not that warming trends create more CO2.

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ...

12 inches ...

Lord have mercy that's funny ... we just experienced a 24 inch tsunami here on the West Coast a couple weeks ago ... where did you read about the millions of homes destroyed in California? ... billions dead? ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... oh we had 36 inch tsunami in 2011 ... remember that one ... I think that one maxxed out at 108 meters somewhere in Japan ... that's a 4,250 inch tsunami ...

Go measure asshole ... 12 inch sea level rise doesn't even get the dock footing wet ... stupid ...

Anyone here familiar with Miami International Airport? ... 9 feet above sea level ... only a pussy would be afraid of anything 12 inches ...

ETA: The Vancouver Winter Olympics experienced a 24 inch tsunami, one of the reasons this was the worst Olympics ever ... sheesh ...

Scientists Forecast U.S. Sea Levels Could Rise a Foot by 2050​

Sea levels are forecast to rise rapidly over the next 30 years, bringing more frequent and more destructive floods​

WSJ- Feb. 15, 2022 (more/most recently)

"Sea levels on U.S. coastlines are forecast to rise on average by about a foot by 2050, surging with meltwater from ice sheets and glaciers as a result of climate change, federal scientists said Tuesday.

The estimates were released in a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and other federal and academic institutions.

Globally, sea levels rose about 0.55 feet between 1920 and 2020, according to the report. Across the U.S. coast on average, in the last 100 years, sea levels rose about 0.9 feet.

....Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii...

"''...The report proposed five different paths for sea level rise through the next decades. From the least to most severe outcomes, these reflect variability in the contributors to sea level rise, such as ice sheet melt, thermal expansion of oceans and land movement.

At the Low end, by 2050 compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...

Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet compared with 2000,
the report estimates..."
[..........]

`

You don't know what you're talking about.

View attachment 603459

Strange ... can you explain why there's a such a considerable model ensemble spread at the origin? ... the reasearches had exact data at hand, there shouldn't be any margins ... also, why did you stop at 1970? ... is it because prior data is all askew? ... where did you get the thermometers that are accurate within a full ºF ... those cheap Walmart things NOAA uses are only accurate to two ºF ...

Last edited:

Sea levels are forecast to rise rapidly over the next 30 years, bringing more frequent and more destructive floods​

"Sea levels on U.S. coastlines are forecast to rise on average by about a foot by 2050, surging with meltwater from ice sheets and glaciers as a result of climate change, federal scientists said Tuesday.

The estimates were released in a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and other federal and academic institutions.

Globally, sea levels rose about 0.55 feet between 1920 and 2020, according to the report. Across the U.S. coast on average, in the last 100 years, sea levels rose about 0.9 feet.

....Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii...

"''...The report proposed five different paths for sea level rise through the next decades. From the least to most severe outcomes, these reflect variability in the contributors to sea level rise, such as ice sheet melt, thermal expansion of oceans and land movement.

At the Low end, by 2050 compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...

Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet compared with 2000,
the report estimates..."
[..........]

`

Mean sea level is defined by gravity, and nothing else ... and gravity works along a parabola ... and we express this value as a quadratic equation ...

From Nerem et. al. 2017 we have from satellite altimeters sea level rise rate of 3.0 (±0.4) mm/yr and an acceleration of 0.084 (±0.025) mm/yr/yr ... thus our quadratic is 0.041 mm/yr/yr t^2 + 3.0 mm/yr t = sea level rise over t years = 0.041 (30^2) + 3.0 (30) = 127 mm ... that's only 5 inches ... {center-of-data} ...

Math is calling you a lair again Abu ... or did you not divide the acceleration by 2 for the coefficient of the t squared term? ... if you haven't finished two years of college calculus, you have no business discussing climate ... or sea level rise apparently ...

Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii

Physically impossible due to sea level rise alone ... you have continent subsidence on the East Coast due to the channeling of your river systems ... Port-of-Stockholm in Sweden is expected to run high and dry due to isostatic rebound ...

You knew this ... just because you're dumb at math doesn't mean your dumb ... dummy ... you choose to ignore these facts in presenting your hyperbole ... lies by omission ... shame on you ... done on purpose because you're no dummy ...

The "free" state of Florida is barely above sea level. We are the flattest state in the country and we experience more flooding than anyone else. I live on "high ground" at 7 1/2 feet above mean high tide. Our town now floods every time a hurricane passes by. 40 years ago it was a once in 20 year thing and took a direct hit. Even our crappy governor had to admit we might have a problem.
I've looked at topographical maps of Florida. I don't think I would characterize it as the state of Florida is barely above sea level.

That's called storm surge.

Your crappy governor is a politician.

I told the Mrs... we buy a little bit inland now, we reap the benefits in a couple of decades...

Can you say future beachfront property? $$$!

the report estimates..."
[..........]

`
You posted this in your thread. Like I said there... I absolutely love it when they take flyers like that. Swing for the fences I say. Let's see that's 304.8 mm in 28 years. That's equal to an annual rise of 10.89 mm/yr. How much of that should we expect to see in 2022 to be on schedule?

Do you see why I like it when you guys take flyers? I can laugh at you this year when this ridiculous tripling of the current rate doesn't happen. It's like you people don't even think. Of course I suppose you have to take flyers if you are going to sell your imminent disaster narrative to the masses, eh?

I've looked at topographical maps of Florida. I don't think I would characterize it as the state of Florida is barely above sea level.

That's called storm surge.

Your crappy governor is a politician.
There are places in the world where climate change is undeniable. Consider yourself lucky you live somewhere you can still ignore it.

It is. Don't know what problem you have with that description but I suspect you are just trying to stir some shit.
I suggest you look at a topographical map showing elevations to see why your description is funny.

Please tell us Where ... Someplace that had a Different Climate 100 years ago ... Any place in the Whole World ...
:^) :^)
A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones

Longer growing seasons help lead northern farmers to plow up forests for crops such as corn that were once hard to grow in chilly territories

A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones
Wall Street Journal ~ 11-25-18

LA CRETE, Alberta—The farm belt is marching northward.
Upper Alberta is bitter cold much of the year, and remote. Not much grows other than the spruce and poplar that spread out a hundred miles around Highway 88 north toward La Crete. Signs warn drivers to watch for moose and make sure their gas tanks are filled. Farms have produced mostly wheat, canola and barley. Summers were so short farmer Dicky Driedger used to tease his wife about wasting garden space growing corn.

Today, Mr. Driedger is the one growing corn. So are many other northern-Alberta farmers who are plowing up forests to create fields, which lets them grow still more of it. The new prospect of warmer-weather crops is helping lift farmland prices, with an acre near La Crete selling for nearly Five times what it fetched 10 years ago.

One reason is the Warming Planet and Longer Growing Seasons. Temperatures around La Crete are 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit Warmer on average annually than in 1950, Canadian federal climate records show, and the growing season is nearly Two weeks Longer.

`

Last edited:
I suggest you look at a topographical map showing elevations to see why your description is funny.
I live here. Quit trying to tell me that there is some sort of vertical landscape in Florida. We're a glorified sandbar.

Forum List

Back