That Time of Year Again

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Every year I check Yahoo for non-financial issues with Betas > 0.2, reasonably active options, prices $20-50/sh and then in August I go through the 200 day+ ETF betas> 0.5 found in that month's issue of "AAII Journal". I generally make about 4% net returns on covered puts minus transaction fees and my Black/White swan index straddles hedge.

Here's the strange thing. My wife has been bugging me to get a broker with an office near enough that she can just run over and check tax issues on my account. So, when I went over to one of the discount brokers with a nearby office I found out that practically the whole world knew about the strategy I use and virtually no one uses it. Why is that?

Every year I check Yahoo for non-financial issues with Betas > 0.2, reasonably active options, prices $20-50/sh and then in August I go through the 200 day+ ETF betas> 0.5 found in that month's issue of "AAII Journal". I generally make about 4% net returns on covered puts minus transaction fees and my Black/White swan index straddles hedge.

Here's the strange thing. My wife has been bugging me to get a broker with an office near enough that she can just run over and check tax issues on my account. So, when I went over to one of the discount brokers with a nearby office I found out that practically the whole world knew about the strategy I use and virtually no one uses it. Why is that?
Many mysterious questions need answers in today's world. My fee is usually around $350 per hour to answer such questions. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks. ( there is a one hour minimum charge )

Many mysterious questions need answers in today's world. My fee is usually around $350 per hour to answer such questions. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks. ( there is a one hour minimum charge )
If he's an African-American, I will charge half that. The government will reimburse me triple.

Forum List

Back