Draft dodging orange rodent schools Veterans on PTSD

Trump, in a language barely resembling English:

"“When people come back from war and combat and they see things that, maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” Trump said."

He's a goddamn idiot.
He is only pointing out the obvious. Some vets get affected others don't. The same can be said for first responders. It is pretty common sense stuff.
he is not pointing out the obvious. he is clearly speaking as a completely ignorant person. Stop trying to attribute anything even resembling intelligence to his remarks. he knew they were stupid the moment they fell from his frenchfry-hole.

How many of you people posting on here about people not being able to handle war would come through a situation where your two best friends took an IED to their vehicle and were blown up, and your vehicle was also in a blast, but even though you came through unscathed, you saw the bodies of your friends blown apart in several pieces.

I challenge ANY of you to come back from an experience like that and not be affected.

Have it happen to you more than a couple of times, and chances are you would have a serious case of PTSD.

Besides..............humanity wasn't built for war because of all the atrocities that happen on the battle field. We do much better when we cooperate with each other.

"“When people come back from war and combat and they see things that, maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” Trump said."

He's a goddamn idiot.
Those who think he is wrong are idiots.
yes, every major psychological society and all of the leadership of the military are idiots, and you are so smart. Seems legit.
Every major psychological study and all of the military admit. Some people just can't handle war. They just can't. Some men thrive on it. Some men don't.

Considering that Trump has never served in the military, and his own "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding getting an STD while partying back here in the states, no, Trump is not qualified to say anything about what the military goes through.

Of course he is. It's a general observation. And I guarantee he currently has more military contacts than you.

He's a goddamn idiot.
He is only pointing out the obvious. Some vets get affected others don't. The same can be said for first responders. It is pretty common sense stuff.
he is not pointing out the obvious. he is clearly speaking as a completely ignorant person. Stop trying to attribute anything even resembling intelligence to his remarks. he knew they were stupid the moment they fell from his frenchfry-hole.
Some people are wired differently. Pretty common sense. I have seen it personally. Same incident, both people in the same location, witnessed the same event. One pressed on with the mission afterward, the other was sent home because they completely broke down. Different people process stimuli differently.

Considering that Trump has never served in the military, and his own "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding getting an STD while partying back here in the states, no, Trump is not qualified to say anything about what the military goes through.

Of course he is. It's a general observation. And I guarantee he currently has more military contacts than you.

You sure about those contacts? I'm a retired U.S. Navy veteran with over 20 years of service.

You fucking left wing wankers are such assholes. The story is from a year ago and the comment posted omitted this important part of his answer during a Q&A session with vets.

"And they see horror stories, they see events that you'd see in a movie and nobody would believe it.WE NEED MENTAL HEALTH HELP AND MEDICAL. It's one of the things that's least addressed, and it's one of the things I hear the most about when I go around and talk to veterans."

Trump's comments on veterans mental health care spark new outrage

You sure about those contacts? I'm a retired U.S. Navy veteran with over 20 years of service.

He is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States. The Joint Chiefs are at his beck and call. His cabinet is filled with generals.

I'm sure.

Thank you for your service.

The media backlash was bullshit. And many many vets knew it.

"Bill Rausch, Executive Director at Got Your Six, said he saw the media backlash as evidence that most Americans still view PTSD and suicide as a military problem, not a national challenge.

"We’re not really talking about the issue here, we’re just seeing folks using this to take shots at one candidate," he said. "That’s disappointing."

Trump's comments on veterans mental health care spark new outrage

How many of you people posting on here about people not being able to handle war would come through a situation where your two best friends took an IED to their vehicle and were blown up, and your vehicle was also in a blast, but even though you came through unscathed, you saw the bodies of your friends blown apart in several pieces.

I challenge ANY of you to come back from an experience like that and not be affected.

Have it happen to you more than a couple of times, and chances are you would have a serious case of PTSD.

Besides..............humanity wasn't built for war because of all the atrocities that happen on the battle field. We do much better when we cooperate with each other.
Despite getting blown up by IEDs, today's warfare is rather sterile. Historically all warfare was hand to hand combat with swords, battle axes, warhammers and maces. The battlefield was slick with blood and body parts. Yet those men went home plowed their fields and raised their children. If they couldn't handle war, they died. There was none of this plea for pity.

So it absolutely true that some people just can't handle war. They are good people. They are fine, upstanding individuals. They just can't handle war. It is not a personal failing.

He's a goddamn idiot.

He is saying that veterans need help with mental issues. So what the fuck is wrong with that?

And the OP's thread title is a fucking lie as well. Trump didn't school anyone. But then the OP is a wanker.

Trump’s comments received swift criticism from leaders of veterans organizations. Jon Soltz, an Iraq War Veteran and chairman of VoteVets.org, said Trump’s statements perpetuate the stigma around mental health and PTSD in the military.

“The fact is, dealing with the mental wounds from war has nothing to do about someone’s strength," Soltz said in a statement. “If Donald Trump took even three seconds trying to understand and respect our veterans, he’d understand that.”

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

He's a goddamn idiot.
Those who think he is wrong are idiots.
yes, every major psychological society and all of the leadership of the military are idiots, and you are so smart. Seems legit.
The only think you got right is that I am incredibly smart.
That's fascinating. I have yet to meet a single person who admits they are dumb.
I am dumb online.......... That's why I have to type everything........ :eusa_whistle:

Everything Trump says is going to be attacked. It's a knee jerk reaction unconnected to reality.

It Trump said "the sun is shining". The press would be outraged "Trump denies the existence of night." And the bobbleheads would non and babble "Trump is an idiot, he thinks it never gets dark".

Forum List

Back