Dow reaches 4 year high, NASDAQ reaches 11 year high

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The recovery continues...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied Friday, as investors cheered a much stronger-than-expected jobs report.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) gained 157 points, or 1.2%, the S&P 500 (SPX) added 19 points, or 1.5%, and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) increased 46 points, or 1.6%.

The rally pushed pushed the Dow, up more than 5% in 2012, to its highest level since May 2008. The Nasdaq, up more than 11% for the year, climbed to its highest level since December 2000. The S&P 500 has gained almost 7% this year, and finished at a six-month high.

Stock Markets - Feb. 3, 2012 - CNNMoney

An unexpectedly rosy jobs report set off a chain reaction Friday, upending economists’ gloomy predictions for the coming year, leading to a surge on Wall Street and potentially boggling the political calculus of the 2012 presidential campaigns.

The surprise — that the unemployment rate had dipped for the fifth straight month, to 8.3 percent — was first reflected in the stock market, where the Dow Jones industrial average soared to its highest mark since the beginning of the financial crisis. The tech-heavy Nasdaq, meanwhile, hit an 11-year high.

Unemployment report: January job gains have economists rethinking outlooks - The Washington Post

The Republicans have nothing left except millions in Super PAC money.

And I am not sure many billionaires will bet on the Romney gaffe machine.

Yay Wall Street! :thup:

occupy-wall-street-rage.jpg

lol...fucking liberals are so delusional.

As Wall St. manipulates markets for artificial gains while the rest of the country struggles, you celebrate?

I thought liberals were against class warfare where the rich are getting rich while working class Americans struggle, but I guess not. They are Wall St whores, like Holder and Obama.

The recovery continues...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied Friday, as investors cheered a much stronger-than-expected jobs report.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) gained 157 points, or 1.2%, the S&P 500 (SPX) added 19 points, or 1.5%, and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) increased 46 points, or 1.6%.

The rally pushed pushed the Dow, up more than 5% in 2012, to its highest level since May 2008. The Nasdaq, up more than 11% for the year, climbed to its highest level since December 2000. The S&P 500 has gained almost 7% this year, and finished at a six-month high.

Stock Markets - Feb. 3, 2012 - CNNMoney

hahaha blame Pres, Obama!

Shhhh......... Don't upset the gloom and doom 'Conservatives'. Return to prosperity under our President? Unthinkable.

:eek: Obama taking CREDIT for evil Wall Street...? Unthinkable!

0bama probably would take credit for any and all increases in Wall Street numbers...

Of course when it goes down is Booooosh's fault...:thup:

The DOW recovered to where it was before Barney and the democrats engineered the great Fannie collapse. Whoop-de-doo.

In U.S., 54% Have Stock Market Investments, Lowest Since 1999

PRINCETON, NJ -- Even as stocks have returned to lofty heights from their March 2009 lows, the percentage of Americans saying they hold individual stocks, stock mutual funds, or stocks in their 401(k) or IRA fell to 54% in April -- the lowest level since Gallup began monitoring stock ownership annually in 1999. Self-reported stock ownership has trended downward since 2007 -- before the recession and financial crisis began -- when 65% of Americans owned stocks.

In U.S., 54% Have Stock Market Investments, Lowest Since 1999

SO, do we want MORE Americans invested in Wall Street, or LESS...??? :eusa_think:

Shhhh......... Don't upset the gloom and doom 'Conservatives'. Return to prosperity under our President? Unthinkable.

:eek: Obama taking CREDIT for evil Wall Street...? Unthinkable!

0bama probably would take credit for any and all increases in Wall Street numbers...

Of course when it goes down is Booooosh's fault...:thup:

i don't like you. think MOJO and forget, Boooooooooh's ..what a prizes, word game?

Last edited:
Yes, now you OWS douches suddenly like Wall Street again. Gee, how convenient. I predicted you douches would be back here boasting about Wall Street gains at some point. Such dishonest hypocrites.

If there are any people reading this thread who believe this, please sell me your Gold and Silver if you have any. The economy is rebounding and you won't be needing it anymore.

Sell now before the price plummets! :lol:

Forum List

Back