down 30% in 6 months: Rush veiwership

I'll read the thread in a minute, but as far as I know, Limbaugh is on the radio. How the hell does he have a viewership? Or, even a "veiwership"?

Another TM "historically failed" thread.

I enjoy listening to Rush from time to time. Not always easy during the work day.

I can honestly say, I have heard his show numerous times.

I have yet to see his radio show.

It's no WONDER his viewership is down.

Truthdon'tmatter apparently STARES intently at her radio (does she call it "the magic talking box?") trying to see some sign of Rush's lips moving.

TDM, you're a genuine pip, little lady.

:lol:

What a maroon.

the man has been in business for more than 25 years. I would not be surprised if he is a bit stale. I don't listen as often as I used to. And he is just too much into his advertisers now.

Even with him down by 30% he gets numbers so big that the largest liberal talkers, Ed Schultz and Alan Colmes have wet dreams of getting numbers 20% of his.

the fact He is down by 30% means nothing in electoral politics. I have no idea where you think that him having a down year relates to Republicans in general having a bad year. Too much wishing and hoping and now enough thinking going on with the OP

audiencechart9111.jpg
You sure seem to care. My point in posting it was to show that the accounting methods have improved. Rush may never have had the numbers he claims. :)
Where does Rush claim anything?
What cracks me up is OUTDATED numbers.
I CARE about accuracy, comprehend?
Your MessiahRushie claims his audience is 40 million a day, up from 25 million a week just one year ago.

So while his audience has fallen over the last year from 25 million per week to 15 million per week, the pathological liar claims his audience grew to 40 million per day.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

And WTH does this have to do with the OP? :cuckoo:

People, formerly very loyal supporters on both sides of aisle are losing FAITH in both parties, I suspect.

Certainly we see this lose of faith reflected in the polls about Congress, too.

Americans might be divided in terms of party affiliations, but most of them can agree that...things AIN'T RIGHT.

The partisans are becoming outnumbered by the nonaligned voters who have no FAITH in either party.

People, formerly very loyal supporters on both sides of aisle are losing FAITH in both parties, I suspect.

Certainly we see this lose of faith reflected in the polls about Congress, too.

Americans might be divided in terms of party affiliations, but most of them can agree that...things AIN'T RIGHT.

The partisans are becoming outnumbered by the nonaligned voters who have no FAITH in either party.
Gawd, I hope so. You have the second largest corrupt clusterfuck of a goobyment in duh world.
"Great" Britain will always hold first place.:cuckoo:

the man has been in business for more than 25 years. I would not be surprised if he is a bit stale. I don't listen as often as I used to. And he is just too much into his advertisers now.

Even with him down by 30% he gets numbers so big that the largest liberal talkers, Ed Schultz and Alan Colmes have wet dreams of getting numbers 20% of his.

the fact He is down by 30% means nothing in electoral politics. I have no idea where you think that him having a down year relates to Republicans in general having a bad year. Too much wishing and hoping and now enough thinking going on with the OP
November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

Your MessiahRushie claims his audience is 40 million a day, up from 25 million a week just one year ago.

So while his audience has fallen over the last year from 25 million per week to 15 million per week, the pathological liar claims his audience grew to 40 million per day.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

Thanks. Anyone of these folks who actually knows Rush knows that he constantly brags about his numbers of listeners and about his influence.

Further, we've seen several Pub politicians contradict Rush and then come crawling back to apologize to him.

your gig is up righties.

Say goodbye to power

"Say goodbye to power". That's a very telling statement on a lot of levels. I have no idea why radical lefties think a voice on the radio represents power. Maybe lefties are so fearful and full of hatred that they become confused about the legitimate exchange of ideas and opinions. I guess commentator Michael Savage is on to something when he says "liberalism is a mental illness". Why else would the left continue to whine about FOX and assume that a three hour talk show on A.M. radio represents political power? The truth of the matter is that it's the pesky US Constitution and Bill of Rights with the 1st and 2nd Amemdments keep getting in the way of the left's quest for power. God help us if the left ever acquires enough political capital to silence opposition speech. I think they are headed that way.

Oh, bullshit. The complaints about about the continuing disinformation campaign from Fox and from talk radio. It's unhealthy to have significant numbers of people who are this misinformed.

Of course the liberal bloggers and websites will jump all over any kind of negative news they can associate with the conservative media giants. They will of course ignore that the same negative news applies proportionately to their own heroes and icons. From October 2010 to October 2011, Rush Limbaugh gained listeners and, so far as I know, has not been disenfranchised by anybody. We are, however, in a non election year, and the GOP primary race has been anything but exciting over the last months. All media goes through ebbs and flow and a 30% drop (which is grossly exaggerated by the way) is not a cause for alarm when producers can see that it is pretty well across the board.

Look for the ratings to all spike again when the 2012 election cycle really begins to heat up and people are hungry for information.

Meanwhile, Rush is in absolutely no danger of losing his crown and number #1 position for as long as he wants it when he can produce numbers like this:

From Talkers Magazine, the "bible" of talk radio:

audiencechart9111.jpg

We can see what all the white people listen too. What about everyone else?

They listen to that rap crap.

Wow. Too bad they aren't more like you. Honest and full of, well, "incite".

Forum List

Back