Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

This is what MLK said:

Just so we are clear on this. He was not a fucking Republican. Nor was he a fucking Democrat. He was tied to neither party.... just like me. So, if anyone can claim the affiliation of MLK it is 'Independents'.... like me.

Sucks to be hacks, huh?

LMAO.
That really isn't much proof, other than he saw teh weaknesses in both parties. He was a Republican because the white establishment around him was Democratic.

It's his own words. And I tend to go by the words, and the actions of the individual concerned. I do not claim all Democrats are xxxx nor do I claim all Republicans are xxx. I treat people as individuals.

Seems to me, going by King's own words, (and by what I have read about the man), he had little time for either party.

The evidence suggests that King thought independently of 'party'. Much like me.

That isn't evidence that he did not belong to the GOP. If you have evidence of the fact, post it.

Imagine going into a restaurant and being told you could not sit inside on the tables off of real plates but that you could go around the back and get food in a sack...but still pay the same price for the indignity.
Imagine driving with your kids and being told at a gas station that your kids could not use the restroom
Imagine getting on a bus in the front, paying the driver and having to get off the bus and reenter through the back door so you would not have to walk through the white people

Now, imagine it is 2012 and we have a leading presidential candidate who supports that

Imagine if you stopped lying for political point scoring? Hard, isn't it?

Ron Paul has stated that he opposes forcing businesses to serve blacks if they don't want to. He is perfectly fine with that gas station telling a black child that she can't use the restroom

2012 Libertarian America

Imagine going into a restaurant and being told you could not sit inside on the tables off of real plates but that you could go around the back and get food in a sack...but still pay the same price for the indignity.
Imagine driving with your kids and being told at a gas station that your kids could not use the restroom
Imagine getting on a bus in the front, paying the driver and having to get off the bus and reenter through the back door so you would not have to walk through the white people

Now, imagine it is 2012 and we have a leading presidential candidate who supports that

Ron Paul has stated that he opposes forcing businesses to serve blacks if they don't want to. He is perfectly fine with that gas station telling a black child that she can't use the restroom

2012 Libertarian America

As much as I think Paul is a crank that is a distortion of his views. I would clarify but you are eitehr too stupid or too partisan to process new information.

2012 Libertarian America

He supports the concept of 'freedom'. The hard part of supporting the concept of freedom is that it means we have to support it for everyone - not just those we agree with.

Am I ok with anyone telling a black child (or any black person) that they cannot use their facilities because they are black? Absolutely not. But I can understand what Ron Paul is standing for... freedom means just that. Freedom. That includes those who hold views that society, rightly, views as abhorrent. The truth of it is that I would prefer to know who those people are.... so that I am free to discriminate against them. That way we really do fight racism. Because we give racists nowhere to hide. It is uncomfortable, and it is hard.... and it is open to idiots using race as a weapon... but that does not mean it is wrong.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Ron Paul.

2012 Libertarian America

As much as I think Paul is a crank that is a distortion of his views. I would clarify but you are eitehr too stupid or too partisan to process new information.

Go for it Rabbi

Let's hear what Dr Paul has to say

The republican party is racist.

Ask a black voter.

You can not deny that black people do not like the republican party.

Ask a republican why and it will result in them talking crap about black people.

That really isn't much proof, other than he saw teh weaknesses in both parties. He was a Republican because the white establishment around him was Democratic.

It's his own words. And I tend to go by the words, and the actions of the individual concerned. I do not claim all Democrats are xxxx nor do I claim all Republicans are xxx. I treat people as individuals.

Seems to me, going by King's own words, (and by what I have read about the man), he had little time for either party.

That isn't evidence that he did not belong to the GOP. If you have evidence of the fact, post it.

You have no evidence MLK was a Republican. Let' it go.

I have evidence, from MLK himself, that quite clearly demonstrates his lack of support for both parties. Interestingly, both parties still deny King's own words.

I wonder how MLK would view the people who claim him for their partisan bullshit. Having read a lot of and by the man... I kind of think he'd be ashamed of y'all. But, if you don't really care about the man, his work and his values... then I guess you have no problem in using his name for your partisan crap.

God you are full of shit. Does your mouth ever get tired from tooting your own horn section?.

2012 Libertarian America

He supports the concept of 'freedom'. The hard part of supporting the concept of freedom is that it means we have to support it for everyone - not just those we agree with.

Am I ok with anyone telling a black child (or any black person) that they cannot use their facilities because they are black? Absolutely not. But I can understand what Ron Paul is standing for... freedom means just that. Freedom. That includes those who hold views that society, rightly, views as abhorrent. The truth of it is that I would prefer to know who those people are.... so that I am free to discriminate against them. That way we really do fight racism. Because we give racists nowhere to hide. It is uncomfortable, and it is hard.... and it is open to idiots using race as a weapon... but that does not mean it is wrong.

Dr Paul supports supporting the freedom of a private business to discriminate over the freedom of blacks to have full access to any public accommodation

You can say that you and other citizens would use the free market to punish those who discriminate. 100 years of history between the civil war and the passing of the civil rights bill proves otherwise. People were comfortable with the peculiar institution of segregation. They did not want to make waves and preferred to look the other way
If you want to look at public pressure towards racism. That pressure was used against businesses that opened their facilities to blacks not the other way around

Dr Paul is horribly wrong in his views towards civil rights

I wonder how MLK would view the people who claim him for their partisan bullshit. Having read a lot of and by the man... I kind of think he'd be ashamed of y'all. But, if you don't really care about the man, his work and his values... then I guess you have no problem in using his name for your partisan crap.

God you are full of shit. Does your mouth ever get tired from tooting your own horn section?.

And I quote... again:

"I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party." Martin Luther King.

2012 Libertarian America

Dr Paul supports supporting the freedom of a private business to discriminate over the freedom of blacks to have full access to any public accommodation

You can say that you and other citizens would use the free market to punish those who discriminate. 100 years of history between the civil war and the passing of the civil rights bill proves otherwise. People were comfortable with the peculiar institution of segregation. They did not want to make waves and preferred to look the other way
If you want to look at public pressure towards racism. That pressure was used against businesses that opened their facilities to blacks not the other way around

Dr Paul is horribly wrong in his views towards civil rights

It proves nothing. Attitudes change, thank (insert optional deity here). Attitudes have changed - it is meaningless, partisan excuse making to point to the historic views and pretend that is relevant today.

Apply Reason. His Daddy was. The RNC was the Party that fought against Segregation at the time. In truth, he was more a Stand Alone Guy, in the Political sense. The Black Community had not yet sold out to the DNC, had he lived longer, he would probably have had an impact on that.

Before you post something like this, you would do well to do a little verification.

Why Martin Luther King Was Republican - HUMAN EVENTS
Was Dr Martin Luther King a registered Republican
Why Martin Luther King Was Republican - Topix
Martin Luther King Jr Was Republican! NAACP Founded By GOP - Martin Luther King Day - Zimbio

It only stands to reason that King and most blacks of the day were republicans. The democrats were the party of the worst kind of racism.

Forum List

Back