down 30% in 6 months: Rush veiwership

i knew TM was pretty fucking stupid, but i didn't think she believed people watch the radio.

She does.
It's easier to hear what it says if you watch it, too.

Plus, you have to be careful it doesn't get up and walk away.

:cuckoo:

And Ed chimes in with his own absurd numbers which he cannot substantiate in any way. TM is not lying that her source says what the OP says. And you can't blame a rabid leftie from being hopeful that news like that is true. Be honest folks. Did any of us on the right mourn when Air America went belly up? I didn't wish it any ill and I didn't gloat when it folded, but it did confirm my personal opinion that it was mostly a worthless waste of air space. I suppose most people also thought that, including advertisers, or it would have succeeded.

And what the heck. Even if Limbaugh losing substantial market share IS true, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, his ratings still beat all the lefties combined. So he's in no danger of going anywhere anytime soon as long as he wants his slot.

yeah cause some supposed study in a paper called the Daily News, must mean it's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

but let them say something bad about the Obama, then it's ALL LIES.:lol::eusa_whistle:

yeah cause some supposed study in a paper called the Daily News, must mean it's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

but let them say something bad about the Obama, then it's ALL LIES.:lol::eusa_whistle:

Well, there is actual legitimate research on the sliding figures across ALL traditional media - including print and broadcast. Apparently, more people get their news from online sources now. Who knew! The new media is trouncing the traditional forms of media. I am both shocked and stunned by this earth-shattering conclusion.

Of course, that fact is meaningless to TruthMocker.... because she doesn't care about research.

Well, there is actual legitimate research on the sliding figures across ALL traditional media - including print and broadcast. Apparently, more people get their news from online sources now. Who knew! The new media is trouncing the traditional forms of media. I am both shocked and stunned by this earth-shattering conclusion.

Of course, that fact is meaningless to TruthMocker.... because she doesn't care about research.

I don't watch ANY of the cable news. some of my local news and get most of my news off the Internet.
Haven't listened to Rush either in years. but according to some here WE ALL listen to Rush. cracks me up

That is true. Print media has been shrinking for decades now and television network news gets a fraction of the market share it once enjoyed. And with the economy being bad, folks aren't in their cars as much meaning they aren't listening to the radio as much as they once were and that, plus people are getting so much of their information from the internet these days, has to affect ratings. And the news hasn't been all that much fun to listen to lately and it is inevitable that ratings won't stay at a consistent high in any market.

Also, the impressive success of conservative talk radio has resulted in an explosion of new talk show hosts getting into that genre, and that too dilutes the market share of the original 'giants'.

It's all relative. And only those who really REALLY are bothered by the success of conservative talk radio give a damn what Rush Limbaugh's or anybody else's ratings are.

Last edited:
She does.

And Ed chimes in with his own absurd numbers which he cannot substantiate in any way. TM is not lying that her source says what the OP says. And you can't blame a rabid leftie from being hopeful that news like that is true. Be honest folks. Did any of us on the right mourn when Air America went belly up? I didn't wish it any ill and I didn't gloat when it folded, but it did confirm my personal opinion that it was mostly a worthless waste of air space. I suppose most people also thought that, including advertisers, or it would have succeeded.

And what the heck. Even if Limbaugh losing substantial market share IS true, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, his ratings still beat all the lefties combined. So he's in no danger of going anywhere anytime soon as long as he wants his slot.
Those absurd numbers are not mine, they are straight from your MessiahRushie's lying mouth, and like everything of his I post can be easily verified!!!

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page May 26, 2011
spc.gif

Story #1: The Oprah Off to Cable, Never to Be Heard From Again

RUSH: It's exactly what I'm saying, I didn't deny it so it must be true. Ha. Oh, well. Typical news business. Is this it? Is this it for Oprah today? Or was it yesterday? Oprah's last show? The earth is still turning. Yeah, let's see. Okay, The Oprah final show was yesterday, so she's gone now from ABC. She's gone from over the air network TV and off to her own network, which means she'll probably never be heard from again. That OWN network. Dawn, look, it's not doing anything now. I mean it really isn't doing any now. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

Those absurd numbers are not mine, they are straight from your MessiahRushie's lying mouth, and like everything of his I post can be easily verified!!!

spc.gif

RUSH: It's exactly what I'm saying, I didn't deny it so it must be true. Ha. Oh, well. Typical news business. Is this it? Is this it for Oprah today? Or was it yesterday? Oprah's last show? The earth is still turning. Yeah, let's see. Okay, The Oprah final show was yesterday, so she's gone now from ABC. She's gone from over the air network TV and off to her own network, which means she'll probably never be heard from again. That OWN network. Dawn, look, it's not doing anything now. I mean it really isn't doing any now. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

LOL, you are the most Obsessed person with Rush I have ever seen. it's a little scary.

Of course the liberal bloggers and websites will jump all over any kind of negative news they can associate with the conservative media giants. They will of course ignore that the same negative news applies proportionately to their own heroes and icons. From October 2010 to October 2011, Rush Limbaugh gained listeners and, so far as I know, has not been disenfranchised by anybody. We are, however, in a non election year, and the GOP primary race has been anything but exciting over the last months. All media goes through ebbs and flow and a 30% drop (which is grossly exaggerated by the way) is not a cause for alarm when producers can see that it is pretty well across the board.

Look for the ratings to all spike again when the 2012 election cycle really begins to heat up and people are hungry for information.

Meanwhile, Rush is in absolutely no danger of losing his crown and number #1 position for as long as he wants it when he can produce numbers like this:

From Talkers Magazine, the "bible" of talk radio:

audiencechart9111.jpg

Hungry for "information"? Really?

If Fox News viewers want to be informed about current events, they might as well turn off the TV.

A poll released by Fairleigh Dickinson University on Monday found that people who get their news from Fox News know significantly less about news both in the U.S. and the world than people who watch no news at all.

In a survey of 612 New Jersey natives, Fox News fans flunked questions about Egypt and Syria when compared with people who don't watch the news. Fox viewers were 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians toppled their government and 6 points less likely to be aware that Syrians have not yet overthrown theirs.

Fox News viewers less informed than those who don?t watch news at all: study - New York Daily News

I don't think you mean information, I think you mean propaganda.

The left is just chock full of brain surgeons such as yourself.......

I don't watch ANY of the cable news. some of my local news and get most of my news off the Internet.
Haven't listened to Rush either in years. but according to some here WE ALL listen to Rush. cracks me up
I listened from August, 1991 to October, 2005. I feel so much better now that I don't listen any longer.

spc.gif

LOL, you are the most Obsessed person with Rush I have ever seen. it's a little scary.
Notice how every time I expose your MessiahRushie's lies, your answer is always a personal attack.
Thank you.

spc.gif

Notice how every time I expose your MessiahRushie's lies, your answer is always a personal attack.
Thank you.

Scuse me dear, but I don't OWN Rush and last I checked I wasn't married to him either. so I guess that doesn't make HIM MINE,
and like I said. O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D. s-c-a-r-y

As if we have time to listen to the radio non-stop.

Thank you.

Scuse me dear, but I don't OWN Rush and last I checked I wasn't married to him either. so I guess that doesn't make HIM MINE,
and like I said. O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D. s-c-a-r-y
The patented CON$ervative dumb act. I'll spell it out for you, he's your MESSIAHrushie.

As if we have time to listen to the radio non-stop.

Exactly. I usually have the radio going in the background when I am doing anything in the office, but lately we have been listening to our own CDs on the Bose instead of tuning in a radio station. But since our #1 station in this area happens to be the news/talk radio station, we have had Rush running a lot over the last several years. But it is a rare day that we hear more than a segment or two of his show unless he is on a topic of particular interest.

Forum List

Back