Sea level rise varies by location

He said (and quite accurately) "Fuck off troll"

By mimicking a troll, Frank, you have become a troll. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Crick reposts his answer to the question:

Please show us how an incremental increase in atmospheric CO2 generates the heat necessary to warm the oceans

Go!

Fuck off Frank. You've all seen the data. Some of you choose to lie about THAT fact, but I guess that's your option, isn't it.

I'm no scientist but here's the formula:

Q = cp m dT

where

Q = amount of heat (kJ)

cp = specific heat (kJ/kgK)

m = mass (kg)

dT = temperature difference between hot and cold side (K)

Example Heating Water

Consider the energy required to heat 1.0 kg of water from 0 oC to 1 oC when the specific heat of water is 4.19 kJ/kgoC:

Q = (4.19 kJ/kgoC) (1.0 kg) ((1 oC) - (0 oC))

= 4.19 (kJ)

So, does the added CO2 generate the necessary Heat?

Heat, Work and Energy

Feel free to either: a) chime in on the science, or b) fling more pooh.

The choice is yours

Closed for moderation. May not re-opened. I get the feeling 1/2 of the posts would need to be deleted..

Let's get this straight. These are specific scientific and social issues.. If you don't know or don't care --- don't POST in these threads.. We want discussion of the EXACT SPECIFIC topic.. And there is NO DEBATE that the title of this thread and OP ARE TRUE...

So don't be turning all these GW/enviro topics into bait and troll fests.. And that goes especially for the thread starters....

Just for the record.. A couple of you are CLOSE to getting forum banned from the Enviro forum.. It's turned into a "special needs" Flame Zone. And it's gonna get cleaned up..

Next Enviro forum member to wreck a thread like this gets forum banned... This is unacceptable. About 66 posts total in this thread -- and I'm deleting 33 of them.. 3 warnings. 2 with bans... This is GONNA change.. NOBODY wants to read these juvenile crapfests...

Forum List

Back