Dr. John Lott, expert on guns and self defense talks to Australian radio host...

And right on topic from another thread, here we have Dr. John Lott, the preeminent researcher into the use of guns for self defense as he talks to an Australian radio host about gun crime around the world.....

Listen if you dare.......

CPRC on Adelaide, Australia's big talk radio station 1395 AM on gun control in the US and the World - Crime Prevention Research Center

John Lott makes me moist! - Mary Rosh

Yeah......you will have to explain that to people who don't follow the smears against Dr. Lott.....

And right on topic from another thread, here we have Dr. John Lott, the preeminent researcher into the use of guns for self defense as he talks to an Australian radio host about gun crime around the world.....

CPRC on Adelaide, Australia's big talk radio station 1395 AM on gun control in the US and the World - Crime Prevention Research Center

Yeah......you will have to explain that to people who don't follow the smears against Dr. Lott.....
LOL. Lying, Unethical, Corrupt, Dirtbag:

Mary Rosh persona
"In response to the dispute surrounding the missing survey, Lott created and used "Mary Rosh" as a sock puppet to defend his own works on Usenet and elsewhere. After investigative work by blogger Julian Sanchez, Lott admitted to use of the Mary Rosh persona.[68] Sanchez also pointed out that Lott, posing as Rosh, not only praised his own academic writing, but also called himself "the best professor I ever had".

Many commentators and academics accused Lott of violating academic integrity, noting that he praised himself while posing as one of his former students,[77][78] and that "Rosh" was used to post a favorable review of More Guns, Less Crime on Amazon.com. Lott has claimed that the "Rosh" review was written by his son and wife.[78][full citation needed]

"I probably shouldn't have done it—I know I shouldn't have done it—but it's hard to think of any big advantage I got except to be able to comment fictitiously," Lott told the Washington Post in 2003.[78][full citation needed]"
John Lott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is he using his actual name this time? Or is he doing his traditional book promotion schtick and using pseudonyms to talk up his latest book?

Hint for ya, boys, if you want to promote guns don't ever mention this guy again. He's the Adam Lanza of gun research...
Adam-Lanza-500x281.jpg

John Lott has been completely discredited, his "research" demonstrated to be wrong and devoid of merit.

But Mary Rosh loves the guy!
I hear that it's a very close and person relationship? So close you can barely separate the two. As a matter of fact, I hear that's not even possible.

Shocking that a person without ethics, would be a gun nut...

The pro gun movement has two guys, Kleck and lott. And even kleck knows lott is wrong.

Would these be the same people that insist that any one with a gun bias should be ignored?

Unless that 'bias' is pro-gun, right?

The smears?

He has copped to it....

The smears?

He has copped to it....

Copped to it AFTER trying to throw his wife and kid under the bus to cover up his lies.

Now that is a *man*. Women and children last, apparently.

The smears?

He has copped to it....

Copped to it AFTER trying to throw his wife and kid under the bus to cover up his lies.

Now that is a *man*. Women and children last, apparently.

A role model custom made for the 2aguy set....

More guns, less crime? Not exactly. - The Washington Post

"John Lott’s research was in my opinion very instrumental over decades in having more states pass laws to make it easier to get permits to carry concealed loaded guns, and to lessen the barriers for those permit holders to take guns in ever more places, whether it's bars, or places of worship, or schools," says Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. "It’s all based upon Lott’s scholarship that has been completely discredited."

More guns, less crime? Not exactly. - The Washington Post

"John Lott’s research was in my opinion very instrumental over decades in having more states pass laws to make it easier to get permits to carry concealed loaded guns, and to lessen the barriers for those permit holders to take guns in ever more places, whether it's bars, or places of worship, or schools," says Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. "It’s all based upon Lott’s scholarship that has been completely discredited."

Yeah, but Webster disagrees with John Lott. Thus, per 2A, he has a bias. And has to be ignored.

John Lott on the other hand is rabidly progun. He makes his living selling books to people like 2A on the topic. And has an obvious bias. Which is why 2A insists he be believed.

See how that works? Any source that contradicts 2A has to be ignored. And any source that affirms what 2A wants to believe.....must be accepted.

He's like the walking, talking Avatar of Confirmation Bias.

Overall, the most consistent, albeit not uniform, finding to emerge from both the state and the county panel data models conducted over the entire 1977–2006 period with and without state trends and using three different models is that aggravated assault rises when [right-to-carry] laws are adopted.

The Impact of Right to Carry Laws and the NRC Report: The Latest Lessons for the Empirical Evaluation of Law and Policy

The Impact of Right to Carry Laws and the NRC Report: The Latest Lessons for the Empirical Evaluation of Law and Policy by John J. Donohue, Abhay Aneja, Alexandria Zhang :: SSRN

With no associated drop in other crimes. So more guns....more aggravated assault. No particular impact on crime.

The fun part? Is watching 2A give us his latest excuse for ignoring *any* study that contradicts him.

Forum List

Back