Dow just blew through 16k

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...with the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero so that the stock market would artificially bubble...the Fed now has almost no arrows left in it's "quiver" to address a floundering Wall Street.

There should have been a gradual raising of interest rates so that we didn't find ourselves in this position. Bad fiscal policy always comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. Bend over, Kiddies...

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...

QE ended last October.

The rate was supposed to raised this September, Todd but the Fed has now backed off on that and estimates are that QE will continue unabated until at least sometime next year. Why you think QE "ended" mystifies me.

It began tapering off in 2013. It ended last fall:

The Fed Eases Off - Bloomberg QuickTake

Indeed. When one looks at where QE3 ended, and where the market has gone since then, its clear QE4 in almost a given

-Geaux

Meh

markets.png

Talk about volatile

A 646 point swing....it was up 442 at the high...finished -204.....

Lets all say...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Carnage.

-Geaux

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ashes-biggest-reversal-lehman#comment-6470917

Biggest Rally Of 2015" Crashes Into Biggest Reversal Since Lehman

Did you drink the Kool-Aid?

It appears not everyone did... The first 6-day losing streak for the S&P 500 since July 2012...

The S&P 500 has gapped up +3% and closed down on the day only once since the inception of the futures, 10/16/08 (

Call that a bounce-back...?

Across asset-classes the last 2 days have been 'eventful' to say the least...

20150825_EOD12_0.jpg

Oil and Gas rebounded a bit. Curious to see what tomorrow brings

It will bring the same shit it always brings; some go up, some go down, but in the long run the markets have done well.

The fly in the ointment is the HFT algos that make 80% of the positions on the markets today.

The BDI numbers for the Europe-China trade more or less collapsed earlier this month. Since both the BRICS and EU are about US size if either or both go under we will too. I think the size of the crisis does not compute for most folks in the market. Consider one Datum what comparables are there for a nation that experiences two explosions in the tactical nuke range in a downturn? I'll cover a bet that one of those explosions was an oops or terror bombing but not both nor am I willing to give more than 2 to 1 odds. If a third boom comes along before anyone offers to cover this bet offer expires and my maximum risk is $10. China is going tits up as we post.

Oil and Gas rebounded a bit. Curious to see what tomorrow brings

It will bring the same shit it always brings; some go up, some go down, but in the long run the markets have done well.

The fly in the ointment is the HFT algos that make 80% of the positions on the markets today.

Indeed. The market trading was halted over 1000 times yesterday. The volatility exceeded accepted parameters. Some day traders who 'thought' they bought or sold at a specific rate only to find the trade was delayed that cost some cold hard $$$

-Geaux

Forum List

Back