down 30% in 6 months: Rush veiwership

Posting this as is, is dishonest. It's over six months old.
:eusa_whistle:

"Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates the shows, tells Crains they are not worried: Limbaugh and Hannity “continue to be No. 1 and No. 2."

And how can one 'view' a radio head?

Of course it's over six month old. If you go back that far on here you will see she posted then too..
the dishonesty of some just for the sake of it or for trolling, is a shame

Of course the liberal bloggers and websites will jump all over any kind of negative news they can associate with the conservative media giants. They will of course ignore that the same negative news applies proportionately to their own heroes and icons. From October 2010 to October 2011, Rush Limbaugh gained listeners and, so far as I know, has not been disenfranchised by anybody. We are, however, in a non election year, and the GOP primary race has been anything but exciting over the last months. All media goes through ebbs and flow and a 30% drop (which is grossly exaggerated by the way) is not a cause for alarm when producers can see that it is pretty well across the board.

Look for the ratings to all spike again when the 2012 election cycle really begins to heat up and people are hungry for information.

Meanwhile, Rush is in absolutely no danger of losing his crown and number #1 position for as long as he wants it when he can produce numbers like this:

From Talkers Magazine, the "bible" of talk radio:

audiencechart9111.jpg

We can see what all the white people listen too. What about everyone else?

Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates the shows, tells Crains they are not worried: Limbaugh and Hannity “continue to be No. 1 and No. 2."

Read more: Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months - Business Insider

PPM is the new method of gauging radio market share that registers actual radio waves instead of relying on the very analog process of filing out forms that allowed fans to essentially ‘vote’ for their favorite radio hosts rather than mark what they were actually listening to—what Randall Bloomquist refers to as ‘the emperor has no clothes’ impact of PPM.

Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity Ratings Drop: Right-Wing Talk Is Dying - The Daily Beast

OK, so this article is from February 2011 and even older than the initial OPs (and your) post!

Personally, I don't care who's up or down in radio land.

Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates the shows, tells Crains they are not worried: Limbaugh and Hannity “continue to be No. 1 and No. 2."

Read more: Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months - Business Insider

PPM is the new method of gauging radio market share that registers actual radio waves instead of relying on the very analog process of filing out forms that allowed fans to essentially ‘vote’ for their favorite radio hosts rather than mark what they were actually listening to—what Randall Bloomquist refers to as ‘the emperor has no clothes’ impact of PPM.

Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity Ratings Drop: Right-Wing Talk Is Dying - The Daily Beast

OK, so this article is from February 2011 and even older than the initial OPs (and your) post!

You sure seem to care. My point in posting it was to show that the accounting methods have improved. Rush may never have had the numbers he claims. :)

yeah cause some supposed study in a paper called the Daily News, must mean it's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

but let them say something bad about the Obama, then it's ALL LIES.:lol::eusa_whistle:

Well, there is actual legitimate research on the sliding figures across ALL traditional media - including print and broadcast. Apparently, more people get their news from online sources now. Who knew! The new media is trouncing the traditional forms of media. I am both shocked and stunned by this earth-shattering conclusion.

Of course, that fact is meaningless to TruthMocker.... because she doesn't care about research.

That is true. Print media has been shrinking for decades now and television network news gets a fraction of the market share it once enjoyed. And with the economy being bad, folks aren't in their cars as much meaning they aren't listening to the radio as much as they once were and that, plus people are getting so much of their information from the internet these days, has to affect ratings. And the news hasn't been all that much fun to listen to lately and it is inevitable that ratings won't stay at a consistent high in any market.

Also, the impressive success of conservative talk radio has resulted in an explosion of new talk show hosts getting into that genre, and that too dilutes the market share of the original 'giants'.

It's all relative. And only those who really REALLY are bothered by the success of conservative talk radio give a damn what Rush Limbaugh's or anybody else's ratings are.

Foxy is correct. Auto listening is about the only time i listen to the radio. I don't do that too much anymore:cool:

Of course the liberal bloggers and websites will jump all over any kind of negative news they can associate with the conservative media giants. They will of course ignore that the same negative news applies proportionately to their own heroes and icons. From October 2010 to October 2011, Rush Limbaugh gained listeners and, so far as I know, has not been disenfranchised by anybody. We are, however, in a non election year, and the GOP primary race has been anything but exciting over the last months. All media goes through ebbs and flow and a 30% drop (which is grossly exaggerated by the way) is not a cause for alarm when producers can see that it is pretty well across the board.

Look for the ratings to all spike again when the 2012 election cycle really begins to heat up and people are hungry for information.

Meanwhile, Rush is in absolutely no danger of losing his crown and number #1 position for as long as he wants it when he can produce numbers like this:

From Talkers Magazine, the "bible" of talk radio:

audiencechart9111.jpg

We can see what all the white people listen too. What about everyone else?

They listen to that rap crap.

Whether this is the result of people getting sick of the bloated man with the bloated ego, or simply more accurate counting, this is really good news. :)

Naaa, Good news was when Keith Olbermann got Sacked. Now if they'd only get that drunken lunatic Chrissy Matthews off the air. :badgrin:

Keith's on CurrentTV, and doing a great job there. :)

Yes he is! No one watches propaganda TV but Keith is doing a bang up job there!

Plenty of people watch propaganda TV, but personally, I like CurrentTV better than propaganda. :)

You sure seem to care. My point in posting it was to show that the accounting methods have improved. Rush may never have had the numbers he claims. :)

Where does Rush claim anything?
What cracks me up is OUTDATED numbers.
I CARE about accuracy, comprehend?

Rush has made many claims about the size of his audience.

The numbers are from six months ago-I looked for newer ones, and I haven't found them. But accuracy is the issue-we now have a more accurate idea about how many viewers Rush has than we did before.

audiencechart9111.jpg
Your MessiahRushie claims his audience is 40 million a day, up from 25 million a week just one year ago.

So while his audience has fallen over the last year from 25 million per week to 15 million per week, the pathological liar claims his audience grew to 40 million per day.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

Last edited:
your gig is up righties.

Say goodbye to power

"Say goodbye to power". That's a very telling statement on a lot of levels. I have no idea why radical lefties think a voice on the radio represents power. Maybe lefties are so fearful and full of hatred that they become confused about the legitimate exchange of ideas and opinions. I guess commentator Michael Savage is on to something when he says "liberalism is a mental illness". Why else would the left continue to whine about FOX and assume that a three hour talk show on A.M. radio represents political power? The truth of the matter is that it's the pesky US Constitution and Bill of Rights with the 1st and 2nd Amemdments keep getting in the way of the left's quest for power. God help us if the left ever acquires enough political capital to silence opposition speech. I think they are headed that way.

Forum List

Back